Mod Ren'Py Waifu Academy - Lain's Walkthrough & Improvements Mod [v0.9.4a] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
How do I put the mod in on android?
You don't.
1) Unless you are doing the game via JoiPlay then you can't and the mod would have to be baked in to the Android port
2) The mod is outdated and I've taken over Lain's mod, link in both my sig and the game's OP.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
you don't..

But i can assure you, you do not need a walk-through for this game there is no branching paths nor "missable" content or anything there is only one path only
From having updated the mod I can tell you that there are several choices that can lead to Game Overs, so having the WT can help.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
From having updated the mod I can tell you that there are several choices that can lead to Game Overs, so having the WT can help.
thats all the choices are tho "fake choices" you click one and leads to game over. rollback and click other options instead so the "Choices" are "fake" or choices for "routes" that eren't actually in the game, you will know this the moment you click a "wrong" choice its literally impossible to play this beside the linear path the game wants you to because the "choices" lead nowhere besides insta gameover or all options leading to the same scene

the mod is great but not for the wt part but for everything else it has. My opinion of the walkthrough part will greatly change if the dev ever adds the other routes or if karma ever becomes functional as in used or tracked (which is another thing that is good about the mod it removed all mention of the "karma system" since its pointless anyways. not sure if your version does that to or not..), but i'm not holding my breath on that one LOL

Anyways my OP was just to assure the other poster they won't actually miss anything playing without a walkthrough (i know alot of people won't even give a game a try if it doesn't have a walkthrough) so mostly just putting their mind at ease since they can't use a walkthough their FOMO won't trigger because theres nothing to miss

EDIT: don't get me wrong thats not me trying to say the mod in pointless in any means and it is appreciated that you do keep it updated

Last edited:

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
thats all the choices are tho "fake choices" you click one and leads to game over. rollback and click other options instead so the "Choices" are "fake" or choices for "routes" that eren't actually in the game, you will know this the moment you click a "wrong" choice its literally impossible to play this beside the linear path the game wants you to because the "choices" lead nowhere besides insta gameover or all options leading to the same scene
I admit it's been a little while but I was pretty sure that at least 2 of the Game Over choices were not obvious fake choices, but again it's been awhile and many game mods since and I don't have the time right now to go back and double check.

the mod is great but not for the wt part but for everything else it has. My opinion of the walkthrough part will greatly change if the dev ever adds the other routes or if karma ever becomes functional as in used or tracked (which is another thing that is good about the mod it removed all mention of the "karma system" since its pointless anyways. not sure if your version does that to or not..), but i'm not holding my breath on that one LOL
I'm just updating Lain's mod, including the Scene Gallery.

EDIT: don't get me wrong thats not me trying to say the mod in pointless in any means and it is appreciated that you do keep it updated
I have thick skin but if shit gets too crazy I just walk away since it's not worth my time.
It's all good.

Reactions: Graybo

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I admit it's been a little while but I was pretty sure that at least 2 of the Game Over choices were not obvious fake choices, but again it's been awhile and many game mods since and I don't have the time right now to go back and double check.
it's also been a while since i rummaged through the code so its quite possible there is one or 2 game overs that isn't as obvoius as the others. but as i said the mod is great even with fake choices now the fake choice or insta game over choice does save time. so i would still recommend anyone to use it (this/your mod) but for the people that can't because they're using their phone Lol don't need to skip this game if they have FOMO and won't play without a WT-mod they don't need to worry because you can't miss content unless you stay at the gameover screen and don't rollback Lol and there is no branching paths (yet) thats the only point im trying to get across

TLDR: if you can use the mod do it!, if you can't don't worry the game is pretty much straight forward you won't miss content

I'm just updating Lain's mod, including the Scene Gallery.
ya removing mentioning of the karma system/points was part of her mod so i wasn't sure if you were updating that part aswell Lol

I have thick skin but if shit gets too crazy I just walk away since it's not worth my time.
It's all good.
ya, I'm kinda the same way Lol

Reactions: Lord Ashram

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Waifu Academy [v0.9.9] [Irphaeus]

lain mod?
Lain is...being Lain. Somewhere. We assume. Anxiety or something. Been MIA without a word for over a year. And Lord Ashram has unfortunately just received a cancer diagnosis so he's "a little busy" dealing with that whole thing right now. Someone else may take these mods up, but as of right now they're on hold.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
There is like 3 other games to be updated, including Milfy City, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
not without manually editing the script file itself.
Ah ok good to know. It's not too big of a deal but it always seemed kind of silly to me all the pointless that pop up from time to time. Almost makes it feel like a kinetic novel in all but name, at least that's how I felt when I first played it around a year or two ago.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes