Inroh

Jul 19, 2018
I know this probably isn't Pixelgames only work and they have lives outside of this, but how has it been 2 years (almost 3 years?) since they announced this and all they have to show for it is this tiny amount of content? All the while taking patreon money from people and stringing them along. The art is great, but the style is simplistic as hell and most of this game could have been drawn in maybe 2-3 weeks time and then you just slap an average story over top of it. It feels like it shouldn't still be in 0.0.1 tbh. Also they never even properly finished Raven's Quest as it still has missing scenes.

They say that "0.0.2" will be out sooner than expected, and that would still take 2 months, so what are we going to get the full version of the game in another 3 years? Their last 2 games were fairly simple and not really groundbreaking at all, so what could possibly be taking them this long?

Vylrond

Apr 27, 2017
Is there anything more to this after getting to lewdness to 10 and finishing the training Q?

lecture

Dec 22, 2019
Less content then I was hoping for in an initial release, but very excited to see where it goes.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Just played it.

The art is really great, with cute girls! I'm not into monster girls, but Lily gets a pass while Hana is gorgeous (as always is the case with her).
Nice quest system to advance stuff. The three energy types made me curious; however, I only saw the counter for 2 of them.

Things I didn't like:
- What's the point of this building? If it can't do anything for now, it's better to not turn it interactable for now.
1617133877568.png

- Why do the girls are shown in nighties in the room, but when you click on them they're back to their default costume?
1617133953989.png 1617133960360.png

- The grinding to get the girls at 'level' 10. You need to assign a girl EVERY day to a building... can't the game at least auto-select the last one you chose for a specific building and allow you to choose another one, if you say so? Let's suppose there are two girls - A and B. If I select girl A for the cantina, the game should auto-select her again in the following nights unless I pick girl B for the cantina - making the game now auto-selecting girl B for that building.
Also, where can I see how far I'm in the relationship with Lily?

- Linked to the above, the lack of quests once you've 'trained' a girl. I find leveling by questing much more interesting than by grinding.

- I've bought a decoration for Hana's bedroom, but she didn't react to that. What's the point of doing it, then?

- There's a nice music on the main menu, but during the game there's none.
---

To finish, it would be nice to the game to inform us how for an update is. I've reached 'level' 10 with Hana, but nothing different happened.

I hope this game takes off. It has potential!

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
There's something else I forgot to say in my review: in many scenes, when I press H to hide the interface the screen will go black

Tew

Aug 16, 2017
I know this probably isn't Pixelgames only work and they have lives outside of this, but how has it been 2 years (almost 3 years?) since they announced this and all they have to show for it is this tiny amount of content? All the while taking patreon money from people and stringing them along. The art is great, but the style is simplistic as hell and most of this game could have been drawn in maybe 2-3 weeks time and then you just slap an average story over top of it. It feels like it shouldn't still be in 0.0.1 tbh. Also they never even properly finished Raven's Quest as it still has missing scenes.

They say that "0.0.2" will be out sooner than expected, and that would still take 2 months, so what are we going to get the full version of the game in another 3 years? Their last 2 games were fairly simple and not really groundbreaking at all, so what could possibly be taking them this long?
2-3 weeks? Have you actually drawn anything?

Inroh

Jul 19, 2018
2-3 weeks? Have you actually drawn anything?
Yes I have. And like I said, I know this isn't their full time job or anything, but the art is very simplistic and there is not much to the game at all. You are out of content within 10 minutes. For example, Cutesexyrobutts and Sakimichan (two really amazing artists that would put pixel games to absolute shame) put out drawings of characters 3-5 hours after they are revealed (for example image of I-No from the guilty gear series, which released only a few hours after her reveal trailer). So yes, I fully believe it would be possible to do it within 2-3 weeks, maybe 2 months if you really want to stretch it, but we've been waiting for multiple YEARS.

If I was being paid to create a hentai game and being paid to create the art for it, and this was my artstyle, I would have had the map and backgrounds done within 2-3 days at most.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TuturuNisa

Naos

Jul 4, 2017
Yes I have. And like I said, I know this isn't their full time job or anything, but the art is very simplistic and there is not much to the game at all. You are out of content within 10 minutes. For example, Cutesexyrobutts and Sakimichan (two really amazing artists that would put pixel games to absolute shame) put out drawings of characters 3-5 hours after they are revealed (for example image of I-No from the guilty gear series, which released only a few hours after her reveal trailer). So yes, I fully believe it would be possible to do it within 2-3 weeks, maybe 2 months if you really want to stretch it, but we've been waiting for multiple YEARS.

If I was being paid to create a hentai game and being paid to create the art for it, and this was my artstyle, I would have had the map and backgrounds done within 2-3 days at most.
Yeah... Those two you wrote as an example are two that have always done the same. Pinups. (Mostly) They've been years and years doing it, so it is obvious that their craft has become more mechanic, ergo they work faster and more efficiently.

Drawing for a game is a lot more than just that, obviously. ChicaPixel has also drawn mostly pinups in the past, but when drawing for a game, she has had to do the backgrounds, the UI and full scenes with more than one, two or even three characters. She also has to do expressions for the characters, different outfits and movements of limbs, etc.

She also has to wait for the writer to write the scenes and then comment the idea. (If it is possible, how to draw it, etc.)
I don't know why are you comparing two completely different artistic jobs.

Also, yes. They've taken a lot of time to release Welcome To Erosland, but they've been also deveolping Raven's Quest all this time. Still, all the art that Erosland has in the first update would take a lot more than a couple of months to finish, specially the parts that the artist is not comfortable doing.

4.60 star(s) 28 Votes