Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssuukk

Jan 13, 2021
I'm just trying to clean up my VAM a bit. I delete looks that I don't need and put the custom folders of these vars in the root custom folder if another look needs something as a dependency. Does it make sense to unzip all the VARs that have to do with clothes and hair or will nothing change at the start speed?
It makes sense, as you have a lot of clothes duplicated many times in different VARs, sometimes together with their textures. Extracting them would allow you to have just a single copy of each. Plus if you decide to deleta a VAR its clothes, morphs, hair will still be available. There's no reason why acceessing files inside a zip would be any faster than accessing plain files on your fs. So yes, do it, you won't regret it. VAR package system sucks anyway.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019

Any of these would be greatly appreciated.

Kniffo

Jul 16, 2018
It makes sense, as you have a lot of clothes duplicated many times in different VARs, sometimes together with their textures. Extracting them would allow you to have just a single copy of each. Plus if you decide to deleta a VAR its clothes, morphs, hair will still be available. There's no reason why acceessing files inside a zip would be any faster than accessing plain files on your fs. So yes, do it, you won't regret it. VAR package system sucks anyway.
If I unpack the VAR, does the HUB still recognize that the dependencies are in the library or does it reload them from the HUB every time?

VirtualREM

Dec 18, 2020
Hey I know this is place for piracy, but I have plenty of free content I want to share because I know for a fact that most of you don't even know me since I'm not on any official VAM channels and I made tons of hair which I want to unload.

Annotation 2020-05-29 183026 (2).png

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes