Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Walkthrough / Scene Gallery Mod (v0.9.8 Pt. ONE V2)

Since Lain is still MIA, I updated her mod to the game's latest version.
I also updated the colors for Good and Bad choices to work better on my monitor, this might help others who were having similar issues too.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Directions:
Extract in the same folder where WaifuAcademy.exe is located.

Link:

Last edited:

GreggoryLove

Aug 1, 2021
Walkthrough / Improvements Mod (v0.9.8 Pt. ONE)

I also updated the colors for Good and Bad choices to work better on my monitor, this might help others who were having similar issues too.

Directions:

Link:
Mega
You're amazing Lord Ashram! Thank you!

longxa762

Mar 24, 2017
The rework is just dumb and unnecessary, some characters looked like a whole different person now and no longer resemble their old look beside the hair color.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Wow, 7 months for this? Anyone still giving this scumbag money deserves to be fleeced until they are broke... What is it with all the blue-balling in the last update as well as this one? Even the one scene that didn't directly end in blue balls was cut short of its full potential for fucks sake.

We get ONE scene that isn't entirely ruined by interruption and this jackass thinks it is funny to promote his new game and make fun of his lack of commitment and progress of the current game and while showing complete disregard for his paying patrons? He is basically making fun of the people paying him money with that shitty ad he shows on the TV and openly mocks people that pay him. Even if I had Elon Musk levels of money I wouldn't give this guy a single cent for how lowly he thinks of his patrons and with such a detestable work ethic.

Also, what is with all these pointless pretend-choices? Most options result in the exact same outcome and don't do jack shit except make an already criminally short update even shorter by taking scenes that would progress the story away for pointless a/b/c choices that result in the same damn thing anyway.

And just to give a demonstration of just how utterly full of crap this guy is, this is an actual quote from Irphaeus himself from April 2019 (when he was still active on this forum) claiming that the first route of the game would be finished in the fall of 2019 .... and yet here we are 3 years later with no end in sight and 1 to 1 1/2 proper updates a year at best.

"The first route(high Karma) of Waifu Academy will be finished around this fall yes. then I will release a very early concept for Waifu Hunter to explain the project.
I'm only working on Waifu Hunter during some days at the begining of each month, gathering idea and creating concept for characters and map.
Waifu Academy with the 2 other(average Karma, low Karma) route will still require 3 or 4 update to be completely finished. " (link of the quoted post: https://f95zone.to/threads/waifu-academy-v0-9-8-pt-one-irphaeus.9414/post-1764976 )
someone missed the part about reworks :|

Fun fact, with rework stuff, you don't get additional content. but future content will be improved because of it.

Just look at the inn, it took that dev about a year (possibly longer) to fully rework their game, with no aditional content might I add. (although that was a complete ground up rework).

As for the full of crap thing... well amatuer devs are never good with their estimations XD and plans change (main reason why they are never good with their estimations).

Your whole comment falls flat because it ignores the existence of rework content. if additional content was the only thing done, then yeah fair enough... but well it wasn't sooo :|

RabbitHole69

Jun 11, 2019
I'm not sure what to say about Elizabeth's new design. She definitely looks cute but her old design was really good as well. I guess it is just too late to change character designs after we've come so far into the story.

WhamBeng

Dec 12, 2018
Alright, I've just finished playing the latest update. And damn, downloading the game took longer than the actual playtime/content.

But onto the game, these are the few important things I've noticed:

- First off, Elizabeth really lost her charm. At first, I thought to myself, that it may not be so bad. But once again, I was proven wrong, it is soooo disgustingly bad, she felt like a whole different character altogether! I mean she could've have been if the dev wanted that kind of design. Could have been reserved for her sister or her mom or her cousing, whatever, point is... There's no need to alter her appearance, no ones ever complained about her looks AFAIK. Also, she looks like Brooke but with silver hair.

- Next, the story. Too much occult shit to be considered seriously. Yes, the game has memes all over it, but adding fantasy stuff on top of the drugs bullshit we already had to advance the plot is just a cheap as fuck plot device.

- MC's character went sooooo downhill. It feels like he's a different character altogether. He was more alpha before despite being a natural dickweed. Now he's just a limp dickweed that relies on drugs to do anything. Where he previously planned his moves, and basically was a very calculating character, now he does not and instead just relies on drugs and how to get more of it.

- The other girls personality also felt really off. Like Tomoe, just a few good nudges and she's already willing to bang with her son. Yea, it could be the reason is that she's just a whore, but come on, it still felt really rushed, it didn't felt that there was any tension between them, the mc and his mom just went at it and that's that. There's also Elizabeth, who basically became just an exhibitionist whore, granted it could be the effect of the drugs. (Fuck that drugs!). Then there's the sweet and innocent Inori who fingered herself as she watched her mom and friend fuck with her crush. (Again, it could only be Cat's genes running through her veins *sigh*)

All in all, it really is rushed through and through. It's like there are major plot points that were skipped to pump out the already delayed (many many times) update.

ps. sorry for my English

MiHawkins

Jun 4, 2018
Your whole comment falls flat because it ignores the existence of rework content. if additional content was the only thing done, then yeah fair enough... but well it wasn't sooo :|
There is no reworked content, only additional content with different models that break continuity and immersion (regardless of liking the new model or not, which if you read the comments it's been highly disliked and I agree the new models are way worse than the old ones).

