Mordikay

Sep 23, 2022
I thought that at this point you already understood that taking in account things like % will not reflect reality, % is bullshit, they could choose to increase the number of "tasks" by 100 while only finishing 80 which technically means that they increased the development time in comparison to the previous report and yet the % would increase.
So forget about that, the only number important in the number of "tasks" to be completed and right now that has been reduced by 2 in relation to the previous report so you they moved forward, you can only claim the opposite if that number increases.
That's not how math works. If you make progress but literally create 400% more problems/work. Then it's not progressing.

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
That's not how math works. If you make progress but literally create 400% more problems/work. Then it's not progressing.
It is, if the created "400% more problems\work" are already completed and the numbers of "problems\work" you have remaining are less than what you had at the beginning, it doesn't matter if you completed 4x times already the number of "problems\work" you planned, if you have less to do now than you had when you started then you made progress.

Mordikay

Sep 23, 2022
It is, if the created "400% more problems\work" are already completed and the numbers of "problems\work" you have remaining are less than what you had at the beginning, it doesn't matter if you completed 4x times already the number of "problems\work" you planned, if you have less to do now than you had when you started then you made progress.
Yeah but that's exactly it. It isn't and there's NOT less work than when they started but 3-4x more. Broad look they make less than 2%(from previous numbers) progress and create 8% more problems/work so it is literally going backwards.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
Thought some of you might enjoy a graph showing the evolution of progress over time. For each of the three main sections there's a column for tasks that are done and a column for total tasks, both as reported. The third column for each section is just a substraction, showing how many tasks are left to do for that section. Dates are in dd/mm/yyyy format, not the US mm/dd/yyyy format. The Y scale (for the rows) is not linear. Meaning there's a row almost for each day for the last few week, but the farther back we go (the further up the table), the more "gaps" there are in the date (because I couldn't be arsed to look for more of them, mainly).

WaL-evolution-2024-07-15.png

If their work keeps this pace, the projection would be four months until completion.

Mordikay

Sep 23, 2022
Thought some of you might enjoy a graph showing the evolution of progress over time. For each of the three main sections there's a column for tasks that are done and a column for total tasks, both as reported. The third column for each section is just a substraction, showing how many tasks are left to do for that section. Dates are in dd/mm/yyyy format, not the US mm/dd/yyyy format. The Y scale (for the rows) is not linear. Meaning there's a row almost for each day for the last few week, but the farther back we go (the further up the table), the more "gaps" there are in the date (because I couldn't be arsed to look for more of them, mainly).

View attachment 3833535

If their work keeps this pace, the projection would be four months until completion.
Yeah exact this isn't an accurate portayal of it all (like debug and all the other categories they keep adding numbers to) and they literally keep raising the caps in each category so by the way it's been going the past 6 months the deadline has been pushed another 8 or so from whatever the original might have been.

I don't undertstand what it is people are not getting. If you add more numbers than you get done you are moving backwards. It's not hard math.

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
Yeah exact this isn't an accurate portayal of it all (like debug and all the other categories they keep adding numbers to) and they literally keep raising the caps in each category so by the way it's been going the past 6 months the deadline has been pushed another 8 or so from whatever the original might have been.

I don't undertstand what it is people are not getting. If you add more numbers than you get done you are moving backwards. It's not hard math.
Not really moving backwards since the polish phase really started in mid March, but the pace of progress has indeed been steadily going down.

fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
They are gonna slow down. They only really started worked on this around march/april. Take in account the 6-8 months they used to make for the previous update and it's gonna be ready in october/november, but probably december.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Gaalec_

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
Probably. But I wasn't meaning to neither attack nor defend them, just stating facts as they are. So I didn't want to presume anything based on external information, just extrapolate from the data present in the set.

Here's the same info, with an added column for a statistically calculated rate of tasks per day, which should show the trend. Do not put a lot of faith in what that column says, as it's derived statistically. It's not hard facts. But as you can see, the rate of decrease is slowing down, meaning they seem to be reaching a stable rate of progress.

Also, I didn't plot it before May as it doesn't make any sense since that's the oldest reliable data that I have for actual polish progress.

WaL-evolution-2-2024-07-15.png

Edited to add that "Tasks per day" does not mean how many tasks they are doing per day, but rather how many less tasks are left to be done. If they do 3 tasks and add 2, this is 1 task done as far as that statistic is concerned.

Last edited:

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Don't take it as an insult but this is just re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic. The fact of the matter is that the numbers might as well be made up (and probably are) given that we have no tangible proof that any progress has been made.

Also, to the people making the excel docs and animations of the fake progress. I like the gumption but you guys are putting more work in to this than the dev is in to the game. If you are enjoying yourself then have fun but don't get worked up, it's not worth your time.

Last edited:

shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024
Don't take it as an insult but this is just re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic. The fact of the matter is that the numbers might as well be made up (and probably are) given that we have no tangible proof that any progress has been made.

Also, to the people making the excel docs and animations of the fake progress. I like the gumption but you guys are putting more work in to this than the dev is in to the game. If you are enjoying yourself then have fun but don't get worked, it's not worth your time.
I literally grabbed a handful of screenshots over the last few pages and appended them to the last gif. Looking at the timestamps on the files I saved, it took 4 minutes, so no skin off my nose for a laugh.

But I personally don't think the devs are completely bullshitting everyone. They did work for two years since 2020 and create a solid little game here, and even if the last two years haven't been at the same capacity, I don't see why they wouldn't finish this release, I mean, they have the skills to do it, so why not?

If they have been bullshitting all along, they've kinda painted themselves into a corner by pretending they've done everything and are now just doing the final touches, I mean, if I were lying about this shit, I'd make it look like I was deep into the thick of it, not on the tail end, otherwise, after another month or so, they're seriously gonna have a bit of a subscriber exodus on their hands.

I can't see this "polishing" bullshit dragging on for another 2 months though. I guess they could have a computer malfunction and have all their work destroyed and the cloud crashed and all matter of shit happen that they could justify to 1000 or so gullible people to keep paying them to redo it all, but barring an act of god, the episode's gotta surface eventually.

If it's as long as the last episode, people can't really complain too much (because the last episode was pretty long). If it's a significantly shorter episode, then I think they don't have much defense.

So yeah, it's all speculation on both sides of the fence, but it's fun to talk shit, so we talk shit. :whistle:

Reactions: GERMAZM

Finuee

Sep 14, 2022
Also, to the people making the excel docs and animations of the fake progress. I like the gumption but you guys are putting more work in to this than the dev is in to the game. If you are enjoying yourself then have fun but don't get worked, it's not worth your time.
I indeed did the excel mostly for fun. I'm weird like that, I like to play with data sets. ;)

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022

View attachment 3833535

Four months!?
But i want to play now!:mad:

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Don't take it as an insult.
Don't you worry about that, I don't take things seriously enough to feel insulted by anything I assure you.

And believe me when I say that if I had to bet, at this point and with the few I know, I would not choose to believe that what we are seeing here with those daily progress trackers corresponds to the entire truth and that at least (conscientious or not) they are tricking people with them.

But you need to remember something, it should be "innocent until proven guilty" and not the other way around, and that's a rule that must be applied to everyone for more that the "evidences" you might have say otherwise.

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019

View attachment 3833535

holy cope, dude, and tell me, when is the game completed? When you find a girlfriend(never)?

just give up and move on, stop giving this attention

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes