Unreal Engine VR Project Slim [v2023-05-12] [Meakrob]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Hayduke

Nov 20, 2020
the Micro expressions and the "life" put into this character are amazing. This is why Meakrob had a cult following in the VR world. It's closer to being in a room with a live person than anything else. I wish there were some progress but that said, there is still a kernel of genius in this. my recommendation is to abandon this and use VAM to build this... With your eye and touch for giving life to models combined with a MUCH more mature game engine, You could do great things

blewdster

Sep 17, 2019
Meakrob has a new build up on itch.io. It is very good imo. Obviously it needs alot more work but as far as the facial animations and the way animations blend together, it's great. If it had more sounds in it I would be super happy. The facial animations look like shes saying something but I hear no sounds. Otherwise this is great I hope he gets the resources to continue working on it and stay motivated.

Reactions: oahuebydao

oahuebydao

Aug 4, 2017
this tech is extremely, extremely cool. finally a dev that understands the value of procedural animation in a genre which is all about characters emoting and moving in relation to each other. i hope they get the time to refactor their code because not having parameterised performance-critical variables like LODs / model poly counts, shader qualities etc is a bit concerning. that animation tech is super valuable and is completely orthogonal to graphical fidelity!

fantastic art design on the characters, too

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
Honestly, if this requires an GTX1070 or upwards because of the VRAM of 8GB, this is very VERY poorly programmed. Even games like RE2 Remake look better on middle to high settings than this and don't require as much. What a joke...
Why prioritize optimization when you can make a monetizable prototype? And why prioritize at all if people will keep paying for it anyway?

carbon420

Jan 3, 2020
Honestly, if this requires an GTX1070 or upwards because of the VRAM of 8GB, this is very VERY poorly programmed. Even games like RE2 Remake look better on middle to high settings than this and don't require as much. What a joke...
Jokes aside...Is your VR game more optimized at V2?...so many entitled children on here.

• Angry
Reactions: orrayt3x

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Just from the screenshots, the model is light-years ahead of ugly, lifeless Das3d bullshit or the assembly-line anime dead-stare honeyselect models. I'm sure it'll be a long wait before this is anything close to playable though.

Honestly, I think it could be more interesting to scrap VR altogether (small userbase) and create an alternative to Das and Honeyselect with this that other creators can use.

Reactions: oahuebydao

Elbo

Mar 20, 2018
So how do you actually change the hair and clothes and everything like in the screenshots? All I can do in the tab menu is change the colours of things or turn off a couple of clothes settings.

Striff

Jul 2, 2020
It's hard to get exited about this when Virt-a-Mate is a thing.
I'm a heavy VAM user, but it s always good to have other projects around, like the new naughtysandbox using ue5 on a good way to be a cool little alternative (vr will be added later too...)

Reactions: Fullaz68

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
So how do you actually change the hair and clothes and everything like in the screenshots? All I can do in the tab menu is change the colours of things or turn off a couple of clothes settings.
The screenshots are from demo 1.
We're on demo 2 right now, and he dropped the extra UI elements.
It's just a test build.

Reactions: Elbo

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
It's hard to get exited about this when Virt-a-Mate is a thing.
in VAM requires a lot of setup and technical knowledge to make a decent scene that looks anywhere close to this one in terms of lighting, textures, animation, customization and control.
This game offers that right off the bat with no user setup aside from customization.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
VAM is vastly different tech as well though. Arguably way more powerful than anything else in this genre, despite being in an outdated version of Unity. But as stated, requires some insight to use correctly. Not to mention creating decent animations.

I think Meakrob still has a long way to go, if we're going to draw comparisons to Meshed. But on it's own, this game is incredibly unique. Mostly due to the female models he uses, they're one of a kind and you won't see them anywhere else.

SukebeDude

Jul 27, 2017
I'm a heavy VAM user, but it s always good to have other projects around, like the new naughtysandbox using ue5 on a good way to be a cool little alternative (vr will be added later too...)
Sure, but let's just say i was way more excited about this dude's work before i came across VaM, been keeping an eye on him for years, granted he was missing for most of that time.
in VAM requires a lot of setup and technical knowledge to make a decent scene that looks anywhere close to this one in terms of lighting, textures, animation, customization and control.
This game offers that right off the bat with no user setup aside from customization.
Yes, it takes a lot of effort to make stuff from scratch, however, you have thousands of free scenes to choose from (and even more characters) that you can load up not knowing anything about VaM, granted most of them doesn't come even close to this in terms of animation quality.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 4 Votes