Warning All unity creators

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
's all good. I've not seen a history of you shitposting. Easily honest mistake. As for myself...

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

I feel better now.
to try to restore my honor i had to look up what i thought i remembered and i did remember correctly the line about the retroactive stuff:
"Unity's new fees will be applied retroactively to all games already on the market that cross its revenue and install thresholds,"

but i misinterpreted the meaning, kinda badly phrased imo. earlier in the article, it is made clear that the fees are only for installs after jan 1 2024

i'm not completely senile, yet :HideThePain:

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
Also let's not forget who this person is who implemented this policy change.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just as if he knew this change won't go well.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hollowedzs

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019

I forgot another one... :oops:

icevsfire

Feb 10, 2018
This shit clearly will be either a start or end of something good and bad all together. I wonder what caused them to initiate such drastic changes? Greed? Deff not, something else behind the curtains, i'm certain of it.
It's definitely greed behind these decisions.

Screenshot_20230912_222638_X.jpg

icevsfire

Feb 10, 2018
Let's say you are right on this one, but what about the plans that they force you with theyr subscriptions? Aren't those bringing any profit to them?
The head ceo was probably wasn't getting a profit that they were happy with so decided to change. They just didn't think how much of a dumb ass move it was to do it.

Plus, I also saw with the new subscriptions you now have to pay to remove the splash screen, which hurts a lot of people trying to look professional without it.

20230912_224416.png

• Wow
Reactions: Glorified_ignorance

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
The head ceo was probably wasn't getting a profit that they were happy with so decided to change. They just didn't think how much of a dumb ass move it was to do it.

Plus, I also saw with the new subscriptions you now have to pay to remove the splash screen, which hurts a lot of people trying to look professional without it.

View attachment 2925663
I hope this whole thing is bad aprils fools joke and temporary. Cuz man...

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Ugh, two of my favorite games are made with Unity (Robin Morningwood and Lust for adventure), one of them have to be uninstalled-installed everytime an update comes, I wonder if this will impact them.

Oh, and I revoke my decision of learning Unity in the future. Godot/Unreal, here I go!

Heh, the day that twine/sugarcube starts being paid, I will be so fucked lol. But I'm going to join their patreon sometime in the next year, they deserve it.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
This is quite the shocking news about Unity. Most games I play are Unity coded.

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019

This makes perfect since I mean he is in fact the former EA CEO so greedy practices that hurt devs and end users is normal.