VN Ren'Py Abandoned ValiDate: Struggling Singles in Your Area [v1.1] [ValiDate Game]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Delteros

Sep 25, 2017
Because the people who made this, or at the very least the heads, are openly racist. The game itself is just cookie cutter modern day western media turned into a dating sim. There are several reasons the not like this game.

Reactions: Alleyway

Noctum28

Nov 11, 2018
The full game has just been released on itch and is now also available on Steam:

arteria

Dec 31, 2018
Can anyone take one for the team and upload the full game here? The OP has the demo from 2020 and I am very curious about how much of a trainwreck this thing turned out to be.

arteria

Dec 31, 2018
I don't see why this gets so much hate.
This game's intention is to offer "representation" to minorities, which in and of itself makes the devs come off as condescending towards other VNs ("hey guys our VN is inclusive unlike the others!!"). That, plus the 'representation' offered isn't even good- many of these characters are stereotypes, ugly as sin, and despite the fact that ValiDate is marketed as a romance VN not all routes are romantic or sexual (which would be expected of a VN that is, allegedly, 18+).
It's weird as hell, and that's why I find it so interesting that they actually managed to complete the game. Or well, the first volume anyways. If anyone has it please share it here.

Reactions: TravisBatMan
2.70 star(s) 3 Votes