VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Watching My Wife [v0.6.1] [Illegible Mink]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Apostate-Nephilimov

+ It's NOT AVOIDABLE NTR.
    + We have separate pathes cuckold/sharing (interesting, nice way to go with humiliation and love separately)
    + I like how wife getting affected by Rachel, like those man's who are staring at her openly, are just about innocent work-joke or something like that, nothing aggresive or rude, just friendly.
    + The idea of showing the day from husband POV, and then from Wife POV is good!
    + Like that's dialogues between Husband and Wife are matters, good-written.

For an early update (0.1.1) it's definitely nice game!
    I really hope you won't force any lewd action too fast, but will making wife and man around her doing that slowly step by step...as with touching the same with words, and of course she will acting somehow with her husband about that, or even talking.

My thanks to the dev.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Retrofire

v0.1.1 Reviewed

I'm glad I waited one update before reviewing. Since the kink focus is out of my wheelhouse, I'll comment on the effort overall.

First, I really like the character interaction. The wife is relatable and feels as if she's been written by a man who has been married. The banter feels based in the comfortable ennui of a marriage that is loving, yet stale. This is a surprisingly rare dynamic to capture effectively.

While it's clear the wife has begun a new job in a firm that is going to provide lots of opportunities later, the intro isn't too jarring, and the muted sexual harrassment is believable.

I had some issues with bugged dialogues in 0.1.0 which have been adequately captured in the thread, and appear to have since been corrected.

The presentation is spartan, neat and the text is readable. Dialogue isn't particuarly witty or clever, but neither is most real-world conversation.

The models are believable, and in spite of the somewhat tired working MILF initial persona we see of the wife, there's something about her that find oddly attractive from a physical perspective.

The story is so far told in alternating POV from the husband to wife, where the husband's choices appear to be "scored" from the wife's PoV when the same day is played from her perspective. This wasn't obvious to me at first, and I've edited my review now that the system is clear to me. It's a clever idea on paper, and I look forward to seeing how it plays out over the greater game.

For that reason, I am subtracting a star for now, but the dev has succeeded in piquing m y interest in a visual novel outside my kink zone, and that's no small feat.

The renders and art style are a mixture of generally thoughtful and artistic posing with relatively basic lighting and cinematography. It's more than up to the task for visualizing the story so far.

This is clearly a quality effort, and I wish the dev the best of luck. If the paths truly allow for lighter and darker approaches to this couple exploring their sexual boundaries, I'll keep coming back, and sponsor the dev.

With the glut of 0.1 being released during the COVID pandemic, it's been refreshing to see some efforts like this one that don't feel a low-effort money-grab.

I applaud the dev for taking risks with his premise and taking the time to make the scenario buildup measured and believable. Best of luck Illegible Mink!

**EDITED upon learning I had misunderstood a game mechanic.**
  3. 5.00 star(s)

pitems67

The game has pretty good writing and the option to choose between cuckolding and a more open relationship is good. The scenes are good as well, and the character models are good with not much clunkiness. Any open relationship thinker can enjoy this game.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

naurd

Review of v1.0

Really really preliminary build, only about ten minutes of content and no sex scenes yet but man I love the premise so far. At the outset you have the option of doing the shared wife route, where your pleasure and your wife's pleasure is shared, or a cuckhold route where you pleasure is only secondary to your wife's desires. This choice is a refreshing change of pace in the frequently stale NTR genre and I looked forward to seeing how both paths unfold.

The male MC also has the option of pursuing another love interest in one of his college students. I frequently dislike NTR protagonists that are totally ineffectual, so giving the MC the ability to get some of his own side action adds a nice level of depth to his character, while also exploring teen schoolgirl kinks that typically are not featured in a NTR wife game.

Finally the renders look great, I appreciate that everyone has realistic body types. The writing is solid and believable as well. Now all we can do is wait. I certainly have been let down by games in this genre with promising starts but poor development, but from what I have seen so far, I can't think of a single criticism.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

choiebears

Great art and assets, pretty impressive so far. Interesting to see how the story unfolds. Not familiar with this developer but probable one to keep an eye on, hope to see more soon. Some of the lighting could have been made a little brighter, would be the one point that could be improved upon.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

guy2front

Biased review as I am a sucker for NTR/Hot wife games. Anyways, good renders so far and a good introduction. Like that the husband has some temptations going on himself with students. Cant wait to see more. Looks like there is going to be a ton of choices and I appreciate the the path selection at the start of the game. Looks like if this gets finished there will be a good amount of replay to it.