Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I wonder if this is the same dev of MIST (which was just completed a few months ago). or perhaps another dev using the same models.
The characters look very similar, with a few minor tweaks (eye color, hair thickness, eyebrows)

It not using Daz, but some other engine that is rarely used in AVNs. Not sure which one (the Sims?).

Compare this:
Mist:
https://f95zone.to/threads/mist-v1-0-3-395games.42509/#lg=post-2799977&slide=3

to this:

Warlord:
https://f95zone.to/threads/warlord-v0-6-1-deepglugs.132455/#lg=attachment2082864&slide=0

rance4747

May 25, 2018
I'm not the dev, but my curiosity is stronger, so...

What are you talking about?
The dev decided to bend over backwards and remove any mentions of rape of the hero's mother, and what can be deduced by proxy - any chance of hero actually being worthy of the game title and doing it to the women of those that are responsible what happened to his mom as well.
Pretty stupid considerding that originally, and I quote - "his powers are fueld by chaos and lust" meaning that initially it was going to be a dual choice system. With no rape/enslavement the chaos part will probably be reduced to hero just outright killing all the female opponents.

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
I wonder if this is the same dev of MIST (which was just completed a few months ago). or perhaps another dev using the same models.
The characters look very similar.
Definitely not the same dev, and a quite dissimilar workflow, but I guess it's possible they're using the same models.
I've read that deepglugs (this game, among others) uses blender in addition to AI generation, so I suppose it's easy to lump together games with this unusual style among the crowd of Illusion and Daz 3DCGs.

rance4747 I get what you're saying, but what "woke" people have to do with this?! It's the "only I fuck my mommy, dirty dev, keep your paws from her" crowd that pushed for the change.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I've read that deepglugs (this game, among others) uses blender in addition to AI generation, so I suppose it's easy to lump together games with this unusual style among the crowd of Illusion and Daz 3DCGs.
I got it. That explains why the renders look so similar in style, and completely different that most games.
Thanks.

rance4747

May 25, 2018
I get what you're saying, but what "woke" people have to do with this?! It's the "only I fuck my mommy, dirty dev, keep your paws from her" crowd that pushed for the change.
Mentioning them is kinda /pol/ topic already but there is a set of people that ALWAYS come and whine about certain tags with words like "oh no, if it wasnt for X I would have tried it", and sadly, darker fetishes arent as protected by the mods, as, lets say, identity tags.

deepglugs

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2018
The change to Melony's death does not necessarily exclude rape/enslavement content from the game. That said, if you are expecting the MC to get rapey, I'm not sure that's a direction I want to take him.

Reactions: rance4747

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020
The problem wasn't the "Darker Fetish" but that the dev said that the fetish wouldn't be there, then proceeded to add it anyways. It's sort of like saying "I'll never punch you in the face!" then proceeding to punch them in the face with a glove on, and saying it was the glove that punched you, not me.

Reactions: mofonistik

rance4747

May 25, 2018
The change to Melony's death does not necessarily exclude rape/enslavement content from the game. That said, if you are expecting the MC to get rapey, I'm not sure that's a direction I want to take him.
Oh, thanks for the warning.
Its just that with titles like "Warlord" along with hero having a raging hate boner and "lust and chaos" duality, and the original scene taking place, it kinda made it look like it was hardly implied. Sorry for the confusion then.

Last edited:

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Mentioning them is kinda /pol/ topic already but there is a set of people that ALWAYS come and whine about certain tags with words like "oh no, if it wasnt for X I would have tried it", and sadly, darker fetishes arent as protected by the mods, as, lets say, identity tags.
I trust your word about what happens on the darker games, as I don't poke my nose there, but in this case, the fact that triggered the outrage wasn't that a rape existed, but rather that its victim was the MC's own mother. People were very explicit about what they found unacceptable.
And since the rape was already in the first release, the issue couldn't have been about the dev's promises. What happened is that when he removed the rape, he didn't do a very throughout job at sweeping all the dialogue, and since a dev is everyone's bitch a second wave of outrage erupted.
It's worth mentioning that those that lobbied for the change were the usual "they must be all mine" crowd that I see commenting on all the games, I don't know how much they overlap with the ones you're speaking about.

Personally, I don't really care either way. Sure, the angsty scene of the MC holding his mother's abused and beaten corpse (with details about how slowly and painfully she died) wasn't funny, nor was it supposed to be, but we're used to see worse in mainstream media.

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
Two lines from Thel_t throw undefined exceptions, and so does the "to be continued" jumpmaker
Nice update otherwise.

Reactions: deepglugs

sabadongelov

Aug 21, 2018
The dev decided to bend over backwards and remove any mentions of rape of the hero's mother, and what can be deduced by proxy - any chance of hero actually being worthy of the game title and doing it to the women of those that are responsible what happened to his mom as well.
Pretty stupid considerding that originally, and I quote - "his powers are fueld by chaos and lust" meaning that initially it was going to be a dual choice system. With no rape/enslavement the chaos part will probably be reduced to hero just outright killing all the female opponents.
Yeah, this very thing has already taken place in the last update, meaning the MC
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yeah, and those are the same people who cry about not getting to take mommys virginity, because daddy took it before them... It's not the woke-crowd. Annoying as those people can be in their own right, I don't think they amass any greater numbers on sites like this and quite frankly, I don't think they have the level of egocentric stupid required to go ballistic over things like this (on second thought, I might now of one such person though... :unsure:).

Hehe, you keep being vague even when giving a straight up answer ("not sure"). That said, now I think the message is loud and clear despite that. Too bad, I think it would have worked perfectly to combine lust and chaos and as pointed out by rance, it would have been very thematic. Ah well, a boy can dream. :geek:

Two language things from the last update:

1. "Modify" sounds very modern and technology-centric in my ears. For a more antique/medieval and magical sounding word I'd go with "imbue with power" or something similar.

2. The female form of master is mistress.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I trust your word about what happens on the darker games, as I don't poke my nose there, but in this case, the fact that triggered the outrage wasn't that a rape existed, but rather that its victim was the MC's own mother. People were very explicit about what they found unacceptable.
And since the rape was already in the first release, the issue couldn't have been about the dev's promises. What happened is that when he removed the rape, he didn't do a very throughout job at sweeping all the dialogue, and since a dev is everyone's bitch a second wave of outrage erupted.
It's worth mentioning that those that lobbied for the change were the usual "they must be all mine" crowd that I see commenting on all the games, I don't know how much they overlap with the ones you're speaking about.
I think that rape also had something to do with it, as I've seen people active in this thread trying to get rape thrown out from games in other threads (and succeeding, sadly). So yeah, the phenomenon rance is talking about is real and it's annoying as fuck, as games where the MC can choose sexually dark paths beyond the evil shit that every other vanilla title has (harem/cheating, violence and peeping for instance) are very rare.

Personally, I don't really care either way. Sure, the angsty scene of the MC holding his mother's abused and beaten corpse (with details about how slowly and painfully she died) wasn't funny, nor was it supposed to be, but we're used to see worse in mainstream media.
Yeah, that sounds awfully much like the dectractors wanted "trigger warnings" and "a safe space", though I'm sure they would never word it in that way themselves, strong alpha males that they are, the lot of them... :LOL:

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 18 Votes