2.20 star(s) 5 Votes

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
AI CG, MTL... RPG Maker stock music... Looks like humans did nothing here, yet humans are selling it for money anyway.
Prepare yourself, the AI wave is here, guys. People without much talents can now make games too instead of taking their time to hone their potential talents.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Prepare yourself, the AI wave is here, guys. People without much talents can now make games too instead of taking their time to hone their potential talents.
1. It's not talent most of the time, its practice
2. People without skills always made them, the difference is now that we might get some half-decent art out of it.
3. Another positive is that good writers can now potentially make decent games without having to completely rely on commissioning art which at this point is rather expensive and often takes a long time to finish.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
1. It's not talent most of the time, its practice
2. People without skills always made them, the difference is now that we might get some half-decent art out of it.
3. Another positive is that good writers can now potentially make decent games without having to completely rely on commissioning art which at this point is rather expensive and often takes a long time to finish.
As for point 1 and 2, it's what I meant, I didn't word it correctly, my bad. I think everyone with good art start from somewhere from 0, but with practice, they get good, and because they are used to putting effort into something, they are more likely to produce good games.

AI makes people skip this step, so people who want to make games but don't want to practice, can now skip the hard part, and produce mediocre games simply because they get past the art hurdle easily. This is my 2 cents, so take it with a grain of salt. As for your 3rd point, I agree and I support these developers.

Ultimately, I have a big appreciation and love for good 2D art and the artists and developers behind them, and I support them. Which is why I have a bias against AI "art".

pixelica

Jan 12, 2019
If they are using 100% AI and don't even bother to fix simple thing like 6 fingers, that just mean they don't care about their work or art. Talent is not needed to use photoshop.
They are just in for quick bucks, that is why most people hate AI works. That also explain why 99% of game using AI generated images/render don't have decent story or gameplay. Apple won't fall far from it's tree.

lowtierntrgod

Nov 4, 2018
sigh if your going to use ai anyway then please use ai translations that way i at least know what is happening
now we get the worst of both worlds lazy ai cgs and a story that no one can follow

QKD-Valkyrie

Jul 15, 2023
At this point why don't you just generate your own AI art, your own AI story and bam! You get endless content for free.

So what is the "value" if someone buys one of these things? If I buy a dishwasher it helps me wash the dishes. So if I buy this I get..?

bbbb420

Feb 27, 2023
As for point 1 and 2, it's what I meant, I didn't word it correctly, my bad. I think everyone with good art start from somewhere from 0, but with practice, they get good, and because they are used to putting effort into something, they are more likely to produce good games.

AI makes people skip this step, so people who want to make games but don't want to practice, can now skip the hard part, and produce mediocre games simply because they get past the art hurdle easily. This is my 2 cents, so take it with a grain of salt. As for your 3rd point, I agree and I support these developers.

Ultimately, I have a big appreciation and love for good 2D art and the artists and developers behind them, and I support them. Which is why I have a bias against AI "art".
i can't draw for shit, and i am not paying someone 150$ an image for only stuff they want to draw, 20$ a month and can make all the images i want.

2.20 star(s) 5 Votes