Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Westview Academy - LaikDink's Walkthrough/Cheat/Improvement Mod [v0.4.1] [Tako Yuh]

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
I dont want to badmouth this modder it just that he is rarely active and known to abandoned mods. His last mod update was april 4. I think he is vacation or something.
See I'm right all along
You do know that people have a life outside F95, right? I follow LainDink on Discord, and he's working most of the week (and sometimes has to travel on business), so that only leaves the weekend to work on the (now rather huge) backlog of mod updates.

In the last round of updates (1st of June), we got updates of his mods for "Den of the Defiant", "Baddies, Inc", "Violation Nation", "The Good Instructor Frenzy", and "The Swordbearer" (I was waiting to two of those myself). The previous round of updates (19th of May), 3 other mods got an update (just as a comparison).

I would say, though, that he has kinda painted himself into a corner by taking on so many mods.

Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87

AkaiAria

Sep 29, 2021
Just use URM. Its easy to use and super powerful, and doesn't change any game files. If you just want cheats and to see what choices do, URM works like 99% of the time. It didn't take me long to learn it, and once I did, the only RenPy titles I play without it are kinetic novels.

Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
We still have to wait a bit for an update here. LaikDink posted this message on Discord (this was a little less than an hour ago):

1717960137375.png

(MCR2 = My Cute Roommate 2... And for those curious, the updated mods were for No Such Luck, My Time, and Alternate Existence.)

Reactions: crotch69

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
Laikdink is a busy man, I know that and I'm not denigrating him, but he has taken it upon himself to mod a lot of games and averages 1 month for each mod. I think he should stick to 3-5 games he enjoys modding and leave the rest. So that others can take care of the abandoned topics. And if no one can be found to continue the mod, so be it. Either way, I don't think anyone but a minority waited 1 month, everyone played this update without mods and it's over.

drcynic22

Dec 5, 2018
Laikdink is a busy man, I know that and I'm not denigrating him, but he has taken it upon himself to mod a lot of games and averages 1 month for each mod. I think he should stick to 3-5 games he enjoys modding and leave the rest. So that others can take care of the abandoned topics. And if no one can be found to continue the mod, so be it. Either way, I don't think anyone but a minority waited 1 month, everyone played this update without mods and it's over.
I still haven't because I want to make sure my main playthrough follows a specific path. For replays and alternate routes, I could play without it.

Reactions: Punto and ohhiimfox