HTML vnAdult - devlog - public build 2019.03.09

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
What's an sfml? I am not too familiar with the subject

if it helps, I am working on my own project, just drawing a display for some sensors. A week ago finally I got a basic user interface test going, but the code I was using wasn't as flexible/powerful/simple/dynamic enough as I wanted it to be in order to move on to the next step. It's taken 5 days to basically reinvent a basic C# language and psuedo unity engine but in java, and tonight I finally got the program to open up a window without crashing. boring bug hunt is stressful, but it always pays off. I think about 20% energy goes into making the code, 20% getting it to work and 60% to polish it up for any project, twine or no twine.

Reactions: Max Craving

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
It's multimedia lib for c++.

The twine slowdown, lack of layers and color nodes is starting to be a pain in the butt.
Are you actually considering switching engine? And does that mean twine is not really suitable for too big projects?

vnAdult

Dec 11, 2018
Are you actually considering switching engine? And does that mean twine is not really suitable for too big projects?
I'm only using Twine as an editor. I like the quick [[label here]] branching function. If I want special php functions I can write the php code right there in twine.

The game is two parts. Game.php and Play.php. Game.php is the engine and Play.php is autogenerated from Twine code.

Reactions: Winterfire

vnAdult

Dec 11, 2018
Update:

Still alive. Lack of time so spent it on coding and not reporting. Been playing around with future patreon functions and a couple of bigger story arcs.

vnAdult

Dec 11, 2018
Update:

Weekend :coffee:. Coding time and a new public release. The release is mostly code, but you might find some unfinished story.

vnAdult

Dec 11, 2018
Update:

Productive day. Up to build 2639 on my machine. Lots of fun refactoring, but still spaghetti.

vnAdult

Dec 11, 2018
Update:

Another great start. Lots of php and even commenting code. Start working on the css after lunch.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
how do you tend to code?
I tend to have two modes of coding.
I had an idea last night but didn't code it, so I stayed up unable to sleep as I think of the code, simulating it and building it up in my head, so the next morning when I code, It is as much and as fast as possible, sloppy, no comments, and it takes a long while to debug and get working as well as having to make some significant changes as I work and try to get it functional.
Second, I think and code at the same time, in which case I tend to add comments as I go, explaining why I am adding or removing things, to explain the thought process as I go along in making the code.

You have to work with css? I have been looking into vector animations, and css comes up a lot in my seaches. I hadn't had time to look into it much more than that.

vnAdult

Dec 11, 2018
how do you tend to code?
I tend to have two modes of coding.
I had an idea last night but didn't code it, so I stayed up unable to sleep as I think of the code, simulating it and building it up in my head, so the next morning when I code, It is as much and as fast as possible, sloppy, no comments, and it takes a long while to debug and get working as well as having to make some significant changes as I work and try to get it functional.
Second, I think and code at the same time, in which case I tend to add comments as I go, explaining why I am adding or removing things, to explain the thought process as I go along in making the code.

You have to work with css? I have been looking into vector animations, and css comes up a lot in my seaches. I hadn't had time to look into it much more than that.
I'm not good at writing code so I write it with passion. Then if the project goes on I refactor and clean it as long as it is fun.

Php, html and css goes hand in hand.

vnAdult

Dec 11, 2018
Update:

Research into old games and their code. Fun times in the SCI engine.

Looked at this weeks stats and almost 600 story interactions. (y):)

More story content coming soon.

seasons

Aug 9, 2017
Hey, tried giving it a go, but when I went into the bathroom first time in your apartment I got stuck! Only had the options to look in the cabinet, shower or flush the toilet. Also janet never stopped being in the hallway searching for her keys despite me already handing them over.

vnAdult

Dec 11, 2018
Hey, tried giving it a go, but when I went into the bathroom first time in your apartment I got stuck! Only had the options to look in the cabinet, shower or flush the toilet. Also janet never stopped being in the hallway searching for her keys despite me already handing them over.
Thanks for the input.

I probably messed up the last update. Will try to fix it in this weekend-update.