Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

keycode

Aug 21, 2017
Vam X if you ask for straight and (relatively) easy. The best for your needs. (posted link in this thread)

marcoct

Jan 2, 2020
since i'm new in these things i wanted to know from you that you know a lot about virt a mate if you could help me for an immersive scene like i told you before

Jun 19, 2018
Before I start doing this on my own:
Is anyone aware of any tool that would allow me to extract all Texture files from my .vars?

I am planning to have one folder with subfolders for all makeup/eye/skin decals/etc instead of having to browse through individual packages and selecting the texture from there.

I am thinking about unzipping all my .vars and just dropping the texture files in the Custom/Textures/<megafolder> folder instead of repackaging everything as a .var.

Has anyone had any experience with anything similar before?

ev0lved1

Jun 5, 2020
Is anyone aware of any tool that would allow me to extract all Texture files from my .vars?

I am planning to have one folder with subfolders for all makeup/eye/skin decals/etc instead of having to browse through individual packages and selecting the texture from there.

I am thinking about unzipping all my .vars and just dropping the texture files in the Custom/Textures/<megafolder> folder instead of repackaging everything as a .var.

This plan will work if all you intend on doing is creating scenes using the assets that you unzip. However, what's your plan for the VAR files you plan on unzipping? Are you going to remove those? If so...any vars that depend on them (and they all depend on each other at some point) will have a missing dependency and will not load.

Plus, you will have ALL of your files out of your vars (unzipped they will take up more space as they are no longer compressed) and (assuming you're keeping the VARS) all the VARS that also house those same files. This will translate into taking up a ton of space but much more importantly...will slow your VAM install down quite considerably.

Your on the right track though. Go ahead and experiment if you're a fellow brave soul! I believe in the next VAM the VAR system will change drastically. Maybe something like...instead of us downloading VARS for everything, we will download the files that go into pre-determined VAR files in our install file. A VAR file for textures, clothes, morphs, etc. These are just thoughts im my head I actually have no idea what it will be like, but I know it will change...ALOT!

Reactions: pigtamer69
May 26, 2021
Don't have this specific one, but this one is clearly better imho if you don't have it.
Thank you so much for posting this. I already had Miranda and Ashley in my collection, but I didn't have Liara. Now all three can hang out together in my captains cabin in VAM.

• Love
Reactions: Haliwod

wellton2137

May 13, 2020
Any thoughts on how I can ID all my "favorite" scenes from a file level? I was thinking of making a basic Poweshell script to look for my favorited VAR files and copy them to a backup folder. I thought it identified the file like disabled VARs (*.var.disabled) file but I am not seeing anything in my AddonPackages folder.
I can't even figure out how to find my favorited scenes inside of VaM. I know there are a good handful that I marked as favorites, but I haven't seen a way to sort based on favorites when I want to open a scene.

_Wolf_

Sep 25, 2017
I can't even figure out how to find my favorited scenes inside of VaM. I know there are a good handful that I marked as favorites, but I haven't seen a way to sort based on favorites when I want to open a scene.
If you use the scene browser (not load scene)at the top you can check mark "favorites" and it'll only show those that you have marked.

Reactions: wellton2137
Jun 19, 2018
This plan will work if all you intend on doing is creating scenes using the assets that you unzip. However, what's your plan for the VAR files you plan on unzipping? Are you going to remove those? If so...any vars that depend on them (and they all depend on each other at some point) will have a missing dependency and will not load.

Plus, you will have ALL of your files out of your vars (unzipped they will take up more space as they are no longer compressed) and (assuming you're keeping the VARS) all the VARS that also house those same files. This will translate into taking up a ton of space but much more importantly...will slow your VAM install down quite considerably.

Your on the right track though. Go ahead and experiment if you're a fellow brave soul! I believe in the next VAM the VAR system will change drastically. Maybe something like...instead of us downloading VARS for everything, we will download the files that go into pre-determined VAR files in our install file. A VAR file for textures, clothes, morphs, etc. These are just thoughts im my head I actually have no idea what it will be like, but I know it will change...ALOT!
I'm planning to keep all the .vars in AddonPackages.
I'm copying all the .vars to a separate folder outside of my VaM install folder where I will unzip each var to gain access to the texture files inside it.
I will then move all these textures to a single, better organized texture resource folder in my VaM install folder.
The plan is for me to be able to use the Root/Custom/Textures path when I want to load a texture. Take makeup decals for example. Right now I can click on the select face decals texture button and it opens up the VaM file explorer. Now, I have a couple makeup packages, but there are also some looks that came with their own makeup, so I kinda have to browse through multiple paths in the left column of the interface to find what I'm looking for, and it requires me to somewhat be aware of a texture's existence and general location so I can select it.
Once I've moved the textures I can delete the .var copies in the non-VaM folder all the extracted non-textures to save space. (basically undo the first step)

My .var files will remain intact, I will just have added another folder that has all the textures in one place for ease of navigation. The only downside to this approach is that the textures are duplicated since they're both in the .var and in my new folder.

Anon2469

Jul 13, 2020
Anyone have these?

Reactions: pigtamer69

VENTONORTE

Oct 26, 2020

I'm working on a program to do this! , because I have the same need. when it's ready, put it here to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes