luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
There's something bothering me:
For Current public Version: 0.12.3: (Patron version is 0.13.1 btw)

That's scenes in total, not scenes added in this version, right?
So unless you compare it to previous change log, you won't know how many was added this version.
And even if you do compare. You still don't know what's new. That's kinda useless change log
Patreon being a whole version ahead is annoying af. A timed exclusive? Sure. But ALWAYS a full version ahead? There's another small game that does that. I stopped playing that one, too.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Patreon being a whole version ahead is annoying af. A timed exclusive? Sure. But ALWAYS a full version ahead? There's another small game that does that. I stopped playing that one, too.
3 versions ahead...patreon has 0.13, 0.13.1, 0.13.2.
Also itch.io have the 0.12.4 that is more new than this one, but is just one single bugfix.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
3 versions ahead...patreon has 0.13, 0.13.1, 0.13.2.
Also itch.io have the 0.12.4 that is more new than this one, but is just one single bugfix.
I'm not sure what you are complaining about. A 1 - 4 weeks timed exclusive between paid and free version is very normal and acceptable, As long as there's no content lock / pay-wall - which tons of games do, but not this one.

It's also normal we don't get the leaked "timed exclusive".

Last edited:
Reactions: Triv and askqer

alrius

Aug 16, 2017
tfarchive has this game at 13.2 and thats the current free version as of the time im posting this

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
And if the naming is consistent, only the number after the 1st decimal point stands for version, after the 2nd is bug fixes.
So 0.13.xx is just one version ahead of 0.12.4
You are wrong, v0.12.2 *The main story continued.*, v0.11.3 *The main story continued.*, v0.11.0 *The main story continued.*
In most of games, yeah, in this one this don't mean that just the 1st decimal point stands for version, v0.11 have 2 story updates not just bugfixes.

I'm not sure what you are complaining about. A 1 - 4 weeks timed exclusive between paid and free version is very normal and acceptable, As long as there's no content lock / pay-wall - which tons of games do, but not this one.
It's also normal we don't get the leaked "timed exclusive".
Yeah, but the guy is new, and i will not discuss what he should do or not, but in my opinion, was better if he have some other stuff for people that help him, for example voting for new content and not doing this way.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Yeah, but the guy is new, and i will not discuss what he should do or not, but in my opinion, was better if he have some other stuff for people that help him, for example voting for new content and not doing this way.
How can you be so entitled? The dev is developing the game for free, what's wrong to give privileges - early access - to his financial supporters, which totally don't hinder others enjoyment?
It's not like you "NEED" to play the latest version to SURVIVE.

Not to mention Voting for contents is a worse way, as that means the dev don't have a clear direction, his will just be selling his labours, like commission arts. The game will either become in-consistent, or being drag out that never finish.

And mind you, lot's of games do both EA and Voting, they are not mutual exclusive.
Also mind you, 1-4 weeks delay is totally endurable (not so much for 3-4 tho). There're some games only put out public version every 6 month or worse.

Last edited:

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
How can you be so entitled? The dev is developing the game for free, what's wrong to give privileges - early access - to his financial supporters, which totally don't hinder others enjoyment?
It's not like you "NEED" to play the latest version to SURVIVE.

Not to mention Voting for contents is a worse way, as that means the dev don't have a clear direction, his will just be selling his labours, like commission arts. The game will either become in-consistent, or being drag out that never finish.

And mind you, lot's of games do both EA and Voting, they are not mutual exclusive.
Also mind you, 1-4 weeks delay is totally endurable (not so much for 3-4 tho). There're some games only put out public version every 6 month or worse.
I'm entitled? I just say that i don't believe that the way that he is doing is any good, you have your way of thinking and believe that your way is right, you are the entitled one that cannot see other options than the one that you believe is right. I never said that is bad that he keep delaying, there is a lot of devs that delay a little for patreons, not builds. Yeah, this is his surviving, but in my OPINION is a dumb way to do, but in the end, is his game, and if he believe that this way is the best for him, who in the hell am i to say otherwise. You just need to learn to understand other people perspective and see that there is always other options, not because the one that you believe is right, is.

Reactions: Dwemer and luwinkle
May 31, 2019
Personally, I only have an issue with separate builds (one ver ahead on a payment platform), if there's a bug or some issue on the previous/free version that the dev knows about but won't fix because it's already fixed on the version released to their patrons.

I know that it's a bitch and a half to bugfix essentially 2 different versions of the game, especially when you technically already fixed the issue on the version released to the paid crowd, but it's kind of insulting to your audience to go "yeah I know about the issue and have it fixed, but you'll just have to wait a month for the next version to roll around". It's especially ridiculous when it's a game-breaking bug that the dev pretty much refuses to fix.
Having offset builds is a real pain that just doesn't seem worth it if I were a dev. Just offer other incentives, or make your game good enough to warrant people funding it.

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
I don't mind patreons getting a release sooner or whatever, but someone mentioned above there's currently a *four* version difference between patreon and what's on here.

And there's another game (that I won't name cuz mods get pissy) that doesn't release a 'free' version *at all* until he has a new version for patreon-only. And then THAT version stays patreon-only until he has another version. Etc. etc.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
Not sure if this has been asked but how does one increase stats? Is there "leveling up" in the game or is it only through clothes?

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Just what the hell is the public version now anyway? tfgamesite has a link to itch for 0.14.2 and that's all that they list. Their OP says that the patreon only is at 0.15. We are three versions back here now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: syslink
May 6, 2019
Just what the hell is the public version now anyway? tfgamesite has a link to itch for 0.14.2 and that's all that they list. Their OP says that the patreon only is at 0.15. We are three versions back here now.
You could share the 14.2 just to keep it up to date. But I get bored of some updates and just stop adding to it. If it's like LD or V&G where is only a dollar to get an update like why not? others there asking $3 to $5 dollars for okay content. It just depends on my mood tbh.

3.50 star(s) 24 Votes