Codex07

Jul 21, 2019
Walkthrough / Improvements Mod (v0.9.8 Pt. ONE)

Directions:

Link:
Mega
Ma lord,your humble servant want to tell you that the newest scenes are not showing up in the gallery

w123t4

May 26, 2019
Is there any compare picture between the old model and the new one?
For Elizabeth I am sure the changing of hair style lose her character charm
For Tomoe I cannot find much changes, maybe she is thinner?
For Catherine, Inori, Helen and Rachel, don't see the different between the old and new one

Last edited:

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
someone missed the part about reworks :|

Fun fact, with rework stuff, you don't get additional content. but future content will be improved because of it.

Just look at the inn, it took that dev about a year (possibly longer) to fully rework their game, with no aditional content might I add. (although that was a complete ground up rework).

As for the full of crap thing... well amatuer devs are never good with their estimations XD and plans change (main reason why they are never good with their estimations).

Why do you act like you know shit? The so called "rework" is just replacing a honey select card for another. He didn't change the entire game, he stole a card used by The Inn game, and changed the color of her hair. None of the old scenes got "reworked", which means the "rework" didn't affect the development time at all

Reactions: Elias85

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
There is no reworked content, only additional content with different models that break continuity and immersion (regardless of liking the new model or not, which if you read the comments it's been highly disliked and I agree the new models are way worse than the old ones).
Uhhhh, that is the rework afaik :|

Also not saying they are good btw (haven't seen them yet).

But can take quite a long time just to make the model. (especially if you are actually properly making it). Even worse if you are a perfectionist :S

Why do you act like you know shit? The so called "rework" is just replacing a honey select card for another. He didn't change the entire game, he stole a card used by The Inn game, and changed the color of her hair. None of the old scenes got "reworked", which means the "rework" didn't affect the development time at all
Not acting like I know shit... just pointing out a flaw.

If there is an obvious flaw, or something ignored in an argument like that, it will be used to disregard the whole thing.

As for stealing I have no comment as well I haven't seen the reworked models.

Just point out that you should address it all in it's entirety when talking about an update, i.e. you should have included that bit about the reworked models being stolen etc.

Hence "whole comment falls flat." didn't mean to imply that your argument had no validity in of itself. Just that you need to address the whole update not just one part of it, and that you seemed to have exaggerated expectations for amateur devs.

Also, I did imply that it changed nothing of previous content with the "you don't get additional content. but future content..." Since I had suspected that only new scenes had used the reworked models.

Side note: any idea why they used new models? like did they lose their old library or something?

P.s. since I am a skeptic, I am gonna treat that stolen comment as hearsay. While they certainly would have used a card as a base (from someone else or default) that doesn't mean they didn't put effort into customizing it themselves.

Last edited:

DJ M E S S

Feb 25, 2019
Is there any compare picture between the old model and the new one?
For Elizabeth I am sure the changing of hair style lose it's character charm
For Tomoe I cannot find much changes, maybe she is thinner?
For Catherine, Inori, Helen and Rachel, don't see the different between the old and new one
I totally agree with you
I think the dev will rework characters more sexy , different hairstyle or something else

okapaa

Aug 25, 2019
Uhhhh, that is the rework afaik :|

Also not saying they are good btw (haven't seen them yet).

But can take quite a long time just to make the model. (especially if you are actually properly making it). Even worse if you are a perfectionist :S

Not acting like I know shit... just pointing out a flaw.

If there is an obvious flaw, or something ignored in an argument like that, it will be used to disregard the whole thing.

As for stealing I have no comment as well I haven't seen the reworked models.

Just point out that you should address it all in it's entirety when talking about an update, i.e. you should have included that bit about the reworked models being stolen etc.

Hence "whole comment falls flat." didn't mean to imply that your argument had no validity in of itself. Just that you need to address the whole update not just one part of it, and that you seemed to have exaggerated expectations for amateur devs.

Also, I did imply that it changed nothing of previous content with the "you don't get additional content. but future content..." Since I had suspected that only new scenes had used the reworked models.

Side note: any idea why they used new models? like did they lose their old library or something?

P.s. since I am a skeptic, I am gonna treat that stolen comment as hearsay. While they certainly would have used a card as a base (from someone else or default) that doesn't mean they didn't put effort into customizing it themselves.
You should've tried playing the update before commenting or defending the dev. And if you played Honey Select and studioNeo, you would know how easy it is to download a card and do some minor tweaks or clothing change. This dev has a history of straight up copying cards and scenarios and Liz just looks like she came out of The Inn

DJ M E S S

Feb 25, 2019
hd image mod? What's that? Never heard of that one ^^

As for the walkthrough, it's meaningless (As far as I know, the only choice that have an "impact" on the story, is that if you chose to use the potion on the teacher near the end of the content, it lock you from a choice with yoko). And at the start of the game, you also have a lot of choice leading directly to a bad end, but you just need to save at each choice to be sure.
If you go to the old walkthrough mod thread of Lain , you will see HD image mod for download , but i don't sure it will worked with the new version 0.9.8a

4.10 star(s) 264 Votes