Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
Yep. You know you've failed when even the cheat room is a grind.
Surely by definition you know you've failed in any game when you use a cheat room
Isn't that the point of cheat rooms ?
(whether or not the cheat room itself is grindy - and that might be quite deliberate on behalf of the developer)

FireSwordHero

Jul 13, 2017
anyone know how to fix the slow framerate? Ive got a pretty good gaming computer, but for some reason a single rpg game tanks my framerate

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
anyone know how to fix the slow framerate? Ive got a pretty good gaming computer, but for some reason a single rpg game tanks my framerate
Because there doesn't seem to be any others on this thread with a framerate issue I'm guessing it's probably associated with graphics card vs processor set up
https://f95zone.to/search/125776451/?q=slow+framerate&o=relevance
The link has a list of 50+ posts across the F95 site where slow framerate issues are discussed - one might be useful

May 26, 2019
Surely by definition you know you've failed in any game when you use a cheat room
There was a time when I would have 100% agreed with this statement.
And that time was before I played this game - Warlock and Boobs.

Honestly, the grind required to progress through this game is so ridiculously absurd that I cannot blame people for using cheats rooms, cheat engines, and save editors to get through it all.

If you love this game in all its grindy glory then more power to you.
But understand that most of us do not have the free time needed to, as jhustrue aptly put it, talk to a single character once per day 30 times before receiving the most modest of h-scenes.

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020

Honestly, the grind required to progress through this game is so ridiculously absurd that I cannot blame people for using cheats rooms, cheat engines, and save editors to get through it all.

But understand that most of us do not have the free time needed to, as jhustrue aptly put it, talk to a single character once per day 30 times before receiving the most modest of h-scenes.
I do love the game (my favourite on this site)
... but I accept fully that it does have a significant element of grind ...
... and quite a lot of rather obscure hints on how to progress quests ...
... and quite a lot of day of the week or time of day based criteria checks for when events can occur ...

However I've been stuck at home for over a year with next to bugger all to do
(made redundant before lockdown - nothing doing during lockdown - I've even taken up Tai Chi on Zoom)
So for me it's been a wonderful time filler (Boobgames please don't nerf it)

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
I do love the game (my favourite on this site)
... but I accept fully that it does have a significant element of grind ...
... and quite a lot of rather obscure hints on how to progress quests ...
... and quite a lot of day of the week or time of day based criteria checks for when events can occur ...

However I've been stuck at home for over a year with next to bugger all to do
(made redundant before lockdown - nothing doing during lockdown - I've even taken up Tai Chi on Zoom)
So for me it's been a wonderful time filler (Boobgames please don't nerf it)
Yikes

Facilus

Futa/Femboy/T-Girl/Cunny Lover
Donor
Nov 2, 2020
Dunno if was already posted here but here it is the next illustration that won the last poll that we'll got for the next update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It'll be an new defeat scene, and won't affect the facefuck scene that already is the defeat scene, dunno how this gonna work tho.

carlos190

Nov 10, 2018
It would be great to see a blowjob scene with Astra and Krowly in future updates, like the Eric-Astra's one

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Dunno if was already posted here but here it is the next illustration that won the last poll that we'll got for the next update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It'll be an new defeat scene, and won't affect the facefuck scene that already is the defeat scene, dunno how this gonna work tho.
I'm thinking the Futa Elf masseur in the spa.

Reactions: Facilus

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
My observation is that these games with small budgets (if any at all), a few developers, often have very promising games with very little balance. It's not like they have the 100k-1M budget for a professional QA team. So, it's up to you. This is entertainment after all, and if modifying a save file makes your play more enjoyable, go for it.

O

Reactions: polishhammer83

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020

I thought you were GrindMasterCory... oh, wait; my mistake. Lol
Seriously, there is too much grind and far too little vaginal sex to keep me happy.

May 26, 2019
I thought you were GrindMasterCory... oh, wait; my mistake. Lol
Seriously, there is too much grind and far too little vaginal sex to keep me happy.
Funny thing is, I actually do enjoy playing games with a good grind.

Some of my favorite games on this site are A Struggle With Sin and Peasant's Quest.

Both require a good amount of grinding in order to progress through their stories.

But at least with those games, there is a more reasonable balance between grind and content that makes going through their grinds ultimately worth it.

And with all due respect to the creator and players of Warlock and Boobs, I just don't feel this game has got that balance.

PussyWillow21

Jan 8, 2020

Some of my favorite games on this site are A Struggle With Sin and Peasant's Quest.

Both require a good amount of grinding in order to progress through their stories.

But at least with those games, there is a more reasonable balance between grind and content that makes going through their grinds ultimately worth it.

And with all due respect to the creator and players of Warlock and Boobs, I just don't feel this game has got that balance.
I was actually thinking about this while playing the other day. I got through a lot of content, like 10+ quests done and lvl 6, but all my "professions" are still at lvl one. Honestly, the fact that I can't craft multiple potions or dinners an action makes them less useful to me. But I do feel like I'm being held back by not having the alchemy at a higher lvl. Too much hard grind and not enough steady grind. And this is coming from a guy who's played RPGs his whole life.

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020

You are already aware that I am answering this from the point of view of someone who is massively prejudiced but ...
Quite a lot of the grind is progressive
By which I mean after doing a certain interaction 5 or 10 times the MC can move onto another interaction which increases the relationship values faster (it is usually the relationship values that are the major issues in accessing new scenarios)
So the interaction grind can be reduced ...
... by spending a lot of time trying lots of different interactions :whistle:

ronan333

Jan 23, 2020

I agree completely; those are also two of my favorite games where you have to work for the content.
My current favorite game is Bawdy Traditions... not much grind at all but great content.

Reactions: TheGrandMasterCory
May 26, 2019
You are already aware that I am answering this from the point of view of someone who is massively prejudiced but ...
Quite a lot of the grind is progressive
By which I mean after doing a certain interaction 5 or 10 times the MC can move onto another interaction which increases the relationship values faster (it is usually the relationship values that are the major issues in accessing new scenarios)
So the interaction grind can be reduced ...
... by spending a lot of time trying lots of different interactions :whistle:
I get it and understand your position.

But the thing is, the problem isn't just the relationship grind.

The problem is half-a-dozen or more various grinds that coincide with the relationship grind:
  1. The grind for combat level
  2. The grind for profession levels
  3. The grind for getting ingredients for the alchemy and cooking recipes
  4. The grind for making potions and dinners
  5. The grind for acquiring gold and wealth
  6. And so on and so on
And note that the relationship grind and some other grinds mentioned in the list are not just "one" grind.

There are multiple relationship grinds and multiple profession grinds and multiple alchemy and cooking ingredients that all have to be grinded for.

I'm happy this all works for you. But for the average player, it reaches a point where the game isn't fun anymore without the use of some third party cheating software.

And my personal rule of thumb is this: If I have to use a cheat engine or save editor or third-party cheating tool of any kind in order to make playing your game fun for me, then there is probably something wrong with your game.

I mean for example, no matter how much you love this game, you have to admit that it's a bit ridiculous that fighting and defeating random mobs gives you absolutely NO experience.

You have to admit that this game design choice does nothing to really improve the gameplay experience for the player.
All it does is just add to the already pretty overwhelming grind.

3.60 star(s) 171 Votes