Collection Video ViciNeko collection [2024-06-23] [ViciNeko]

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes

KitsuneEcchi

Sep 3, 2023
So prove us wrong.

I can pick a random month. February 2023. Of your 4 updates, 3 are to work on lights. April 2023. Of the 3 updates, 3 are doing work on lights. May 2023. Of the 5 updates, 5 of them are working (and your own words "reworking") lights. Even in the comment sections responding to these posts, you guys additionally post about editing lights, new lights. We went over this the last time you came here and then predictably ran away like you do on any other social media platform when someone calls you out on the bullshit.

We have the receipts. You're proving my statement that you are a pathological and compulsive liar and are just compelled to lie about something every time you talk even if that lie offers no benefit and even more so when it does like stretching the bullshit an extra week for a sub cycle. It's absurd. But you'll still have your dickriding club aka PurpleDementia gladly lapping it up pretending you're some sort of animation savant (though I wouldn't be surprised if you were just jerking yourself off with an alt account to post the same shit as your excuses).
I went back and re-read the updates, and there's a whole lot more than lights mentioned. Throughout the whole process we mention animation frequently, lights frequently, renders frequently, all things that we have to work on throughout the entire lifecycle of a project. Not just here and there for a couple days and suddenly it's done and behind us. In those updates you pointed out we also mentioned some scenes we needed to work on still, fluid sims, etc. I could just copy/paste our patreon posts here I suppose but that would be a lengthy mess of a message that I don't suspect you will bother reading the second time.

But regardless you specifically said we were "re-doing" lights over and over. Not just working on lights (which is a pretty lengthy process in itself). I would like to see a receipt for your assertion there of "re-doing" it all several times that you just now said you have. Some scenes were redone sure, but it's just part of the usual polishing or to make the visual styles match better. Because what actually happens is we do core animation, then do core lighting, then polish the animation, then go back and polish the lights. We don't perfect every scene one scene at a time then onto the next. We lay the groundwork for big portions of the project, or a whole project, then polish and improve it after while trying to maintain visual consistency. The lights aren't all redone from beginning to end 4, 5, 6, 7, or 10,000 times. We set core lights, then we polish the lights later. Pretty straightforward.

The exception to the rule is for WIPs. We specifically polish them a bit extra to share, while all of the scenes around them may not have any lights or polished animation for a while after still.

I would also like to see the receipt for your "$10,000 imaginary mic" claim. You ignored that part.

And your claims of "stretching for the next sub cycle" make no sense. Not only did we actually show most of the work we did in live streams, that's not how our membership works. Our members generally just stay subbed consistently for the whole process, so it's completely irrelevant whether some specific part of lights or animation or whatever are done one week or the other. It doesn't affect the numbers and isn't something we care about. Members don't follow what week some specific piece is done, they look to the WIPs to see the progress and the text updates for context. That's it. It takes as long as it takes, and a whole lot of people actually saw with their own eyes what it took. Not to mention, as I just stated in the last message, things like "stretching" or "stalling" are silly. They don't make us money, they lose money. Even just the sheer length of time everything took had a blatant negative effect on us for months in our analytics.

To repeat what I said before, we could have cut some corners and just rushed things out faster and it would have made us more money. Less people upset, and faster to jump onto the next hype train for a new animation. But instead of slopping it together for easier money and better analytics, we stuck to our vision and tried to make the best we could. It cost us a bit, but we feel everyone deserved better than a rush job just to hang onto subscribers.

zxcv1245789

May 25, 2023
To be honest, for people who only complain, no matter what you say, they will always have a reason. People who are not the producers will not understand the difficulties at all. I watched them on discord until the time they were released. I often revise an action for several days, so I know where their difficulties are. By the way, I have already been supporting them when they turned on the patron mode. I like their creativity, ideas, and plot. I just hope that next time For your work, you can plan the time well. Maybe you can divide a story into two parts, which lasts about 30 minutes. This way, it will not put too much pressure on you. It also avoids criticism. Good works are worth waiting for. But waiting too long is not necessarily a good thing. (I used a translator for the above. The translation may not be good enough)

KitsuneEcchi

Sep 3, 2023
To be honest, for people who only complain, no matter what you say, they will always have a reason. People who are not the producers will not understand the difficulties at all. I watched them on discord until the time they were released. I often revise an action for several days, so I know where their difficulties are. By the way, I have already been supporting them when they turned on the patron mode. I like their creativity, ideas, and plot. I just hope that next time For your work, you can plan the time well. Maybe you can divide a story into two parts, which lasts about 30 minutes. This way, it will not put too much pressure on you. It also avoids criticism. Good works are worth waiting for. But waiting too long is not necessarily a good thing. (I used a translator for the above. The translation may not be good enough)
We definitely agree there, and we've made some significant changes to how we structure our projects because of it. Succubus Hu Tao was the first little test, and we made further improvements for how we tackle Melody (。> ‿ ◕。)

We should have much more manageable project sizes now, with much faster release dates again. And thank you very much! (˵^ ◡ ^˵)❤

Larcx

Nov 6, 2018
We should have much more manageable project sizes now, with much faster release dates again. And thank you very much! (˵^ ◡ ^˵)❤
IMO EulaxLawa was a Perfect duration ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧˚
Having 20+ minutes , not only there is a wasted scene ┐(´д`)┌
It's too long to wait for , for almost 2 year~ ( ゚ー゚)

Reactions: WilsonAesir

Pinkydll

Apr 19, 2022
These people... I really have no qualms whatsoever to those people who are complaining... PROVIDED THAT YOU ARE SUPPORTING THEM FINANCIALLY. If you are just waiting here for free, whatever dissatisfaction you might have, I don't believe you have any right to complain about it.

Imagine getting a freebie and being a bitch about it. You look like online version of Karens.

Chuuni7

Jan 20, 2022
I still take Vici's 28min 2years-in-the-making Fischl video over any of these by a long shot, tho. I really don't like the look of sodeno's videos - the models look like clay/plastic, weird shading, etc. It doesn't matter to me that sodeno pumped out 8 videos in the time it took Vici to release one, if none of those 8 comes even CLOSE to the quality of Vici's video IMO. Quality > Quantity for me. I also really don't get why so many people shit on the VA so much here. While it certainly isn't the best VA performance I've heard, I thought it sounded pretty faithful/close to (JP) Fischl and I take these "Haahs" over overexaggerated moanings like some other creators/works tend to do anyday of the week. For example like most VAs in Rinhee's videos act during the climax scenes. They sound like they are getting tortured or killed by how much they overexaggerate with their moanings sometimes...
as a maaya uchida megasimp, she does not sound close to JP fischl

Reactions: lyzergnature

boredman110

Jan 19, 2019
I forgot about this project for a good year now, and seeing this thread devolve into a pissing contest is... Interesting, to say the least.

Though I haven't kept up with the project until just now, thus I can't entirely relate to the jaded bias going on, but 2+ years of waiting is definitely going to rile up some folks.

Still enjoyed it nonetheless. Hopefully Vicineko do well on their next project.

Luminight

Dec 24, 2019
what's the difference between the 2 Fischl x Slime videos aside from size?
I second this question

I think I figured it out? May just be different files or something cuz 264 runs fine on Windows Media Player, but 265 has no video and only audio if played on WMP. 265 will have video on something like VLC Player. That is what I found from downloading both versions.

Last edited:

Kii-tan

Feb 13, 2019
I second this question

I think I figured it out? May just be different files or something cuz 264 runs fine on Windows Media Player, but 265 has no video and only audio if played on WMP. 265 will have video on something like VLC Player. That is what I found from downloading both versions.
h265 is a more efficient video encoder than h264. Meaning a h265 video can have the same or better quality while have a much smaller file size. The default windows media player can't play h265 video unless you get a paid extension, I think. But there are a plethora of much better free media players that you can download that can play h265 videos, such as VLC.

Reactions: ThrowMeSway

Luminight

Dec 24, 2019
h265 is a more efficient video encoder than h264. Meaning a h265 video can have the same or better quality while have a much smaller file size. The default windows media player can't play h265 video unless you get a paid extension, I think. But there are a plethora of much better free media players that you can download that can play h265 videos, such as VLC.
Ahhhh gotcha. Thanks for the info on that (y)

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes