fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
Instead of doing a responsible thing, after their life circumstances changed, and pausing the patreon until they have enough time to work on the game properly, they decide to just not... and let the money roll in while at best imitating the activity.
I think they should not have stopped the patreon, but use that money to hire someone else. I know they don't someone external because that's not true to their vision... but since art is ready and coding is sluggish, they should have hired someone to help with the code and/or the bug fixing

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
I think they should not have stopped the patreon, but use that money to hire someone else. I know they don't someone external because that's not true to their vision... but since art is ready and coding is sluggish, they should have hired someone to help with the code and/or the bug fixing
Yeah no. LOL. They 100 fucking percent should have stopped the Patreon.

For comparison, one of the best devs on this site, belle, who made the legendary Long Live the Princess game, recently encountered a burnout situation on a new title he is working on. You know what he did? He said guys, I am not going to be able to work on the game, if I try to push through I will harm my health, so I am taking a break for the month. And he paused his fucking Patreon. Then true to his word, he came back and resumed work, and restarted the Patreon.

And, that was just for a damn month!

It's called not being a freeloader.

But the devs of WAL and HH and plenty of other titles on this site, just regularly make bullshit excuses and fall off the face of the earth for months to years at a time and just continue to collect Patreon welfare checks from their delusional fans the whole time. It's disgusting.

brinith

Oct 12, 2019
Yeah no. LOL. They 100 fucking percent should have stopped the Patreon.

For comparison, one of the best devs on this site, belle, who made the legendary Long Live the Princess game, recently encountered a burnout situation on a new title he is working on. You know what he did? He said guys, I am not going to be able to work on the game, if I try to push through I will harm my health, so I am taking a break for the month. And he paused his fucking Patreon. Then true to his word, he came back and resumed work, and restarted the Patreon.

And, that was just for a damn month!

It's called not being a freeloader.

But the devs of WAL and HH and plenty of other titles on this site, just regularly make bullshit excuses and fall off the face of the earth for months to years at a time and just continue to collect Patreon welfare checks from their delusional fans the whole time. It's disgusting.
what's hilarious too is their discord bluff that updates every day. All it really does, or at least has been doing for the last SEVERAL months, is saying its fixed 1 or 2 bugs every day while also (always) adding the same amount, sometimes more new bugs to fix. The overall percentage is slowly going up(which is the only argument they point out) because the overall amount of tasks reduces the ratio, even while they make no actual process. Pistachio argues that they're rebuilding the game up from when he first started it a few years ago when he was somehow 1. in a really bad mental state(typical victimizing) while 2. producing frequent and fast updates. All of this for an update that will be the same size as the last one. let's also point out that they make no public updates on their patreon actually showing any new content whatsoever, and havent for months.

Anybody that backs developer like this are idiots. Same goes for those supporting the likes of summertime saga, milfy city a great example. We are just giving them loads of money while they do absolute jack shit.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes