VN Ren'Py Abandoned ValiDate: Struggling Singles in Your Area [v1.1] [ValiDate Game]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

KungFuKitteh2

Jun 9, 2017
It got pulled from steam for a bit, and then was resubmitted. Curiously, when it originally got pulled, the reviews were, across the board, overwhelmingly negative. It's suspected they pulled it to wipe the reviews.
But did they make enough patreon money to add and then subsequently remove white people from the game? :LOL:

Alleyway

Nov 27, 2018
Is it against the rules to bump a shit game back up for the sole purpose of annoying everyone by reminding them of its existence, just because I think it's funny? If it is against the rules, than I'm not doing that with this post. I'm actually... um, game's release date is scheduled for Feb of 2022! Just saw it on Steam. So, y'know, start saving up. Add it to your wishlist. Only a year away now.

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
Is it against the rules to bump a shit game back up for the sole purpose of annoying everyone by reminding them of its existence,
It is. However, I'm not pissed at you, but more at F95's coding which gives intimation about new posts to users whose post have been axed cause a mod somewhere decided it wasn't worth keeping cause criticism of a troll dev's game is invaild. So even though I no longer have a post in this thread, I'm forced to click on it by mistake going through my notification log. >_>

Oct 29, 2020
So I decided to bite the bullet and try it out (thankfully it's just a demo) and BOY did this game make me feel like garbage.
I chose the only male MC and god, if I had to live a single day in his head I'd preemptivly shoot myself.
He's so fucking hateful, it's ridiculous. Always bashing on the guy he's met being a 'typical cis man' (when he doesn't even know if he's cis or not but ok) and being extremely rude to him the whole time (that's where I'm questioning why tf they even made him the only LI in the demo but ok). I especially got annoyed at the cis-bashing shit because I'm a transguy and just treat everybody as a regular human being... because I'm crazy like that, I guess.
During their second meeting it's a bit better but all of the social commentary just made me want to turn back time and avoid installing the demo at all. I mean: I play games and read fictional stories because I DON'T want to think about all the awful shit going on in the real world, especially not when it's presented from an asshole's point of view. Also being someone that believes that hate can't kill hate (because it can't, obviously) this whole game just reads like an sjw's tumblr vent post.

But seriously, don't even try this out for the laughs because there won't be any, trust me. It just made me feel annoyed and then sad for the people who actually think like that (and also mad at them for being idiots).

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
throwawayed That's because it's the result of a SJW that took the "Do your own game then!" line seriously for once... probably made by someone who believes the radical, literally retarded, bullshit and wishs that everyone would be gay and/or trans because that would be so much better and magically cure cancer or something. *sigh* For years now they're not even making points anymore it's just about appearing necessary, even though it's nothing but dogma and ideologic pisstaking anymore.

Reactions: DeltaTenNZ

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
What I want to know is .. beyond even the politics .. why do they all look so .. ugly. I'm not even talking about their body shapes or other factors of their appearances .. Just their facial expressions. These look like people I would avoid talking to let alone want to date. If one confessed to me I would be over the horizon faster than the speed of sound.

From left to right on the title pick.

1. Fucking creepy .. date rape candidate.
2. I think I'm the hottest fucking shit ever.
3. Sorta okay but one of her lines is "poetic bitches have the best pussy." Nuh uh.
4. Terminal caffeine addict.
5. Perpetually dissapointed.
6. Perpetual Nagger.
7. The kind of person that makes posts about being quirky and free. But actually has more red flags than a communist rally.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020
What I want to know is .. beyond even the politics .. why do they all look so .. ugly. I'm not even talking about their body shapes or other factors of their appearances .. Just their facial expressions. These look like people I would avoid talking to let alone want to date. If one confessed to me I would be over the horizon faster than the speed of sound.

3. Sorta okay but one of her lines is "poetic bitches have the best pussy." Nuh uh.
6. Perpetual Nagger.
7. The kind of person that makes posts about being quirky and free. But actually has more red flags than a communist rally.
It's probably related to body positivity, that "conventional attractiveness" isn't the only form of attractiveness, facial features and expression included.

CocoVC

Aug 10, 2018
Wow. This was an interesting..discovery.
Background art is consistent, but sprite art needs to be uniform; the varying art styles make it jarring and inconsistent.
Unfortunately the game's weak point is the writing. The internal monologue should be from the character's voice, not from a second-person omniscient point of view. Personally, I would remove the internal monologue altogether and let the player deduce what is going on from dialogue alone. More showing and less telling.
Overall, this dating sim comes off as a poor imitation of Dream Daddy; maybe with a better writer it can no longer be seen as a joke.

kitsunedawn

Aug 17, 2017

6. Perpetual Nagger.

Everything I've read about the game, from the developers themselves, suggest that those art styles are entirely intentional.

Also, for what it's worth, I love this statement from you "more red flags than a communist rally.".

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
It's probably related to body positivity, that "conventional attractiveness" isn't the only form of attractiveness, facial features and expression included.
I find it funny how these "body positivity" people don't seem to understand why being relatively thin is seen as attractive nowadays or why there is an emphasis on working out and being a tad more concave.
Anyone ever seen older paintings of women being a bit "rounder"? That was because in those times it was seen as a sign of wealth to have any body fat whatsoever. It was actually an achievement to be fat when those paintings were made because food supply was anything but stable or plentiful.
That's a major reason why being fat is looked down upon in the first place: Nowadays being fat is no challenge. The challenge is to stay thin with all the sugar and fat thrown into food products. Actively shaming and harassing people for being fat is still wrong, but that doesn't mean being fat should be seen as alright. Having some body fat is very healthy and better than having none at all, but being able to stall an elevator by yourself is both too easy to achieve and proven to be unhealthy.
Aside from that everything else is subjective to every person. Complaining about people finding someone unattractive because of some body feature is like complaining to nature about natural selection: pointless at best and dangerous at worst.

vocaloidboy

Nov 26, 2018
I find it funny how these "body positivity" people don't seem to understand why being relatively thin is seen as attractive nowadays or why there is an emphasis on working out and being a tad more concave.
Anyone ever seen older paintings of women being a bit "rounder"? That was because in those times it was seen as a sign of wealth to have any body fat whatsoever. It was actually an achievement to be fat when those paintings were made because food supply was anything but stable or plentiful.
That's a major reason why being fat is looked down upon in the first place: Nowadays being fat is no challenge. The challenge is to stay thin with all the sugar and fat thrown into food products. Actively shaming and harassing people for being fat is still wrong, but that doesn't mean being fat should be seen as alright. Having some body fat is very healthy and better than having none at all, but being able to stall an elevator by yourself is both too easy to achieve and proven to be unhealthy.
Aside from that everything else is subjective to every person. Complaining about people finding someone unattractive because of some body feature is like complaining to nature about natural selection: pointless at best and dangerous at worst.
Another factor I believe in attractiveness is a person's attitude/personality. Even if I didnt care about the body weight of any of these bitches in this game I wouldnt want to be anywhere near them because of their personality, their horrendous attitude, their self centered uppitiness.

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
The personality is definitly the biggest problem. It's the same problem with pretty much everything else woke: the writers write what they think is "perfect" in their eyes or atleast acceptable, end up writing walking tropes and don't do shit with them. Most of the time they write up Mary-Sues and that really only works in games with character creation, because then the player is the Mary-Sue and won't get bombarded with what amounts to propaganda...

Grey Wolf 73

Sep 30, 2018
Why is this abandoned?
This game was so progressive that playing it for 30 seconds gave players social whiplash and a sense of overwhelming entitlement.
Unemployment claims went up 300% during it's run.
Birth rates dropped in upper class and educated families due to too much time spent playing the game.
It was just too much for this world to take.
Maybe one day we will be ready for such a game...

...BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY!

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
Why is this abandoned?
Not sure why it's marked as abandoned. Not really a fan of this game and it's... proclivities (forgot it existed until you commented), but checking rq it's slated to release on Steam in September I believe.

The white character did get added, btw. An Italian who will get a "nepotism job" that showers "twice a month" and his tagline is "wealth is a choice, horror is a lifestyle" or some bullshit so... thanks for reminding me that this game will always be just a way to irritate people lol

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes