Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Westview Academy - LaikDink's Walkthrough/Cheat/Improvement Mod [v0.4.1] [Tako Yuh]

Jet_Pilot

Jun 30, 2021
dont know if this would help but if any of you have steam? there is a walkthrough on it..it may be the same but who knows ive not tried it yet, but think i will while waiting for the updated mod

Reactions: CriticalDecision

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Info: he's probably still updating it (there is a post about that on his discord a few days ago)
But he's doing updates mostly on weekends anymore, quite busy with rl lately
Also for me it does not feel right to kinda "overtake" only because it's not updated soonish
Is 2 months long enough to consider it functionally abandoned?

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Can we have news from the modder?

What is the rule for a mod that no longer receives updates? can any modder take over or should we report so that an admin can take care of transferring the mod to another modder?

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
Can we have news from the modder?

What is the rule for a mod that no longer receives updates? can any modder take over or should we report so that an admin can take care of transferring the mod to another modder?
I mean, as a general rule, anyone with the technical skill, time, and willingness can take over a mod that hasn't been updated for a while. If you want to, you can even make a competing mod.

But, if you do make a mod based on the existing work of another modder (reusing the actual code from the original mod), it's good form to at least credit the original modder for their previous work. I did this myself when I continued a few of Ripson's walkthrough mods.

I'm a little bit hesitant to continue LainDink's work myself, though, even though he clearly needs the offload.

Reactions: Manoman13

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
I mean, as a general rule, anyone with the technical skill, time, and willingness can take over a mod that hasn't been updated for a while. If you want to, you can even make a competing mod.

But, if you do make a mod based on the existing work of another modder (reusing the actual code from the original mod), it's good form to at least credit the original modder for their previous work. I did this myself when I continued a few of Ripson's walkthrough mods.

I'm a little bit hesitant to continue LainDink's work myself, though, even though he clearly needs the offload.
Very sincerely I hope that you will resume the mod, you are the only one who has clearly expressed yourself in favor of resuming the mod, it has still been 2 months since the game update was released.

If Laink has found work or is work taking up his time he can no longer invest as much in mods, we are all happy for him real life comes first of course, but there are other modders who should take the continuation of a mod when it has not had an update even though the game has been out for more than 1 month (actually it's been 2 months here) lots of people rely on a mod for various reasons and don't can play without.

I would like to point out that I have always appreciated the work of laink who has always made quality mods.

Oct 17, 2020
Okay, so, just a question though.. Does anyone know whether this mod will be updated?:unsure:

Not asking b/c I'm trying to rush the dev or whatnot; genuinely just curious, ya know?:giggle:

Wanna download the game update sometime, but I also wanted to ask here in advance so I know whether or not to check here every now and then.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Okay, so, just a question though.. Does anyone know whether this mod will be updated?:unsure:

Not asking b/c I'm trying to rush the dev or whatnot; genuinely just curious, ya know?:giggle:

Wanna download the game update sometime, but I also wanted to ask here in advance so I know whether or not to check here every now and then.
You could always use URM and UCD together. As, for the most part, they usually work. Assuming you really wanna play a game and a wtmod hasn't been updated for awhile or perhaps hasn't had a wtmod made for it.