We got the big news !

standbygames

Mar 13, 2018
I was looking at their site and saw something interesting. image05.png

Can anyone translate that? I tried google image translate and got this:
image05 translated.png

It sounds like maybe they are also planning on releasing a studio software for "creating" separately instead of just part of the games? If they did that with an official license available for devs to use the studios graphics in their own games, that would be awesome and what many people want. Allowing you to put games on steam using their graphics would definitely be worth paying even a few hundred bucks.

Last edited:

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
I was looking at their site and saw something interesting. View attachment 2829498

View attachment 2829506

It sounds like maybe they are also planning on releasing a studio software for "creating" separately instead of just part of the games? If they did that with an official license available for devs to use the studios graphics in their own games, that would be awesome and what many people want. Allowing you to put games on steam using their graphics would definitely be worth paying even a few hundred bucks.
1691272782516.png

Feb 18, 2020
tbh they need to take this rebranding as an opportunity to refresh their direction in games. all of their latest releases feel so repetitive

they also need to embrace the modding community. ngl, without mods, the character creator feels so shallow and barebones (especially in the trial.) it isn't even mods that add more assets as options, but things such as sliders and bone mods add so much more depth and possibility. i tried making a character in the trial and i felt soooo limited while working on the body! for them to try to write off mods completely is just digging (another) grave lol

but, the artstyle of honeycome is cute, like koikatsu if it had more life. i imagine its gonna play like hs2. that being said, if they dont add new animations or interactions or whatever, its just gonna be another animation viewer with the same animations theyve been using for the last however many releases lol

there is opportunity here. i wish them luck, hopefully they make good choices and we get some cool releases.

i do miss their old slogan though. the replacement doesnt hit the same >.>

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
ToS is the same as before so that will not change modding/games made in the engine, but yea, it's disappointing that they did not take the opportunity to modernize the Studio. At least they stopped using mail order as the primary distribution method and went full digital, but still, the lack of Steam is a dum dum move.

Regardless, Room Girl was dead on release due to changes under the hood making it much harder to mod, so time will tell how this will work.
The steam version of their other games is a worse version of the ones you can pirate so them being not on Steam is for the best.
Character creation was worse and story mode was removed

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I was looking at their site and saw something interesting. View attachment 2829498

View attachment 2829506

Their Studios have always been separate from the main game, most not even released on day 1.

The steam version of their other games is a worse version of the ones you can pirate so them being not on Steam is for the best.
Character creation was worse and story mode was removed
Skipping Steam is never the best for an indie studio.

they also need to embrace the modding community. ngl, without mods, the character creator feels so shallow and barebones
Looks like they are going with il2cpp again, so it will be dead on arrival like Room Girl.

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
So IF true basically someone found a loophole in bankruptcy or tax evasion regulations. With less than a month until release this will clearly be the same recycled shovelware as the previous couple of products.
Yeah, incredibly suss and fishy move. It's either that or this was a move to break out of some contract. Unless an insider spill the beans, we'll never know...

sirretinee

Jul 17, 2018
Oh shid, they aren't dead dead.
Here's hoping their yearly releases aren't just rehashes of previous games (not holding my breath.)

Speaking of not holding my breath, i've updated my wishlist to include 'I can't believe it's not Artificial Academy 3.'

CoconutBayBro

Nov 8, 2022
Koikatsu as a base game was very underwhelming. It was the better repack mod that saved the day and made it my favorite 3D simulation game.

The company have gotten lazy throughout the years with no efforts in their recent games (as shown with Koikatsu sunshine). Even with them being rebranded, their sudden TOS rules is really ridiculous because we all know without the mods their games are just a empty heap of boredom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Ronald Leopold

zicifer

Aug 13, 2021
are they stupid? a new name and a new start and they already fucked it up with decisions that contradict with
the market and reasons why people play their games in the first place.

they are sleeping on a gold mine with so many possibilities for success and yet they keep fucking it up nowadays

Schulth

Dec 22, 2021
Is this the new thread for their game on the forums or is there an official thread yet?

Hypocryte72

May 25, 2018
Also, new TOS says modding not allowed
Well, BepInEx does not modify any of the gamefiles so there's that.
It's comparable to 3Dmigoto that loads mods externally from the original gamefiles.
-
Wish they consider adding other male npcs(AI controlled) to their planned games, as that will increase the game's fun factor. :sneaky:
It's one of AA2's charm.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017
I don't hate it. It's a lot like HS2 with KK graphics and a little more creation options. Hopefully the modders figured out what changed in the code to make it harder to mod.

HCP_F_20230805193035163.png

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
So do we have an idea of wich part of the old company formed the new so far?
The creative best or the greedy fu***rs?

by the way the trailer if nobody already posted
www okazurand net/ero-game-maker-illusion-to-be-reincarnated-as-illgames

xcucumber

Jan 1, 2023
I can't install the trial. Always shows an error message, even using the Locale Emulator. (1312 and some japanese letters).
I'm missing something?

_nyxx_

May 10, 2023
So do we have an idea of wich part of the old company formed the new so far?
The creative best or the greedy fu***rs?

by the way the trailer if nobody already posted
www okazurand net/ero-game-maker-illusion-to-be-reincarnated-as-illgames
No idea, but I feel they will take the same bad decisions that made the old company shutdown.

• Sad
Reactions: JhonLui

Krummen1337

Jul 11, 2023
So I got a problem with the install. I get error 1311 and I'm told the installer is unable to find Data.cab or unable to access it. Anybody know why this is, and have anybody potentially found a fix for this? I'm using Locale Emulator as well as admin rights.

May 5, 2020
So I got a problem with the install. I get error 1311 and I'm told the installer is unable to find Data.cab or unable to access it. Anybody know why this is, and have anybody potentially found a fix for this? I'm using Locale Emulator as well as admin rights.
I have the same problem