Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

raaSai

Oct 29, 2020
Regarding commissioned looks ... it's really beyond me how anyone can expect quality work for 25 bucks?? Like, just think about it ... It takes a few hours to create a simple custom look, even if you only use morph packages and pre-made textures / decals. For something that actually looks like a real-life person you need custom texture work and probably a custom sculpt as well. For $25 you can maybe expect an hour of actual work? Impossible. Try $250, for starters. Anything less and you really shouldn't complain if it doesn't look right. Pay professionally or you get hobbyist work.
On a slightly more helpful note: If you're looking for the best bang for your buck (ha) you should probably look for a creator that already has a look that is very similar to the one you want to commission (body type, age, ...). Customizing something that's already there is way easier and you're also more likely to get an artist who is into that look, which can somewhat compensate for bad money ;)

Shitbeard

May 29, 2018
Anyone has these?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: pigtamer69 and b h

Piotrek

Aug 19, 2018
To follow up, the Roac Platinum Hair. VaM is looking for the Messy Platinum hair vam file. In the var file messy has missing files vab vaj vam files. Can anyone assist. A model by Zorn is using that specific hair. Should I contact Roac for fix ?

FenixFyre

Dec 7, 2020
To follow up, the Roac Platinum Hair. VaM is looking for the Messy Platinum hair vam file. In the var file messy has missing files vab vaj vam files. Can anyone assist. A model by Zorn is using that specific hair. Should I contact Roac for fix ?
See if what you need is in here.

sogetthis

Dec 8, 2018
Regarding commissioned looks ... it's really beyond me how anyone can expect quality work for 25 bucks?? Like, just think about it ... It takes a few hours to create a simple custom look, even if you only use morph packages and pre-made textures / decals. For something that actually looks like a real-life person you need custom texture work and probably a custom sculpt as well. For $25 you can maybe expect an hour of actual work? Impossible. Try $250, for starters. Anything less and you really shouldn't complain if it doesn't look right. Pay professionally or you get hobbyist work.
It's not like you then own what you commissioned. The $25 are merely the incentive to work on what you want, vs. working on something else.

lxlegionxl

May 8, 2021
does anybody have jack or tali zora from mass effect I have the other ones posted on here a long time ago I just need the rest

raaSai

Oct 29, 2020
It's not like you then own what you commissioned. The $25 are merely the incentive to work on what you want, vs. working on something else.
Ok sure, that might be the case with some artists. But that doesn't change the economics behind it. Someone will have to pay because it's real, time-consuming work. Even artists need to eat, buy nice things and so forth. So you pay $25 and then ... the artist might not be into what you want or doesn't think it will sell. Then what? The artist will either decline or do a half-assed job because they really need the money and can't afford to spend 5-10 hours on it. It's just bad business for everyone involved, at least in my opinion.

$25 commissions might work if the artist makes a list of characters/looks they could do and you pick one that then goes to the front of their todo list.

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
Blazingsai bp _2021-03-22_03-56-27-088.png
who is blazingsai_bp ? I saw a load in a recent wallpaper thingy by a rosssquirrelnupkinchan.

Also I cant seem to get the recent excellent Reignmocap stuff to download from Kemino..any ideas why i get bad gateway?

And anyone have the latest Kittymocarp threesome?

...and any of these (for the weekend ;)

Also look out for my upcoming mega pack to give back to those who share...:-D
Blazingsai_2021-04-17_22-20-47-605 bp .png
I mean...god damn!

Last edited:

-Carcosa

May 14, 2021
I'm working on a new version of my tool, that creates a cleaned VAM directory that contains only one instance of each hair, morph, clothing and fixes references in various preset files (VAP). I won't be using VARs except for strictly utility-only VARs, it's the only case that makes sense.
Thanks I grabbed your vamifier from March and found the description post and will give it a shot. I'm still getting familiar with VaM's system and structure be resolving dependencies like this is always a problem eventually (ref: DLL hell on Windows and package crap on Linux). Your new tool sounds very interesting, post here if you need testers.

Reactions: Krosos

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
Their mirrors are really unstable sadly, just gotta wait a couple of hours usually - you can use a auto refresh tab browser extension and just check on it every once in a while.

lmao

She's a girl. She creates animations. Real mocaps.
A real girl!? :-O ....... is it best to refresh the bad gateway page or to keep clicking on the link generating them? or is there software which will do this for you? thanks ;)

Last edited:

Alaoquels

Jul 15, 2020
Can anyone please tell me what program or how to make a body texture?
It's just that I need to make my own body for my model, I know how to make a face, and even apply my own face texture,but I don't know how to make a body, and I often use someone else's suitable texture..

Reactions: pigtamer69

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
does anybody have jack or tali zora from mass effect I have the other ones posted on here a long time ago I just need the rest
There was an old Tali but it wasn't as var and didn't work. I spent many many hours trying to get it working and convert to a var. I never got the main morph for the toes/fingers to work.
I'll share it if somebody promises to fix the morph :)

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
To anyone interested in C&G Studios. He released "Like A Dark Horse" remaster free to the public at and from the looks of it he did about 6 releases this month including a Remaster of Dont Fade that brings it on par with the stage production of Breezy Planet.

He also released a statement their Rokoko motion capture suit will be shipping within the next 2 weeks. This is uncharted territory in regards to VAM and looking forward to how that team can harness creativity this summer. I won't be updating pirated contents from that Studio this year as I am really curious how this year blossoms for them and hopefully transition into VAM 2.0 if that's going to be a thing by Q4.
The problem with these remasters are ...well CS are now really good imo but this older stuff...isnt. It has no purpose. It doesnt go anywhere. Just some average dancing and a shaky cam and maybe a titty. If you compare that to their newer stuff...well it isnt in the same league so hard to get excited unless they took the old stuff and brought it up to their current level. Still cool that theyre doing that though.

May 5, 2021
So I used your tool...and I honestly have no idea what it really did, other than create random vars with names like 1117674905.var. Inside would be like 1 file. It also created a SHIT ton of files in in my scenes folder, most of them textures, but they didnt seem to be doing anything useful. Also, it literally ran for DAYS, working the whole time, not hung, and it never completed an entire run, would always eventually error out. Is this normal? I thought it was going to clean up my files (aka make less of them) but every time I ran it my VAM file would grow in size.

P.S. I mean no disrespect. Despite the fact I didn't get much out of it, it was pretty awesome to your tool in action, and I could tell a TON of work went into it. Im looking forward to future builds.
Check out VACUUM too if you havent yet. It's from the guy who made EasyMate. It doesn't do what vamifier does, but it will scan vars and delete the not-var equivalents in your install folder. can free up a ton of space and remove duplicates

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes