4.10 star(s) 37 Votes

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
Eromantis Hi! Please, consider converting your PNGs (preferably the source one) into WEBP.
I did a quick test and got 86% savings, getting your "images folder" down to just over 100 MB without loss to fidelity (WEBP 96q with YUV):
View attachment 3211203

Plus, consider converting the 320K MP3s from your "music" to VBR 170-210K - you'll save a lot of space this way and audio quality will still be good.

Thanks!
Is it certain that there is no loss in image fidelity? I'm just curious :unsure:

700 to 100 MiB is insanely good but I'm also doubtful the game might not look good as it currently is. Visuals are a huge selling point for this game after all :HideThePain:

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
Is it certain that there is no loss in image fidelity? I'm just curious :unsure:

700 to 100 MiB is insanely good but I'm also doubtful the game might not look good as it currently is. Visuals are a huge selling point for this game after all :HideThePain:
See for yourself:

Modern compression algorithms are amazing and they should be utilized every time when dealing with lots of static shots.

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
See for yourself:

Modern compression algorithms are amazing and they should be utilized every time when dealing with lots of static shots.
That is insanely good. I could not find imperfections between them, no artifacts, no ghosting or blurriness... both images look exactly the same which is indeed amazing :illuminati:

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
That is insanely good. I could not find imperfections between them, no artifacts, no ghosting or blurriness... both images look exactly the same which is indeed amazing :illuminati:
I can tell the difference (mostly in noise), but it's borderline picky at this point.
I hope the dev can use this moving forward :)

Golomolo

Jan 1, 2022
Played this game and loving the story and animation so far! I hope the updates don't take too long as the story is now getting really interesting.

Reactions: ilovebooba

GeminiArt

Nov 30, 2020
Played this game and loving the story and animation so far! I hope the updates don't take too long as the story is now getting really interesting.
For now we have one update per month. I would like this to be maintained. However, I wonder what I would prefer if DEV couldn't maintain this update rate. Would I then prefer, for example, less frequent updates while maintaining the current amount of new content, or would I prefer updates as currently once a month (or more often) in exchange for less content.
I am leaning towards the latter option. I simply prefer to receive something new more often (even if there is less of it) than to wait, for example, two months for more content at once.

Reactions: Golomolo

Mrbanjo

Feb 11, 2019
I noticed how the updates are called episodes. Really confused me because i thought i missed content. Maybe consider calling them Versions instead?

Reactions: Creator13

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
I noticed how the updates are called episodes. Really confused me because i thought i missed content. Maybe consider calling them Versions instead?
Updates are in an episodic manner, how would that be confusing for you? The latest is Episode 3 and the next one will be Ep 4. It's that simple.

Also no, this is much easier to keep track of and you can also pinpoint what exactly happened in which episode rather than version numbers.

Eromantis

Donor
Game Developer
May 30, 2021
I don't have a problem with slow burn, but I hope the developer manages to put a bit more content in the updates. I'm following the game with interest. Thanks dev.
I'm a solo developer working part-time, I do everything in the game myself. That's why the updates aren't super big. If I get enough support on Patreon in the future, I will be able to devote all my time to the project.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
for music, I use .ogg
my .mp3 folder size is 397 MB
while the .ogg 272 MB

I also convert my .png to .webp (lossless) and its around -40% of size (using cwebp).

Jan 7, 2021
I'm a solo developer working part-time, I do everything in the game myself. That's why the updates aren't super big. If I get enough support on Patreon in the future, I will be able to devote all my time to the project.
Yeah, I know. Most developers who want to do this job start like that. And I mean not super big updates with my comment, just a little bit more content. I hope you get the support you want.

• Angry
Reactions: baka

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
Interesting game for sure. It has that uncomfortable vibe some movies have. I mean a girl comes to a town that feels like is completely cut off from the rest of the world. Everyone acts strange etc.
Also the main character is very cute and it will be interesting how she manages to cope with the situation she is in.
If i Would nitpick i would maybe say that maybe the render quality e could be a little bit better, but will see when the game has some sexual intercourse how it will look like. I guess i am used now to render quality of Summers gone and some other high quality games that have been released lately.
Still the story, the cute MC, and the strangeness of the setting can carry the game no matter if it has some other things that could be improved. I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

nenaliina

Nov 15, 2022
I have to say hard 'no' for this title since there is no 'skip'.

Can't just furiously click the screen to get past the boring start, because apparently the game automatically highlights one of the choices you get which you then end up clicking by accident. Had to restart the game twice already because of this. It wouldn't be an issue if I could just skip the parts I've already read but since it is not possible I don't know why I should bother to try it anymore. Shame, as the story seemed intriguing.

Eromantis

Donor
Game Developer
May 30, 2021
I have to say hard 'no' for this title since there is no 'skip'.

Can't just furiously click the screen to get past the boring start, because apparently the game automatically highlights one of the choices you get which you then end up clicking by accident. Had to restart the game twice already because of this. It wouldn't be an issue if I could just skip the parts I've already read but since it is not possible I don't know why I should bother to try it anymore. Shame, as the story seemed intriguing.
Use the CTRL button to skip

Reactions: Mesmerizet
4.10 star(s) 37 Votes