4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

rykarara

May 25, 2017
Hello I'm fairly new to using VAM, so I figured out some template girls I downloaded have bigger mouth capacity (sucking dicks) than others. How can I adjust this setting? Btw I found VAM interesting, and I want to explore it usage

Boolsen

Dec 1, 2020
But having to choose between an upgrade from Ryzen 1600 to 5600 or 16GB to 32Gb RAM, which one would you do first?
Go for the CPU. 32 GB RAM just (mostly) prevents the game from crashing when loading multiple scenes/looks in the same session. CPU gives you overall better performance. To prevent the game from crashing you can also just load an empty new scene before loading another heavy scene.

This game is heavy CPU dependant. Haven't noticed a big jump from a GTX 1070 to a RTX 3080 for example. If you really want to get everything out of VAM performance wise, you have to experiment with third party resolution upscaling tools anyway. So don't expect a miracle from only upgrading your CPU. Even if you have a NASA PC, the game still slows down pretty heavily with more than 2 people/ lots of long hair stuff. Long hair simulation is the Kryptonite of VAM.

fr34ky

Oct 29, 2017
Dude... I didn't even needed VR for that. VAM sucked me in even in desktop mode.

But having to choose between an upgrade from Ryzen 1600 to 5600 or 16GB to 32Gb RAM, which one would you do first?
Sorry, I'm not too much into last cpus and gpus models, I have an intel i5 8500, a nvidia 2060, 32gb ram.

I have 2 installations of vam, for different kinds of stuff. My main instalation is on a M2 SSD and the other in a normal SSD, both run almost equally fine, with that I can load scenes in VR up to 3 characters, most of the times I use 2 characters tho and in high quality.

I think the advice given by Boolsen on the CPU thing is quite accurate.

Dvochin

Sep 15, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm a senior dev working on a large VaM plugin and struggling with the inability to debug my plugin the way I could if I were working natively in Unity.

Q1: My work would be sooooo much easier with a Unity version of VaM (even an older VaM version). I googled around and found nothing... is there anything / anyone that can help?
Q2: If the above is 'no', then whatever mechanism I can find to debug my plugin while it's running in VaM would be of great benefit. Has any plugin dev ever been able to debug their C# plugins?
Q3: Are there some devs that are known to have good debugging chops that can help me ramp up?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Go for the CPU. 32 GB RAM just (mostly) prevents the game from crashing when loading multiple scenes/looks in the same session. CPU gives you overall better performance. To prevent the game from crashing you can also just load an empty new scene before loading another heavy scene.

This game is heavy CPU dependant. Haven't noticed a big jump from a GTX 1070 to a RTX 3080 for example. If you really want to get everything out of VAM performance wise, you have to experiment with third party resolution upscaling tools anyway. So don't expect a miracle from only upgrading your CPU. Even if you have a NASA PC, the game still slows down pretty heavily with more than 2 people/ lots of long hair stuff. Long hair simulation is the Kryptonite of VAM.
I have problems loading that scene Virtual Sweetheart from TGC. But that's the only scene that hangs for a long time, I think it's because it's using the pagefile (not sure).

The Givemefps plugin allow me to play alright with a Ryzen 1600 and a RX570 at 1080p. But, since I want VR, I need upgrades.
Hi guys,

I'm a senior dev working on a large VaM plugin and struggling with the inability to debug my plugin the way I could if I were working natively in Unity.

Q1: My work would be sooooo much easier with a Unity version of VaM (even an older VaM version). I googled around and found nothing... is there anything / anyone that can help?
Q2: If the above is 'no', then whatever mechanism I can find to debug my plugin while it's running in VaM would be of great benefit. Has any plugin dev ever been able to debug their C# plugins?
Q3: Are there some devs that are known to have good debugging chops that can help me ramp up?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!
I think you should ask that here:
Or at their discord:

I don't know if the developer is active here at F95

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020
Does anyone know how to make ALVR works stable? Currently it's random as fcuk. Sometimes it works sometimes its not and when it's works there is lots of glitch and stuff. I have no idea what the fkc is happening.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Is there like an easy installer / manager for stuff for this? You have like .var, . vac, .xcf, .png etc.. so many different things that seem to go in different places?

S4lty0n3

Apr 9, 2018
i have a problem guys
2 weeks ago i resett my computer because i had so much trash on it
And a week ago or something i started: https://f95zone.to/threads/some-modeling-agency-v0-9-3a-t-valle.84955/ this game and had no hairs on the women... so i thought it was a game problem but...
Today i started VAM and i got the same issue...

Screenshot (10).png
Now i was trying update my Radeon RX 580 and was hoping it solve my problems but it just dont...
I dont have any problems with Games on other engines
So please tell me you know where the problem is?!
Ty!

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Is there like an easy installer / manager for stuff for this? You have like .var, . vac, .xcf, .png etc.. so many different things that seem to go in different places?
I only use .vars, never heard about the others. Everything goes to AddonPackages folder. You can create subfolders there. There is also this app to manager your .vars:

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
i have a problem guys
2 weeks ago i resett my computer because i had so much trash on it
And a week ago or something i started: https://f95zone.to/threads/some-modeling-agency-v0-9-3a-t-valle.84955/ this game and had no hairs on the women... so i thought it was a game problem but...
Today i started VAM and i got the same issue...

View attachment 2186679
Now i was trying update my Radeon RX 580 and was hoping it solve my problems but it just dont...
I dont have any problems with Games on other engines
So please tell me you know where the problem is?!
Ty!
Did you update video drivers and visual c redistributables?

Reactions: S4lty0n3

Bob_Oblong

Nov 28, 2020
i have a problem guys
It's probably missing a .var appearance setting from another file. But seeing thats the stock model dunno unless its trying to reference hair you dont have anymore.. which makes no sense as they would be bald.

With that thin whispey hair, edit your model to the pink menu and select hair, hair style, customize ... then look under physics. The two options that give that look are the top two options (Curve Density & Hair Multiplier). It looks like that if the values are 0.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
It's probably missing a .var appearance setting from another file. But seeing thats the stock model dunno unless its trying to reference hair you dont have anymore.. which makes no sense as they would be bald.

With that thin whispey hair, edit your model to the pink menu and select hair, hair style, customize ... then look under physics. The two options that give that look are the top two options (Curve Density & Hair Multiplier). It looks like that if the values are 0.
He said he has problems with another Unity game aswell. So I think the problem is with his PC, not the game.

S4lty0n3

Apr 9, 2018
i fixed it!
i had to turn tessellation modus (should be the same in english) to Amd optimized now it works on every Unity Game again
Ty for your help anyways!!

Reactions: mixmox82

ub3rmaan

Dec 13, 2020
No easy installer, but this faq can help-

This reddit guide is out of date but does show how to organize the saves/scenes folder and older .vac content:

Bobbos

Jun 27, 2017
I've just noticed that Nvidia finally made Physx 5 open source and as I remember the meshedvr guys looked at Physx 4 to use as their physics system but dropped it because it was missing stuff they needed.
Any news if they are going to look into Physx 5?
Are they even aware that it is now open source?

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
I've just noticed that Nvidia finally made Physx 5 open source and as I remember the meshedvr guys looked at Physx 4 to use as their physics system but dropped it because it was missing stuff they needed.
Any news if they are going to look into Physx 5?
Are they even aware that it is now open source?
It looks like they already use physx
meshedvr11/08/2022 12:27 PM
A lot of physics weirdness is due to Physx weirdness. I'll have more control on 2.X because skin physics is being custom written and is not using Physx at all except for pushback on the rig. I'm also considering ditching Physx altogether because it has other issues like instability of joints. But to move away from Physx completely will be quite a bit more work.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes