vandal.h

Oct 15, 2023
Why does this game have so many fake choices? Try to ignore the music in the step sister's room and you loop back until you have to go to her room. Ignore the tattooed girl who got you beat up but then later they say you reached an "agreement" in the park? It has some great story moments (like the heartbreaking flashback where MC is remembering how he wrote a letter to his mom promising to be good), but the game needs a lot of polish right now.

Owlearyn

Aug 11, 2019
Why does this game have so many fake choices? Try to ignore the music in the step sister's room and you loop back until you have to go to her room. Ignore the tattooed girl who got you beat up but then later they say you reached an "agreement" in the park? It has some great story moments (like the heartbreaking flashback where MC is remembering how he wrote a letter to his mom promising to be good), but the game needs a lot of polish right now.
Wait what? Since when did Irphaeus add the moment with MC writing a letter to Tomoe?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AwsHen

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
oh i thought those numbers worked as decimals
While I personally feel the same way (if for no other reason than, as a developer, I'd want my versions to sort out logically and trivially), it's certainly true that actual numbers do not have two decimal points. And, that the use of "." to indicate the decimal point can be cultural; in some places, I believe "," is used (with "." used to separate thousands, such that where we'd expect "1,000,000.00" others would expect "1.000.000,00")

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Guys, another question: the Dev has other games, here, or only Waifu Academy?
Usually, you can find links to other games in the OP (first post on the first page of this forum).

No other game is listed there. On the dev's Patreon page, he mentions a new game titled Waifu Hunter, that he was supposed to start last year, if not earlier. There is no solid evidence I'm aware of that he has started actual development, above and beyond the concepts and art mentioned there (it's not nothing, but it is minimal).

Reactions: T4t0rt

SlightlyBlind

Dec 25, 2017
While I personally feel the same way (if for no other reason than, as a developer, I'd want my versions to sort out logically and trivially)
As a developer, it is a logical sort, albeit not a mathematical one. It's called x.y.z versioning, with each symbol corresponding respectively to major releases, minor releases, and patches. As their names imply, major releases are reserved for a huge change in functionalities (a 1.0 usually being the first proper public release of a finished project), minor releases are for more modest implementations and modifications, while patches are mostly bug fixes. They're all numbers and incremented separately, and don't work like decimals. Hell it's not even that rare to also have letters for patches.
Most softwares have it or a similar form, it's just not front and center since it's not really a useful information for consumers. And I guess that's also why some games on this site use chapters and parts instead, it's probably less confusing for people not familiar with the convention.

... If I had a nickel for every time I explained x.y.z versioning in this thread, I'd have two nickels.

• Haha
Reactions: Anathaem
May 9, 2020
Uh, how do you earn money in this game? I feel like I've gone through half of it so far, with no access of importance to acquire money. I don't understand there being a map of the town to navigate through going to a store/ subway etc. if you can't even have money to use these things, so what's going on? Not implemented yet?

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Uh, how do you earn money in this game? I feel like I've gone through half of it so far, with no access of importance to acquire money. I don't understand there being a map of the town to navigate through going to a store/ subway etc. if you can't even have money to use these things, so what's going on? Not implemented yet?
Not implemented yet.

The game has quite a lot of loose ends and functions, since new content was added all the time and the addition of things like money and the karma system (until recently) were postponed.

It will probably be added some time in the future, so dont worry for it currently.

4.10 star(s) 266 Votes