3.80 star(s) 18 Votes

pota pota

Oct 29, 2017
Vam is high-key ass, its just the UGC that saves it and even then the tech is embarrassing to still be selling in 2024. VR hot is marginally better for controls and out of the box player capabilities. Both games are very rough performance wise with mid range hardware but unlike VAM which is bottlenecked by asset loading. This game does scale well with high end hw
at least. The cloth physics need adjustment to take advantage of them better but it does run notably better than equivalent settings in VAM

The biggest issues with this game imo are the lack of feedback/responsiveness using the wrist menu and the appearance of the characters. The stock genesis preset characters you can morph between are hideous. With enough work it is possible to make an attractive character but without a good UGC system most people will never experience that and the creation process is slow. Vam has the same issue but you never really have to see the default characters
VaM is only 8$ max and is a sandbox so the learning Curve is surely high...the biggest problem is that is made with a 2018 unity version (but vam2 with genesis 8 figures is in the making)..
Honestly as i said, the only thing that VRHOT has better than VAM is the ease of use for the normal player that needs a quick fap...for the rest...there is just no story (and you can't create anything new for VR hot since is a closed system)...
I just try again VR HOT every time a new version comes out but it always disappoints me, maybe because i see a wasted potential...lets see how goes...

zealous94

Jul 23, 2018
VaM is only 8$ max and is a sandbox so the learning Curve is surely high...the biggest problem is that is made with a 2018 unity version (but vam2 with genesis 8 figures is in the making)..
Honestly as i said, the only thing that VRHOT has better than VAM is the ease of use for the normal player that needs a quick fap...for the rest...there is just no story (and you can't create anything new for VR hot since is a closed system)...
I just try again VR HOT every time a new version comes out but it always disappoints me, maybe because i see a wasted potential...lets see how goes...
wouldnt say the potential is wasted, game is far better than it was 1 year ago and even more so 2 years ago, everything is getting better, sure it doesnt have a story and etc, but the customization is top notch, sure the game as a whole can have more things and act better in general, but thats further ahead in the future since its hardware limited at the moment, so yeah I just dont think its wasted potential - its still early access beta I give it 6-12 months to be properly released as a finished game and maybe 6-12months after that to get to be really really good and reach that potential we are all seeing ^^

pota pota

Oct 29, 2017
wouldnt say the potential is wasted, game is far better than it was 1 year ago and even more so 2 years ago, everything is getting better, sure it doesnt have a story and etc, but the customization is top notch, sure the game as a whole can have more things and act better in general, but thats further ahead in the future since its hardware limited at the moment, so yeah I just dont think its wasted potential - its still early access beta I give it 6-12 months to be properly released as a finished game and maybe 6-12months after that to get to be really really good and reach that potential we are all seeing ^^
Good to know,
I'm going to try latest version then, just to see the progress they did last year :)

dsouthcr

Feb 17, 2024
Anyone know where I can get the Quest 2 VR Hot 0.60 or newer game? I found 0.5.3 but can't find the fixed version.

Mattman1228

Mar 16, 2023
I agree with you with all of the above. Just didn't get my point across as I was writing from within Meta Quest 3 :)

I think there's a missed opportunity here, because the dev process is not focused the way it could be.
The product has great potential, the product is great, the market is there and they're willing to pay.

One big problem is 3 platforms: PC, PCVR, Standalone. Why cater to all 3 when standalone will cover all?
- The game in itself VR passthrough by nature.
- Standalone is a groving market
- MQ3 (with colour passthrough) is a better fit, has a more mature audience than before and they are willing to pay.

About user generated content: Sorry butt 99% of hottie-cards are utter s***te! Can I do better? You bet! (maybe I'll do an update).

By user generated content, I'm thinking: skins, makeup, clothes, tattoo/liquid layer, and (attachable) props.
There can even be a separate market for this.

Last I'd like to say to the devs: The eyes in the last version is absolutely beautiful!
Limitations of an android processor. Look how stripped down the standalone version is. It's because it the quest can't do what a PC can. The quest is cool. It's great that it can be standalone or hooked up to a PC. But its standalone isnt even close to midrange PC levels yet.

hoborg

Jul 8, 2017
Because some games dont really work both ways.
Same reason all games arent VR also.

arcticmine

Jun 9, 2017
VR HOT 0.9.10 Beta
Full game:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Update only from 0.9.9 Release:

All files have been split into parts. With WinRAR you can just open the first .7z.001 and it will let you extract the whole thing as long as you have downloaded rest of the parts. (Google Drive files have shortcuts you can still download as usual)

Tattoomale42

Feb 15, 2022
Maybe VR hot and Some Modeling Agency must melt together then they can add their game as on lol the desktop version

heybeterino

Aug 28, 2017
VR HOT 0.9.10 Beta
Full game:
Google Drive
MEGA
Update only from 0.9.9 Release:
Google Drive
MEGA

All files have been split into parts. With WinRAR you can just open the first .7z.001 and it will let you extract the whole thing as long as you have downloaded rest of the parts. (Google Drive files have shortcuts you can still download as usual)
files arent working, it says they are "002" and "003" type of files, and the first file seems to be corrupted

hoborg

Jul 8, 2017
files arent working, it says they are "002" and "003" type of files, and the first file seems to be corrupted
I just downloaded the files from the full Google drive link.
All downloaded and extracted fine.
Game ran fine.
Did you download the 001 file and extract with 7zip?

heybeterino

Aug 28, 2017
I just downloaded the files from the full Google drive link.
All downloaded and extracted fine.
Game ran fine.
Did you download the 001 file and extract with 7zip?
I downloaded each file and both 7zip and WinRAR said 001 was corrupted while the other two were "002" and "003" files, i guess due to the fact that at the end of the name it says ".002/3". If it could all be compressed into one single file it might work better, either on drive or Mega

Mar 22, 2024
I downloaded each file and both 7zip and WinRAR said 001 was corrupted while the other two were "002" and "003" files, i guess due to the fact that at the end of the name it says ".002/3". If it could all be compressed into one single file it might work better, either on drive or Mega
I just downloaded and it works for me when I select "process all files in all volumes from the current" just before extracting. I downloaded from MEGA (as Google Drive reached the download limit).

3.80 star(s) 18 Votes