4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
Have you guys seen this? (AI chatbot)

It is interesting to have interacting talking model, but until it plugs into a system, that also control face emotions and gestures and what-not, it is still an experimental stage, where it is not ready for use... It also seems a little bit reluctant to participate at the moment... ;)

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
It is interesting to have interacting talking model, but until it plugs into a system, that also control face emotions and gestures and what-not, it is still an experimental stage, where it is not ready for use... It also seems a little bit reluctant to participate at the moment... ;)
Actually it looks farther away in the future than I thought. First, the language models are full of censoring, so it would need a local one, like alpaca. Another thing it will need is proper hardware. I don't think we can host a good AI with current gaming oriented PC parts. Alpaca and GPT4All aren't that good.

Yes, it also needs all those stuff mentioned by you. But if it can understand our inputs, implementing those features shouldn't be an issue. Just train the model to answer with non voiced scripts aswell

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
Use the asset request subforum for requests. If Mods decide to lock this thread because ppl cannot be bothered to read, then you will be hated by all others on this board. OK?

Sanguyn

May 16, 2018
So kinda new to this "game", I tried a few times but I really don't get how the grab feature is supposed to work.

Like if I want to give a handjob to some nice futa, in possession mode with Index controllers, how do I do it without :
1. The dick always getting out of my hand because I am not really grabbing it
2. Clicking the trigger button and suddenly grabbing it too much, basically bending it instead of sliding over it
3. Clicking the grip button which simply ends the hand possession
?

Tried to play with different bindings but nothing works and I feel like I am missing something obvious.

Also bonus question why is the POV view in a lot of scene (or all of them? ) not correctly centered, it is basically centered on one eye instead of somewhere in the middle ?

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
So kinda new to this "game", I tried a few times but I really don't get how the grab feature is supposed to work.

Like if I want to give a handjob to some nice futa, in possession mode with Index controllers, how do I do it without :
1. The dick always getting out of my hand because I am not really grabbing it
2. Clicking the trigger button and suddenly grabbing it too much, basically bending it instead of sliding over it
3. Clicking the grip button which simply ends the hand possession
?

Tried to play with different bindings but nothing works and I feel like I am missing something obvious.

Also bonus question why is the POV view in a lot of scene (or all of them? ) not correctly centered, it is basically centered on one eye instead of somewhere in the middle ?
1. I don't know if there is a plugin or option to attach your hand to dicks (or anywhere). But I don't think there is. Most animations are based on the Timeline plugin, which uses forward kinematics. To attach a hand to a dick you would need inverse kinematics. So I think there is an incompatibility.
2. You can reduce the sensivity or use ALVR which has finger tracking
3. The grip button acts like a toggle. Press once and it holds, press again to release

Burnera3163

Dec 28, 2022
So I deleted and then recreated my account for security reasons. Someone had asked me for my set of morphs, and I want to know if anyone still wants them.

Sanguyn

May 16, 2018
1. I don't know if there is a plugin or option to attach your hand to dicks (or anywhere). But I don't think there is. Most animations are based on the Timeline plugin, which uses forward kinematics. To attach a hand to a dick you would need inverse kinematics. So I think there is an incompatibility.
2. You can reduce the sensivity or use ALVR which has finger tracking
3. The grip button acts like a toggle. Press once and it holds, press again to release
I am not really interested into animation, I want to be the one doing things. In the scenes I am talking about there weren't any animations (or they were optional) except for your partner, it was mostly UI buttons to set up things, like placing characters or going easily into POV mode/possession. So pure kinematics (I think ? Not an animator.)

What I would imagine is to have something like a magnet I guess ? Some margin of tolerance. If you are in grab mode near something, you are not releasing it unless going far from it.
Or have a soft/hard grab system with 2 different buttons. The trigger button is basically the hard grab, what the game already use to move arms and the like.
And the soft grab to grabs things while still being able to slide over them, or caress them, or whatever. Basically touching with some constraints.

I also did try to change the ingame finger settings, or just touching (not pressing) the A/B/Trigger buttons since it slightly change your finger positions, but I didn't get the impression it changed anything in the physics department.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
I am not really interested into animation, I want to be the one doing things. In the scenes I am talking about there weren't any animations (or they were optional) except for your partner, it was mostly UI buttons to set up things, like placing characters or going easily into POV mode/possession. So pure kinematics (I think ? Not an animator.)

What I would imagine is to have something like a magnet I guess ? Some margin of tolerance. If you are in grab mode near something, you are not releasing it unless going far from it.
Or have a soft/hard grab system with 2 different buttons. The trigger button is basically the hard grab, what the game already use to move arms and the like.
And the soft grab to grabs things while still being able to slide over them, or caress them, or whatever. Basically touching with some constraints.

I also did try to change the ingame finger settings, or just touching (not pressing) the A/B/Trigger buttons since it slightly change your finger positions, but I didn't get the impression it changed anything in the physics department.
If you are using VR hands and not a person, then you need to enable VR hand collision.

If you are possessing or embodying a person, you can try to use autothruster or divining rod plugin. They have a setting to make the dick target a specific bodypart. You can set it to follow the hand of the actor you are controlling.

Either way, try doing it in play mode instead of edit mode. In edit mode you may accidentally select stuff instead of grabbing them.

Reactions: Sanguyn

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Hi. some creator names/scene names, with best embody/pov stuff and with good girl facial expresions for like best vr experience? :)

JenjenXX

Apr 13, 2023
Very much appreciate this website and all the content.

I'm new to this, not so much interested in editing and tweaking so much, and I'm already confused on how this works and all the guides online seem to be for people creating scenes.

Can someone point me to some tutorials to play the game not edit so much.

Or is there a list fundamentals I should get to get off on a good start, like a basic scene, essential plugins and looks

holli79

Apr 14, 2023
Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon this website in search for new content for VAM and decided to register and it's also fairly active from what I've seen so far.

Currently was in search for Haruka from Tobi19 anywhere but couldn't find it till now, though the link is dead. Is it possible to re-upload it again? Thanks in advance!

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Can someone point me to some tutorials to play the game not edit so much.
Virt-a-Mate (or just VaM) is not a game. It's a sandbox environment to create (and share) custom scenes, looks, animations and stuff, mainly for VR, but it runs on your Desktop as well. That's why most tutorials you'll find out there are about how to do exactly this: create scenes, looks and animations.

But even if you don't want to create scenes by yourself, you'll need to watch/read some basic tutorials on how to use VaM, how to download and play shared scenes, how to use custom looks and such. Because the UI is not that intuitive, and VaM has a pretty steep learning curve for new users. But once you've understood the main concepts of it, you'll be able to enjoy tons of content shared among the community.

I'd say: keep watching/reading those tutorials and make yourself familiar on how to navigate within VaM. Without that, VaM just won't work, because -- again -- it's not a game you can just start, hit play and enjoy.

Reactions: mixmox82

Burnera3163

Dec 28, 2022
Its just a bunch of random morphs and demos of them. Should I post it on this thread for people to figure out if they want em?

Sanguyn

May 16, 2018
If you are using VR hands and not a person, then you need to enable VR hand collision.

If you are possessing or embodying a person, you can try to use autothruster or divining rod plugin. They have a setting to make the dick target a specific bodypart. You can set it to follow the hand of the actor you are controlling.

Either way, try doing it in play mode instead of edit mode. In edit mode you may accidentally select stuff instead of grabbing them.
So tried this divining rod plugin and it is actually a lot better. Still not perfect even with some fine tuning but almost, so thank you for the suggestion !
Should be a built-in feature imo.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Hi. some creator names/scene names, with best embody/pov stuff and with good girl facial expresions for like best vr experience? :)
Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon this website in search for new content for VAM and decided to register and it's also fairly active from what I've seen so far.

Currently was in search for Haruka from Tobi19 anywhere but couldn't find it till now, though the link is dead. Is it possible to re-upload it again? Thanks in advance!
VamX is something you should try: https://f95zone.to/threads/vamx-c-g...oved-custom-scene-controls-v1-29-vamx.113638/
I haven't tried it yet. But it claims to add looks, scenes, and many other controls

If you want to customize your experience, I can recommend some plugins

Session plugins I consider must have:
- GivemeFPS: Set the hair multiplier and hair curve to a reasonable number. 15~20 looks good for me. Above 20 just tanks your FPS and many authors love to set the hair to 40 to look good on screenshots. You can also increase hair width a little bit to offset the reduced hair multiplier.
- Sceneninja: Automatically load your favorite look and plugin presets on scene load. It just saves so many clicks if you want to change those things.
- UIAssist: Hard to setup. Create buttons for easier access to most used funcions. I can share my preset, see if you can make it work (put it in this folder: C:\Games\VaM 1.19 Clean\Saves\PluginData\JayJayWon\UIAssist)

I can also recommend some person plugins:
- Divining Rod or AutoGensThruster/AutoThruster: Automatically align penis to holes/automatic piston
- Alive: Automatic facial expressions and some idle movement so girls won't look like robots
- Embody: a plugin for 1st person view. Works great with VR

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes