VN Ren'Py Velvet Bunnies [v0.1] [Zafiro Team]

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I don't intent to argue, but I wasn't speaking about all optional content. Just a specific type of content being optional being "a lie." In that it isn't truly "optional." Choices in games are great, but some choices by their very nature cause an impact even if not taken.

I'll give you a few examples if you like (In a spoiler since it will relate to another games):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Choices are fine, optional stuff can be great and add to an AVN in many ways. But not all choices are equal, and some have impact even if not taken. The target audience, the game's themes and greater story dictate the types of choices that should even be in the game, not just having choices for choices sake. But this will probably be my last word in this thread.
That's why a lot of games usually have a toggle for this type of content, or at the very least a choice early on like "Is this something the MC would be interested in?" Then you choose yes or no, and that affects the MC and his dialogue going forward. I have no idea how this game handles this content, but I tend to not like making assumptions based on little info. I do agree that setting and premise matter, and that it fits in better to a brother management/strip club management style game. Which this is likely one of the two, if I had to guess personally. Even if it's just a sexily themed bar, it could still work completely fine. It ultimately just comes down to how it's executed. However, that doesn't change the fact that it's optional by the very definition of the word, in terms of the content itself. Sure the perspective of the MC might not be optional in some games who don't handle this content well... but again I just don't like making assumptions.

I think as long as this type of content is handled well, and doesn't feel forced, it can work in any game. I have never had a problem with it as long as it's optional. A lot of people just instantly write off games, and even shit on them and/or their devs though... usually based on assumptions or just ignorance. That's what peeves me on this forum a lot, but I've just come to accept this as the reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeTheMC84

(Light)

Jun 7, 2024
I don't intent to argue, but I wasn't speaking about all optional content. Just a specific type of content being optional being "a lie." In that it isn't truly "optional." Choices in games are great, but some choices by their very nature cause an impact even if not taken.

I'll give you a few examples if you like (In a spoiler since it will relate to another games):

Choices are fine, optional stuff can be great and add to an AVN in many ways. But not all choices are equal, and some have impact even if not taken. The target audience, the game's themes and greater story dictate the types of choices that should even be in the game, not just having choices for choices sake. But this will probably be my last word in this thread.

exter

May 29, 2017
Unfortunately the best part about this is the title screen so far. There is one short shower scene (youspy on one of the women) and some talking and then it ends.

Also, you have disclaimer that some content will be paywalled.

Reactions: Lerd0

IceboundArt

Sep 24, 2019
It's short, but pretty decent so far. The models are nice and the girls have potential. With some of the future tags it has planned, the game can scratch a few niches that games with similar settings like Pale Carnations don't.

Glad to see Netorase/Sharing over full on Netorare personally and hopefully the dev will not back out of the choice to include it. They clearly want to make a game with NTR. Do actually make it optional though and not just "skip scene" for the people that don't want it.

With that said the choice to lock routes behind a paywall is a bit shit. It's just gonna make people who play the free version not care about those love interests and have no incentive to actually pay for anything. The payed version always ends up getting leaked anyway. It sucks, I get it. You need money to make continuing development worth it, but I've never seen one of these games locking large amounts of content behind a paywall work out. Not to be harsh, but the track-record isn't gonna have people rushing to support yet either.

SCC managed to do it successfully by only locking small content like skins, holiday events and a couple extra non plot important scenes behind a paywall. People are more likely to pay for stuff that feels like bonus content than missing content. Also time locking new releases behind tiers is something most devs do and it works decently well.

Reactions: MortyFortyTwo

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
..someone told him on itchio....dev disagreed.....
View attachment 3720827
..dat said.....his itchio page is funny as fuck....
Yeah....That the company has shut down does not change the protection of copyrights, patents, or trademarks that were owned by the company. Usually these are sold off and if they aren't...they're still protected but I guess they'll find that out sooner or later. :KEK:

juneba

Jul 12, 2018
My brain was kind of hoping as i read the summary that the brother would have been still alive, just incompetent and you step in to save the bar. The sudden death stuff feels a little overdone.

Gexiz

Jul 16, 2020
The game has a very good quality, I really like the quality and the character design, the launch was very short, but honestly I see some potential here, I hope the dev goes ahead with this project. I'll try to follow him closely