3.80 star(s) 18 Votes

ptd2512

Jan 18, 2018
tested it , it run fine on htc vive , game still crunky , but overall promising , rearrange the interract buttons should be better , graphic is so so , maybe add option to freely move model's interacting points around would be nice , there is option for "free" arms legs and soon , but it still can't be done withought it bounce back to preview location . and better tracking would be better also , everything now seem like unsettled baloon which will bounce everytime u touch them abit harder/faster than normal , but still overall very promising , 4/5

stekegkin

Oct 27, 2017
I went into the building called "Truck Store" owned by "Trucker Bob" knowing its for Trucks, for a small hope of them selling sports cars and mustangs as I liked the advertisements. Sadly it doesn't...

Anyway, hope this becomes something worth playing in time and doesn't just fade out from mediocrity.

Dorksul

Nov 20, 2019
What would be the cheapest VR that can run this? I was looking to buy one for some time. I need one that can run the games decently but is also cheaper than others.

BBB1234

Dec 27, 2017
What would be the cheapest VR that can run this? I was looking to buy one for some time. I need one that can run the games decently but is also cheaper than others.
Used older headsets such as the HTC Vive or original Oculus Rift (CV1) are on eBay for about $150-300 depending on condition and accessories. The only issues with those are lower resolution, more complicated tracking, and they don't sell replacement parts anymore so if a cable or something breaks you're going to have to pay inflated prices on the used market for a replacement. There are other headsets out there, but those are the big 2.

I don't have any experience with the Window Mixed Reality headsets but they tend to be on the lower end in price and quality. There is a wide range of headsets and some are better than others. They are hard to recommend because for around the same price you could just buy a better used headset as mentioned above. The HP Reverb G2 ($599) that just launched is supposed to be really good though.

Now if you want to buy something new you are going to get better features, but obvious at a higher price. As I just said the Reverb G2 ($599) is a solid option but on the pricier side. The Oculus Rift S ($299) is also a good headset, but I wouldn't buy it because of the next headset I'm about to mention. The Oculus Quest 2 ($299 for the 64GB or $399 for the 256GB model) is what I have and my personal recommendation as it can do everything the Rift S can but better, and can do wireless PC VR if you have a WiFi 6 capable router. It can also run as a standalone (No PC) headset but that is just for Oculus Store games. If you use a USB Type-C cable you can play any PC games with a wired connection, and while Oculus sells their fancy fiber optic cable ($79) you just buy a regular 5m cable on Amazon (~$20). One last thing about Oculus headsets in general, Facebook owns Oculus so a Facebook account is required for their new headsets, and will be required on the older ones too in a few years. If that makes you uncomfortable then maybe look elsewhere.

Lastly, do your own research. This is just a broad overview to help you get started. If you are serious about getting into VR then get ready because it is really fun (and for more than just beating your meat). Also, make sure your PC is up to spec. I think most games recommend around a GTX 1070 to run smoothly at high settings.

moon0685

Aug 27, 2019
Bit hard to control/switch mode at times my torso was linked to my arm and at others it wouldn't with little ability to easily switch. I feel like if I had body tracking it would help but barring that the ability to quickly switch control modes and use one controller as waist tracking would be helpful.

Playing on a vive so if there is a key combo or menu prompt I missed cable of making this more playable I would greatly appreciate it

nossiob

Jul 28, 2017
tbh, a used vive is still a VERY solid option, because you can still buy replacement stuff from 3rd party companies for not inflated prices. i just bought a new cable for mine this month for only 50$ on amazon

if you thinking of getting a vr headset, make sure that your pc is capable doing so

dont think to be able to play smoothly VR with a 1050 or a 960 maybeeven a 970, you need something strong.
yes those mentioned above can run vr, but at a price of performance and trust me, you want a smooth vr performance or you will ruin it for yourself

when i started vr i had a rx 580 and it was decent enough, tho i still had some performance issues in some games that were visually stunning, but anything 1060 / 580 or above is minimum if you ask me

ddong4979

Dec 27, 2019
is this game use daz genesis 3 model ? unlike vam?(vam uses genesis 2 model)

also, if this game support multi core, it would be very promising.
vam does not support multi core :(

Slayerz

Aug 2, 2017
Used older headsets such as the HTC Vive or original Oculus Rift (CV1) are on eBay for about $150-300 depending on condition and accessories. The only issues with those are lower resolution, more complicated tracking, and they don't sell replacement parts anymore so if a cable or something breaks you're going to have to pay inflated prices on the used market for a replacement. There are other headsets out there, but those are the big 2.

I don't have any experience with the Window Mixed Reality headsets but they tend to be on the lower end in price and quality. There is a wide range of headsets and some are better than others. They are hard to recommend because for around the same price you could just buy a better used headset as mentioned above. The HP Reverb G2 ($599) that just launched is supposed to be really good though.

Now if you want to buy something new you are going to get better features, but obvious at a higher price. As I just said the Reverb G2 ($599) is a solid option but on the pricier side. The Oculus Rift S ($299) is also a good headset, but I wouldn't buy it because of the next headset I'm about to mention. The Oculus Quest 2 ($299 for the 64GB or $399 for the 256GB model) is what I have and my personal recommendation as it can do everything the Rift S can but better, and can do wireless PC VR if you have a WiFi 6 capable router. It can also run as a standalone (No PC) headset but that is just for Oculus Store games. If you use a USB Type-C cable you can play any PC games with a wired connection, and while Oculus sells their fancy fiber optic cable ($79) you just buy a regular 5m cable on Amazon (~$20). One last thing about Oculus headsets in general, Facebook owns Oculus so a Facebook account is required for their new headsets, and will be required on the older ones too in a few years. If that makes you uncomfortable then maybe look elsewhere.

Lastly, do your own research. This is just a broad overview to help you get started. If you are serious about getting into VR then get ready because it is really fun (and for more than just beating your meat). Also, make sure your PC is up to spec. I think most games recommend around a GTX 1070 to run smoothly at high settings.
Thanks for the great summary for people without a VR headset yet! There are so many new headsets today and new ones coming up.

If you haven't heard, you should check out the new Valve Headset that is being worked on. It'll be using Brain-computer Interface, which you can manipulate virtual objects/stats just by your thoughts. With that technology, you could potentially modify your own personality. Scary but awesome future.

Reactions: rKnight

specter256

Mar 28, 2021
Great game, but frustrating to play/control. My character is is a permanent 'squatting' motion no matter how low/high i am to the ground. so what ends up happening is my squatting legs is colliding with the female model and causing all sorts of issues.

Very promising game though. Graphics and customization seem great so far. The voice work is great as well. Didn't get to test the voice commands yet because it says mic not yet supported (Quest2).

Reactions: Nazrat155
3.80 star(s) 18 Votes