HTML Abandoned Waste Management Consultant [v0.01] [Sgt. Pepper]

Who's your favourite girl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sgt. Pepper

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2018
AI cg games are usually instant ignores for me but a few things made me hesitate with this one.
Namely this:

Though it is still icky and I'll probably avoid the game until that transition happens.
And this:

It gives me hope that you'll at least attempt the power fantasy that CD is, at least with cheats. That game is a power fantasy in a way that no other HTML ever manages to be because it doesn't make the MC super respected and feared from the beginning. On the contrary, it makes the MC a nobody that no one takes seriously until they're his victims, and that's why it works so well. You can compare it to any other "mafia" or "rich guy" game that comes out here, and I've played a bunch: everyone knows the MC, he can get anything easily and every single woman falls for him after a short conversation about the weather. It doesn't work, it's boring. A power fantasy is much more fun when the MC has the power but no one respects or even knows him.
That said...

Pregnancy, maledom and a corruption/mean path. Those are musts.
Godspeed, Dev!

Cheers, big fella.

That is the idea I have in mind, we haven't gotten far enough to get where I want to be for an idea like that, but let's just say everything is not what it seems.

Thanks for the ideas!

Reactions: CoffeeSaint
Jul 4, 2021
With regard to tags i wanna see in line with college daze is probably harem, corruption and slave stuff, but my biggest recommendation is for the UI. The text is too wide currently, at least on a computer screen. potentially move the images to the right and leave the text in a column in the middle. its much easier to scan read text with less width, think off how word processors like Word and Docs display it

Reactions: Sgt. Pepper

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019
Just a tip for the Dev, when you click on the option to take to new scene, it is not back to the top.

Sgt. Pepper

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2018
Just a tip for the Dev, when you click on the option to take to new scene, it is not back to the top.
Honestly mate, if I knew how to fix it, I would. I've been struggling to fix it. I'll keep trying in between writing new content.

Reactions: Devilrv

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
My eyes got tired really fast trying to read the gray text on black background. When you got a lot of text, you want to have a proper contrast between the text and its background. I'd guess your screen is fairly bright if you can read easily #777 text on black. I keep my display at 15/100 to have black as black and not to have whites blow out. I'd need to change colors (normal text towards the color of links, so links would have to break out of the grayscale) in order to really read all that text using a browser extension/addon to edit css styles.

I also noticed that the next page didn't go automatically up. I'd suggest you to ask another Sugarcube dev how to make your game do that.

I liked you had font size options in settings but I'd make the medium text size to be the default style and it should be 1em so browser's default font size would be used automatically. Smaller/bigger sizes would be percentages from it (1.2em would be same as 120%) instead of defining font-size in pixels... 16 px is very small in a 32-inch 4k screen but a lot taller in a 32-inch 1080p screen.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
Love the game so far. It was thrilling & captivating. It was nicely detailed & easy to follow & get immersed in the story. The grey color text on black background is an eye sore though as it's difficult to read & would be better with while color text on a black background or black color text on white background (or even the option to switch between the two in the settings).

Also was the character Natalie inspired by Gal Gadot? Because she looks nearly identical to her both in facial features & in body type, size, measurements, ect.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next update. Keep up the good work!

Sgt. Pepper

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2018
My eyes got tired really fast trying to read the gray text on black background. When you got a lot of text, you want to have a proper contrast between the text and its background. I'd guess your screen is fairly bright if you can read easily #777 text on black. I keep my display at 15/100 to have black as black and not to have whites blow out. I'd need to change colors (normal text towards the color of links, so links would have to break out of the grayscale) in order to really read all that text using a browser extension/addon to edit css styles.
I've fixed the font colour, I think it would play into the shadowy world of the whole mafia thing, but accessibility should have been at the forefront of my mind as well. I've remedied it for the upcoming update, which won't be for another week or so as I continue to write.

I liked you had font size options in settings but I'd make the medium text size to be the default style and it should be 1em so browser's default font size would be used automatically. Smaller/bigger sizes would be percentages from it (1.2em would be same as 120%) instead of defining font-size in pixels... 16 px is very small in a 32-inch 4k screen but a lot taller in a 32-inch 1080p screen.

Fixed. I hope.

Sgt. Pepper

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2018
Love the game so far. It was thrilling & captivating. It was nicely detailed & easy to follow & get immersed in the story. The grey color text on black background is an eye sore though as it's difficult to read & would be better with while color text on a black background or black color text on white background (or even the option to switch between the two in the settings).
Thank you for the kind words, truly. Keeps me motivated. I have fixed the font to still fit into the aesthetic but also be more accessible.

Also was the character Natalie inspired by Gal Gadot? Because she looks nearly identical to her both in facial features & in body type, size, measurements, ect.
:oops:

I'm eagerly awaiting the next update. Keep up the good work!
<3

Reactions: bearclaw01234

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
shadowy world
Maybe add a subtle background image (or more for different kinds of scenes) using dark grayscale tones to bring out the world for the passage text.

Notes:
  • I would split the starting scene into two parts: first to set the name (both variables have 2 extra double quotes in the end of the value) and rest to really start with the story because dad's lastname seems to use player's lastname variable but dad's lastname doesn't change as I'm changing player's lastname. Maybe use the name setting page to give a short introduction into MC's past, tell about his age and hobbies, what he is like, etc. Introduce his family and past relationships. Maybe let the player shape his character boy choosing between attributes. Make him relatable from the start. Just spitting ideas... :)
  • I noticed some paragraphs missing starting quotes. For example in the first scene:
    • In my childhood, my father was not just a parent to me. He also served as my teacher, my mentor, and my role model. He instilled in me all of the knowledge I possess," I said ...
  • Your chosen font, Playfair Display, compared to my default serif font in my browser, Noto Serif, seems to have letters more tightly packed together. It's also lighter in the body of the font. Those two qualities make me want to use Noto Serif.
  • Last night I tinkered with colors. Because I'm a fan of yellow-on-black terminal/console coloring, I used #a48f3b as the passage text color. But now I used Firefox's dev tools to bring down bright text to #a49b77. This way links can stay silver.
These are growing pains but I wish you well. Don't try to please everybody by dumping kinks and features into your story. Make the story the way you want to and keep it as small/large as you can manage forking storylines. Only expand if it serves the story. Just my two cents.

Reactions: bearclaw01234

Sgt. Pepper

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2018
Maybe add a subtle background image (or more for different kinds of scenes) using dark grayscale tones to bring out the world for the passage text.

Notes:
  • I would split the starting scene into two parts: first to set the name (both variables have 2 extra double quotes in the end of the value) and rest to really start with the story because dad's lastname seems to use player's lastname variable but dad's lastname doesn't change as I'm changing player's lastname. Maybe use the name setting page to give a short introduction into MC's past, tell about his age and hobbies, what he is like, etc. Introduce his family and past relationships. Maybe let the player shape his character boy choosing between attributes. Make him relatable from the start. Just spitting ideas... :)
  • I noticed some paragraphs missing starting quotes. For example in the first scene:
    • In my childhood, my father was not just a parent to me. He also served as my teacher, my mentor, and my role model. He instilled in me all of the knowledge I possess," I said ...
  • Your chosen font, Playfair Display, compared to my default serif font in my browser, Noto Serif, seems to have letters more tightly packed together. It's also lighter in the body of the font. Those two qualities make me want to use Noto Serif.
  • Last night I tinkered with colors. Because I'm a fan of yellow-on-black terminal/console coloring, I used #a48f3b as the passage text color. But now I used Firefox's dev tools to bring down bright text to #a49b77. This way links can stay silver.
These are growing pains but I wish you well. Don't try to please everybody by dumping kinks and features into your story. Make the story the way you want to and keep it as small/large as you can manage forking storylines. Only expand if it serves the story. Just my two cents.
Amended, and there are some plans for that stuff, but I want to flesh out a core, before I go in to add stylistic changes.

Thanks for the list of fixes, and noticed bugs, I will be going through that and looking at what I can fix!

Thank you for your kind words, I am definitely not going to be shaping story around kinks, will definitely be certain things for certain people, as long as it makes sense in world. As for how big or small it can go, well that's up to how tired my fingers get.

MotorcycleU

Jun 14, 2017
I am currently stuck on the page where mom enters your room after choose option B. Does it end there? Also how get scenes with Katherine? Ty.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Game when going to new page does not start at the top of the page and instead is mid to bottom.

The text to click should be a bit more colored than just a bit brighter white than the grey of the rest.

The increase in font size doesn't alter the menu UI.

Save menu seems too large.

There needs to be more visual break-up of all the text. One dark grey paragraph after another with nothing to give relief from monotony, even just a color coded line-break between them.

(some typos)
"I stnad with my son,"

With AI I expected way more images.

kirkuloid

Sep 13, 2017
Honestly mate, if I knew how to fix it, I would. I've been struggling to fix it. I'll keep trying in between writing new content.
Code:
<<script>>
var passages = document.getElementById("passages");
passages.scrollTop = 0;
<</script>>
Put that at the start of every passage. Seemed to work when I tested it. I'm not sure if it's every loaded at :: Passage Header, but tweego doesn't decompile to seperate .js and .css files, so who knows. I'm sure there's a better way, but I'm pretty much a noob coder. Fun little puzzle to help me learn more though :-D

Reactions: JacksDissapointment

Sgt. Pepper

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2018
For those of you who care, if you're still around, I am rewriting the game completely on the same premise. I will release bits on Discord so that I can get feedback instantly before I release it on F95.