Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
Has Irphaeus mentioned how close the next update will be to the completing the full story? Trying to gauge how many more years the whole project will take to finish.
We only know that the next update will be one day long and should be out in August. Or course, this time estimate should be taken with a pinch of salt... a salt evaporation pond is more appropriate I guess.

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
Personally I hope that this tag will help to decrease the number of players of these games. You know, some people here just to try them before paying. And maybe with this tag, they will concentrate their attention on some more hard-working developers. It won't help immediately but can change something in the future. It doesn't hurt to try.
Kinda agree, I myself don't start games I know have been abandoned on hold, sure if it looks good add it to watched list but no I dont get invested in it and punish myself to waiting for the not coming update. Starting a game, loving it and then left without nothing new is torture. Perhaps there ought to be (new feature) an update timeline, a simple bar on title page mentioning updates (and their numbers) chronologically, so viewers get an accurate and quick idea of how many updates, how frequently have been had, if it is a track record/ habit of delaying or a one time thing that delay happened etc etc.

Nixi~

Apr 25, 2018
Kinda agree, I myself don't start games I know have been abandoned on hold, sure if it looks good add it to watched list but no I dont get invested in it and punish myself to waiting for the not coming update. Starting a game, loving it and then left without nothing new is torture. Perhaps there ought to be (new feature) an update timeline, a simple bar on title page mentioning updates (and their numbers) chronologically, so viewers get an accurate and quick idea of how many updates, how frequently have been had, if it is a track record/ habit of delaying or a one time thing that delay happened etc etc.
Yeah, I do the same thing, except I was either high or sleep-deprived when I got into Waifu Academy hehe, but oh well I'm stuck with it now so I might as well see how this wild ride ends.

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
Yeah, I do the same thing, except I was either high or sleep-deprived when I got into Waifu Academy hehe, but oh well I'm stuck with it now so I might as well see how this wild ride ends.
On the contrary none of this shitshow had started when I started playing Waifu Academy, The save game folder for Waifu Academy on my hdd shows earliest dates as November 2018 , ah it was (still is) a fabulous game with great visuals, beautiful girls, all available for fucking, and no grind/ long wait for sex, add on top humerous dialogue. Shame what's happening.

Reactions: theultragaydude

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Thing is... there's absolutely nothing to discuss except how and why we don't have the update yet. As much I understand the mods position to keep this clean and follow the rules, this is the case where the bashing is deserved.

The other discussion we can have tho, is how the tags On-Hold or Abandoned are no longer sufficient to properly state the current handle of the game.

total

Jun 17, 2017
Personally, I don't think it is wrong for people to be mad about the delays and to want to moan about it, but I get that it isn't really on topic for the game thread as per site rules. Perhaps there ought to be a "Waifu Academy Release Delays" thread in a subforum somewhere (in off topic?) (and linked in OP / maybe even pinned at the top of the thread on every page). No excuses then, the complainers have somewhere specifically to vent and clear directions on what is appropriate to post here/there and how to get to the thread.

Richpry69

Aug 9, 2017
Well this thread is 100% about to be locked again. One thing I wanna know before it does is how talking about the updates for a game is consider off topic in a discussion about a game. I can understand removing shit and policing the thread when people get into philosophical debates about freedom of speech for some reason but what about that post a couple weeks back that showed the timeline of the delays. How is that off topic cause it seems like the only place thats considered off topic is this thread.

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
How the hell does this thread keep bringing out the worst in us. I want to enjoy pointless discussions about if the virgin tomboy or slutty yandere sister is best girl, if Elizabeths tits are considered Melons or Beach Balls or if the tsundere school bully should get more TLC than she is currently getting.
Speculate if Elizabeth will get her cherry popped in a crowded subway car or if MC seduces her a little more privately. If MC finally gets Takamura with or without the use of the aphrotisiac.

But here we go again, I can't not say something when I read shit like this:

There are such things as EULA and codes of conduct, house rules, basically.
Real world example: you are free to loudly praise the glory of Satan in public. If you do it in my living room, even if I gave you access for it, I will kick you out. If you misbehave, that is, break rules that you agreed to follow before entering, you will be denied some of the priviledges in this space. The act of logging into this forum is accepting the terms and conditions of this forum.
Membership in a forum, club, team or any such private space is a priviledge granted to you, not a enforceable right.

These rights to free expression do not exempt you from consequences. If you say something that is blatantly illegal, like encouraging violence, you will face legal consequences. There are reasonable limits on free speech, the declaration is an ideal to aspire to, not law.
On that topic, since you were nice enough to mention Article Ten of the European Convention:

2. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

But that does not fit you narrative, so it's fine to leave out, yes?

The same applies to these forums: Forum rules are the mini constitution of an online space, violate it and you face consequences. Either losing posting privileges or facing expulsion. Registration in a forum is an act of exchange: You are awarded priviledges that a guest does not have, in exchange you promise to obey a set of rules for the duration of your use of the forum. Violate rules -> lose privileges. Easy.

These warped, broad views on free speech and pointless discussions get to me.
You can always tell someone has never studied law by reading the really bad analogies they always make

Well this thread is 100% about to be locked again. One thing I wanna know before it does is how talking about the updates for a game is consider off topic in a discussion about a game. I can understand removing shit and policing the thread when people get into philosophical debates about freedom of speech for some reason but what about that post a couple weeks back that showed the timeline of the delays. How is that off topic cause it seems like the only place thats considered off topic is this thread.
I got some of my posts removed for OT. One of them just compiling the devlog. So yeah, they decided everything that makes the dev look bad = OT. If all the ToS had to be followed strictly, more than half of all the posts in this forum would be deleted due to OT, but you never see the mods playing gestapo with those OT posts ever.

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
If you cant have nice conversations in here, then dont be here. Who in the fuck cares that his dev is taking his sweet time. Are you paying him? Its a pirate site, its free. Take your whining asses else where.
Never expected a mod to be using the "it's a pirate site" card. And why is this thread getting locked and unlocked every 5 minutes? If you really don't want people to talk about the 2 week delays, just lock the thread and stick to it a couple of months until the next update rolls out, since it's a pirate site, it's free and nobody cares

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Never expected a mod to be using the "it's a pirate site" card. And why is this thread getting locked and unlocked every 5 minutes? If you really don't want people to talk about the 2 week delays, just lock the thread and stick to it a couple of months until the next update rolls out
Got told to keep it unlocked by an admin. So thread bans will be issued instead.

Reactions: Pmktrn17
4.10 star(s) 267 Votes