ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
So what is considered an ailment in this game? any attack/field skill?
Depends what you're asking for. Poison, Stun, Curse, Seal, Charm, and stat Debuffs are ailments. The Supreme type prevents all of these. Absolute Cure and Resist Ailments does not prevent Seal or Charm.
Hi guys someone knows if in the chaos route is possible to avoid Luseli become a fallen angel in chapter 8?
I haven't done Chaos since Hypno, but I don't remember being able to stop Luseli's transformation. Isn't it a story battle? According to the guide, you can prevent it by picking the Law option at the end of the Alioth scenario.
Is combining Lethal Critical/Critical Boost generally better for damage than Helmet Split?
Helmet Split = Critical Boost 1 > Lethal Critical > Critical Boost, in order of priority. Explained below.

All three skills serve different purposes. Helmet Split is almost always the best damage option, but if a unit has high Speed, you want at least 1 level of Critical Boost to help with Parry, since Critical Boost raises the hidden crit chance cap from 50% to 75%. On units with low Speed, Critical Boost isn't worth it even if they already have high levels of Critical Boost. Lethal Critical reduces enemy defense by 25% on crit, which translates to 1.33x damage before the actual crit damage boost from the skill. Same as Critical Boost, you want at least 1 level for that Defense cut, but only if the unit has a decent chance to crit in the first place. Stacking more Lethal Critical is usually more important for enemy Fatal Resist than it is for damage.

Mathematically, Helmet Split scales exponentially (kinda), Critical Boost scales linearly, and Lethal Critical also scales linearly (based on crit).

Last edited:

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Hey. Here again. Tried to find and couldn't. Can someone please point me in a direction of some guide explaining units in detail please or answer some questions?

I guess that icon next to creature level is their class(?), so does it give anything special or is it there to find characters easier to fill in? Like guardians tanking damage maybe fighters have some damage boost or something?

Does creature type means anything in itself or is it only there to know who can deal more damage to them having slay with their type? looking at goblin smith I saw Mechanical boost skill. Is mechanical a type and if so how can i tell?

What is the order in which i choose my creatures? The way i got it is first i choose commander, then fill in slots by looking at their class and race and then i look at theirs stats and skills. Is it about right?

When recruiting I can alter creatures by removing their yellow passive skills and tactical skill and boosting their main stats. Why are yellow passives yellow? Do they only apply to if creature is a commander? About tactical skills in tutorial it said that i should be careful with them and i can't spam them, so does it mean that if i dislike particular tactical skill i should opt for stat boost?

And lastly what is a leader link? I tried to press all the buttons i could but it doesn't seem like i can affect it. What does it do? Some special buffs if those characters in the same squad or battalion or deployed?

Thank you very much!

-Downloaded previous game and watched tutorial there and got it all now.
I don't recall what mechanics were present in VBF, so if any of this is repeated, oh well.

The six classes are Blader, Lancer, Shooter, Caster, Guarder, and Destroyer. Bladers often have Added Attack and high Critical Boost and/or Lethal Critical. Lancers usually come with Pierce/Wide Attack and Flank Attack. Shooters are Ranged Attack users. Casters usually have some combination of ailments, healing, and/or continuous damage. Guarders are stereotypical tanks. Destroyers usually have Helmet Split. Each class gains a damage bonus against the class before it, in order.

Yes, Mechanical Boost is a skill that buffs Mechanical units. I'm going to assume you learned the icons from VBF. Other than slays, the Night, Fire, Lightning, Poison, Undead, Poison, Undead, Wraith, and Supreme types have special attributes. Night units aren't penalized at nighttime (half Defense, unable to use Range Attack). Fire units can't be charmed. Lightning units can't be stunned. Poison and Undead units are unaffected by Poison damage. Undead units can only be healed by certain skills. Wraith units take and deal 1/4 damage to all other unit types, unless the other unit slays them. Supreme units are immune to all ailments.

That's a perfectly fine way to build teams, starting out. Don't get too hung up on having one of every class. You mostly want to look at skills then match types. At least half of your team should have a Boost/Command skill that works on most of the other units in your team.

Yellow/orange-ish passives are leader skills that only activate if the unit is the leader of their division. Alteration is perfectly fine to do on most units. Your commander units have plenty of more useful Force skills.

Leader Link grants that unit a 10% stat boost if they are in a division led by one of the units listed.

Reactions: qwertdewq

Erislain

May 21, 2020
Please help! How can i defeat Iris? (Chaos route) Im playing on Hard mode. I have made many attempts with different strategies. But they all didn't work.

Mar 19, 2018
Is mission demon queen of snakes on chaos route bugged? The mission finished before I occupied the castle. It seems I accomplished the mission after getting certain numbers of locations which is not indicated in the info.

Erislain

May 21, 2020
Is mission demon queen of snakes on chaos route bugged? The mission finished before I occupied the castle. It seems I accomplished the mission after getting certain numbers of locations which is not indicated in the info.
It was the same for me. Probably a mistake in the description.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Please help! How can i defeat Iris? (Chaos route) Im playing on Hard mode. I have made many attempts with different strategies. But they all didn't work.
Not doing Chaos route yet, but it would help if you posted screenshots, described the enemy setup, or specified what exactly it is that you're having trouble with. I don't even remember who Iris is.
Isn't that the one where story interrupts it? Chapter 6? That's intended. You aren't supposed to actually finish the mission on Chaos. I think in Hypno you couldn't even S++ it because of that.

Erislain

May 21, 2020
Not doing Chaos route yet, but it would help if you posted screenshots, described the enemy setup, or specified what exactly it is that you're having trouble with. I don't even remember who Iris is.

Isn't that the one where story interrupts it? Chapter 6? That's intended. You aren't supposed to actually finish the mission on Chaos. I think in Hypno you couldn't even S++ it because of that.
1638564863748.png
This fight. The big thing is Iris. I even used artmoney. For exp. Only in this battle. It didn't work for me.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
This fight. The big thing is Iris. I even used artmoney. For exp. Only in this battle. It didn't work for me.
Welcome to high difficulty VB, where no amount of grinding will help you against the utter bullshit that is enemy setups. I don't know where to begin, and it doesn't help that I don't think I have access to the units you do. What Tactica do you have unlocked?

On further observation, what even is your team setup? That doesn't LOOK like it's supposed to be a burn team. Where's the Nulls? Absolute Cure? Heck, where's the Boosts/Commands/Formations? No Strat Barrier decoy to tank the inevitable Force skill(s)? Or Strat Hinder + Action Block to burn the Force? Have you tried the Self-Destruct + Recovery combo? Have you been brute-forcing Hard this entire time, and if so, why?

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019
guys any1 has a good setup for the Turtle unit Genbu since his choice of tokens is very limited im trying to build a team for use byaku, genbu,suzaku, seiryu and some others to finish feeling

Herysa Archie

Sep 17, 2017
damn i just downloaded abyss last night, and this came out, now i have to skip abyss because i've been waiting for this for a long time.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
guys any1 has a good setup for the Turtle unit Genbu since his choice of tokens is very limited im trying to build a team for use byaku, genbu,suzaku, seiryu and some others to finish feeling
Ironically, those units don't actually work well together. If you're talking about Genbu independently, it comes with Defense Only, Hardy Physique 40, Fatal Resist 50, and Slayer Defense 75, and can equip Shields and Beast Accessories. The most common approach to building a Guarder dictates you give it Forward Guard, then prioritize Hardy Physique and Slayer Defense.

Growth of C means it can only use titles from R3 Tactica or below, so you can give it Massive (Giant) and Kung-Fu (Sea) titles for Hardy Physique 15 and Slayer Defense 20. R4 Big Oni Gauntlets will give it Forward Guard and another Hardy Physique 10. R4 Demon Realm Steak adds another Hardy Physique 10. You may find it useful to give it the R6 One-Up Mushroom instead for Recovery and Spell Barrier. Genbu doesn't really need the limited high rarity equipment.

In the end, you have a tank with extremely high Defense, Hardy Physique 75 (capped at 80) and Slayer Defense 95 (capped at 100). Viable on all difficulties. Against divisions without Dimension Slash, you only really need Cross Null and a decoy in front of it. When you start running into Dimension Slash, trade the front decoy for an Evade decoy in the backline behind it (slot 4, putting Genbu in slot 1) and bring Flank Null.

Last edited:

Alkaid_

May 27, 2021
What's an Evade Decoy? Is it just a unit with super low HP*Defense (minmaxed for DPS I guess) with evade placed in front of the tank? Is that to free up a slot that Forward Guard would use?

Seems kinda lame and AI-abuse but if the higher difficulties are that hard then I guess it's probably necessary/baked into the game.

Also, SPEED INCREASES CRIT CHANCE? Fucking hell there's so much hidden bullshit.

Thoughts on the mech team? They're probably the strongest I have at the moment and generally just run over anything with a big bag of stats. The T-Rex can end up with 600+ attack, all-attack, and has oneshot entire lategame (for Normal at least) enemy divisions. Would this kinda team work on stuff above hard? I guess it's lacking Cross Null so probably not. 1638582101025.png

sanndan

Jun 27, 2019
What's an Evade Decoy? Is it just a unit with super low HP*Defense (minmaxed for DPS I guess) with evade placed in front of the tank? Is that to free up a slot that Forward Guard would use?

Seems kinda lame and AI-abuse but if the higher difficulties are that hard then I guess it's probably necessary/baked into the game.

Also, SPEED INCREASES CRIT CHANCE? Fucking hell there's so much hidden bullshit.

Thoughts on the mech team? They're probably the strongest I have at the moment and generally just run over anything with a big bag of stats. The T-Rex can end up with 600+ attack, all-attack, and has oneshot entire lategame (for Normal at least) enemy divisions. Would this kinda team work on stuff above hard? I guess it's lacking Cross Null so probably not. View attachment 1529443
Screenshot (6).png

4.10 star(s) 15 Votes