4.10 star(s) 37 Votes

capt ackerman

Sep 15, 2020
I have to say hard 'no' for this title since there is no 'skip'.

Can't just furiously click the screen to get past the boring start, because apparently the game automatically highlights one of the choices you get which you then end up clicking by accident. Had to restart the game twice already because of this. It wouldn't be an issue if I could just skip the parts I've already read but since it is not possible I don't know why I should bother to try it anymore. Shame, as the story seemed intriguing.
are you sure you are playing the right game, because skip button is working fine

lehu84

Mar 26, 2021

Can't just furiously click the screen to get past the boring start, because apparently the game automatically highlights one of the choices you get which you then end up clicking by accident. Had to restart the game twice already because of this. It wouldn't be an issue if I could just skip the parts I've already read but since it is not possible I don't know why I should bother to try it anymore. Shame, as the story seemed intriguing.
You do have the possibility to skip... As in every other Ren'py game: press and hold Ctrl. In Preferences you can choose what is skipped (text that you already red is always skippable).

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022

I don't think you've ever played a Renpy game before so here's the gist of it:

-Inside Preferences, Skip "Unseen text"
-Now use the Control key to skip all the dialogue, it will stop when there are choices to pick from.
-You can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to go back or forth in the game, this applies to choices as well.

R1k0

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think you've ever played a Renpy game before so here's the gist of it:

-Inside Preferences, Skip "Unseen text"
-Now use the Control key to skip all the dialogue, it will stop when there are choices to pick from.
-You can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to go back or forth in the game, this applies to choices as well.
I played a lot of games on Renpy, and every time skip was on the screen. So I don't understand your surprise that someone doesn't know about Ctrl key.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: johnyakuza1

lehu84

Mar 26, 2021
I played a lot of games on Renpy, and every time skip was on the screen. So I don't understand your surprise that someone doesn't know about Ctrl key.
Well, it's very surprising. It was one of the first things I learned about Ren'Py: Ctrl skips. Also, a lot of games hide screen menu, so it's surprising that this is the first time you encountered such a case. Regardless, I'm happy we could help you to solve your issue with the game.

Reactions: dav121

skyward1785

Jan 19, 2023
I liked suspense/thriller-theme story so far, thank you! I encountered this an exception error when
I was able to move forward by pressing Ignore, but just wanted to point this out :)

Last edited:

wikshdyt

Jun 22, 2020
I gotta say, A+ on the presentation so far. The renders look amazing. I will be following this thread and looking forward to future updates!

Massi89

Dec 21, 2020
I gave a read to the game as it is so far, and I admit it looks super promising. Keep it up!

lehu84

Mar 26, 2021
I liked suspense/thriller-theme story so far, thank you! I encountered this an exception error when
I was able to move forward by pressing Ignore, but just wanted to point this out :)
Did you use save from previous versions, or started a new game?

lehu84

Mar 26, 2021
I used my save from the previous version
Just as I thought. That's the problem. There was save incompatibility between episodes:

I think it would be good to state in the first post that saves are not compatible :) . If I use save from previous version, I get the error:
View attachment 3086817

It's because this variable was not defined in the previous version and in current version it's in the code that is executed at the beginning of the new game (which you obviously skip if you load save).

Eromantis, as a feedback:
If you want (and you want!) to keep saves forward compatible (I wouldn't worry about backwards compatibility, it's not important here) between versions, you need to think very carefully of what you will need and how to add things you missed when planning. Right now it's not a big deal but if game takes hours to play, it becomes cumbersome to play from the beginning every time there is a new version. This particular issue was easily avoidable: just define variables where you need them, not earlier. However, some compatibility problems are much more difficult to solve. If you can't keep compatibility, I'd advise to create some code which checks version of the save and loads properly depending on the version of the save. If it cannot be done, it's good to give people possibility to answer a few questions regarding key decisions and jump to the new content based on the answers.
Ignoring this error will just result in the same error down the line because this variable is still not defined. Right now the best advice I can give is to start a new game. It's still not very long game, so if you use Skip, it won't take much time.

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
You know you have a good game on your hands when I keep coming back to this thread hoping for an update. :KEK:

Eromantis If you're thinking about adding chikan scenes then please do! I'm a huge fan of chikan.:love:

On a bus or a train, whichever it is, I'd love to see them! It also fits the theme of VST because of sexual harassment and molestation.:WeSmart:

Last edited:
Reactions: R1k0 and Eromantis

Eromantis

Donor
Game Developer
May 30, 2021
You know you have a good game on your hands when I keep coming back to this thread hoping for an update. :KEK:

Eromantis If you're thinking about adding chikan scenes then please do! I'm a huge fan of chikan.:love:

On a bus or a train, whichever it is, I'd love to see them! It also fits the theme of VST because of sexual harassment and molestation. :WeSmart:
I'm in the process of working on a chikan scene!

4.10 star(s) 37 Votes