lemmegetuhh

Oct 6, 2017
I don't comment a lot on these forums but this is probably the most promising 0.1 I've seen in a long long time. Loving the artstyle and the dialogue, hopefully the next versions only improve on it.

Edit: If I may give you one piece of critical feedback, I'd change this arrow with one that just points to the left. I think it would feel more intuitive that way.
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Reactions: magicnuts

lTTMl

Aug 7, 2017
No. No choices either. If you are making a harem game then make content that contributes to the harem which NTR definitively doesnt contributes to.
Better adress this stuff before the game advances and is too late.
Totally disagree with this point of view, a game that offers choices that have a big impact on the story and the characters gives a much better feeling of immersing yourself in the story and the characters. Wanting games that go in one direction is a huge loss for the imagination.

To act this way is to act like a totalitarian state, I'm going to go take aspirin before it is too late and something horrible, terrible, terrifying, harmful and factual, advances. :FacePalm:

Last edited:

DarkWarden

May 2, 2020
I wanted to put this game on the watchlist to check later on but when I saw your incredible responses and interaction with the community here I wanted to test out the game myself.

Overall I think you did your homework well regarding what people like in regards to gameplay, art, setting, characters, rewarding and including your patreons in the game and much more. I've played many similar games and majority of the games of this site, you nail almost everything perfectly for now.

The only thing I want to give as a suggestion is to focus on content and relationship between characters. I see that every quest is very well handcrafted with its own unique art between almost every other dialogue interaction. I like that a lot but do make sure that you focus on substance and the story instead of forver trying to micro optimize scenes or adding too many animations (a simple loop for a few scenes would be fine for example) because ultimately a lot of the times it would be much more worth to have lets say ~60 min of story arc playtime, than to have 20-30 min of it with every sex scene being animated.

Its almost never worth it and given the nature of the industry with the new content playtime being the benchmark for patreons and player satisfaction I would suggest to not worry to much about such micro optimizations and details and focus on creating a rich world.

So basically keep the story simple and linear without too many branching paths and if you have another idea for that character instead you just add another character with that idea or trait in mind onto the main story and world, as not many people enjoy backtracking or gating content between multiple game playthroughs. As a side not I also hope you will incorporate polling the community to see what tags, characters or other opinions people have and want out of the game.

Last thing I can recommend is future sexual content I personally would like to see some of which is: pregnancy, milfs, incest and netori (cucking others).

Even if you just keep the current pace I know the future for you and your game is bright, I'm looking forward to seeing what you will add in the future.
Cheers.

sogetthis

Dec 8, 2018
Excellent first release! And developed by a married couple, what a treat. The future looks very bright for this game.

Here's a quick and dirty scetch of what I would change about the UI. The blocky floating dialogue box and the sans-serif font doesn't fit the rest, imo. Something that really struck me as "off". Maybe make the box a bit more transparent and smaller, too.
In the crystal ball I've also noticed inconsistent fonts. I strongly suggest you choose one font family and stick with it throughout all texts. Also keeep at least the ratios of headline to text consistent, and only use as many different sizes as absolutely necessary. Many different fonts at many different sizes all over the place doesn't look good.

The animation of the Maple scene was decent, but leaves room for improvement. If you check out this fan art thread, some have been using a neural network to smoothen out low framerate animations and the results are quite stunning.

I feel the scene of Myrtle in the water was too easy for a full nude reveal, like a missed opportunity for more content.
Off the top of my head: Maybe when the MC dives towards her he sees a shadow under water behind her and panics, swallowing water and rushing to the surface, then getting chased away by an angry Myrtle. Later, when he again tries to spy on her, he sees the creature again, revealed to be a hot mermaid from an underwater kingdom. Just a thought.

And as a final remark: I'm missing a bit of body variety. Not that I don't like the models, but variety is the spice of adult games. Will we get a voluptuous miller's wife and such?

Reactions: magicnuts

Satorius

Dec 14, 2017
Wow, what else can I say. Very good start. The only complaint will be there is not enough sex scene, but it is only version 0.1. I guess we all want more frosting on the cake. Quick question for magicnuts. Does the whores are considered to be part of the future update or it will be considered incest with the Patreon site. I feel bad for the main character. So much love that he miss

Last edited:

lTTMl

Aug 7, 2017
Hi magicnuts, I saw in the discussion that the game will be a harem? So it won't be like Summertime Saga or Milf City, where each character has their own end?

Ah, and sorry for the show. :sneaky::giggle:

Last edited:

sogetthis

Dec 8, 2018
Suspiciously very similar to Summertime Saga, the art, dialogue setup and the choices' appearances.
The art style is really not that similar. They both are Ren'Py erotic adventures with young male protagonists in a world of bangable babes, so of course there will be parallels.

Raife

May 16, 2018
I wonder if I mistagged it. Here's my logic and you tell me if it dating sim is correct: there will, eventually, be a number of female characters whose story-lines you can play, and gradually (more or less, depending on the character's story) you will unlock different h-scenes. If by "again and again" you mean grinding through the same exact content until something is unlocked, then the answer is no. We hate grind mechanics and don't plan on including any. If, on the other hand, you mean playing the same character's story and doing one quest after another, then yes.
This is an extraordinary piece of work, magicnuts -- it is better than 99% of the initial entries we see in this genre. Congratulations to you and Chestnut: please keep up the good work. (That palm-reading scene was very amusing -- probably my favourite in the intro.)

One suggestion: I appreciate this is a sandbox game where you can pursue multiple female characters simultaneously. When you finally approach the endgame, though, it would be great if you could include multiple endings that give you a chance to choose between individual girls, sets of girls, or harem-style endings. That would give the player a greater sense of agency, in terms of deciding how they want to end the story. Do they want to settle down and live happily ever after with one woman, or continue to play the field? Are they a cad, or a heroic figure?

I am headed to Patreon right now to support you under the same alias...

Reactions: madmit

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
I wanted to put this game on the watchlist to check later on but when I saw your incredible responses and interaction with the community here I wanted to test out the game myself.

Overall I think you did your homework well regarding what people like in regards to gameplay, art, setting, characters, rewarding and including your patreons in the game and much more. I've played many similar games and majority of the games of this site, you nail almost everything perfectly for now.

The only thing I want to give as a suggestion is to focus on content and relationship between characters. I see that every quest is very well handcrafted with its own unique art between almost every other dialogue interaction. I like that a lot but do make sure that you focus on substance and the story instead of forver trying to micro optimize scenes or adding too many animations (a simple loop for a few scenes would be fine for example) because ultimately a lot of the times it would be much more worth to have lets say ~60 min of story arc playtime, than to have 20-30 min of it with every sex scene being animated.

Its almost never worth it and given the nature of the industry with the new content playtime being the benchmark for patreons and player satisfaction I would suggest to not worry to much about such micro optimizations and details and focus on creating a rich world.

So basically keep the story simple and linear without too many branching paths and if you have another idea for that character instead you just add another character with that idea or trait in mind onto the main story and world, as not many people enjoy backtracking or gating content between multiple game playthroughs. As a side not I also hope you will incorporate polling the community to see what tags, characters or other opinions people have and want out of the game.

Last thing I can recommend is future sexual content I personally would like to see some of which is: pregnancy, milfs, incest and netori (cucking others).

Even if you just keep the current pace I know the future for you and your game is bright, I'm looking forward to seeing what you will add in the future.
Cheers.
Thank you for taking the time to give this feedback. I really appreciate it.

A lot of things to think about and I see your points.

About the main story, there are some characters that will be linked to it (e.g. the princess) and there are some that you will unlock while doing the main story but that they will have their own story separately afterward. But I agree that there should be as little gated content as possible (some will be unavoidable since the main story is ripe for introducing characters - e.g. meeting the woodcutter's wife first time while trying to do the main quest).

Edit: I forgot to mention that we will run polls.

Last edited:

sogetthis

Dec 8, 2018
It is very much similar, hence others even comparing it so SS and mentioning the similarities. Besides, there's a whole plethora of other Ren'Py games which looks nothing like these 2 games
They're similar in both being top notch western shaded comic style. But both character and background styles are otherwise quite different.

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
Excellent first release! And developed by a married couple, what a treat. The future looks very bright for this game.

Here's a quick and dirty scetch of what I would change about the UI. The blocky floating dialogue box and the sans-serif font doesn't fit the rest, imo. Something that really struck me as "off". Maybe make the box a bit more transparent and smaller, too.
In the crystal ball I've also noticed inconsistent fonts. I strongly suggest you choose one font family and stick with it throughout all texts. Also keeep at least the ratios of headline to text consistent, and only use as many different sizes as absolutely necessary. Many different fonts at many different sizes all over the place doesn't look good.

The animation of the Maple scene was decent, but leaves room for improvement. If you check out this fan art thread, some have been using a neural network to smoothen out low framerate animations and the results are quite stunning.

I feel the scene of Myrtle in the water was too easy for a full nude reveal, like a missed opportunity for more content.
Off the top of my head: Maybe when the MC dives towards her he sees a shadow under water behind her and panics, swallowing water and rushing to the surface, then getting chased away by an angry Myrtle. Later, when he again tries to spy on her, he sees the creature again, revealed to be a hot mermaid from an underwater kingdom. Just a thought.

And as a final remark: I'm missing a bit of body variety. Not that I don't like the models, but variety is the spice of adult games. Will we get a voluptuous miller's wife and such?
Thank you for this feedback.

- about the font, the reason I chose sans-serif was better legibility on the screen. I did try serif and it looked good but I worried that I might be sacrificing user experience. But I totally agree that there should be one font-family per screen. I'll look into it later (but maybe not for the next release since we're focusing on concluding the main quest).

- We have a lot to improve when it comes to animation. I can assure you that its less-than-ideal quality is not for lack of trying. Thanks for the link.

- I like your idea for the mermaid. We have an elaborate story with mermaids in mind but that would be much later. About Myrtle, I agree that that was perhaps too easy. She will get her own story and I think we can make things a bit more difficult for the MC there.

- There will be more variety.

Last edited:

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
Wow, what else can I say. Very good start. The only complaint will be there is not enough sex scene, but it is only version 0.1. I guess we all want more frosting on the cake. Quick question for magicnuts. Does the whores are considered to be part of the future update or it will be considered incest with the Patreon site. I feel bad for the main character. So much love that he miss
There are no plans for them for the near future. But I myself feel slightly annoyed that he didn't get his birthday gift (the orgy) :LOL: and I think it would be nice if the tale goes full-circle and he gets to reunite with them before the game is completed. But I'm not promising anything and we'll have to see.

Last edited:

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
Hi magicnuts, I saw in the discussion that the game will be a harem? So it won't be like Summertime Sage or Milf City, where each character has their own end?

Ah, and sorry for the show. :sneaky::giggle:
Each character will have their own end. But once you have finished several characters' stories you will be able to have group events with them in a special place. I don't want to spoil more, honestly. And it's going to take us some time before we reach there. But that's the idea.

Oct 2, 2018
Huh, the hint for Serena says to look at the mirror late at night but I been doing that but she is in bed and can not select her. Is it just not triggering or does it need to be a certain late night to do it?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Grelk

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
This is an extraordinary piece of work, magicnuts -- it is better than 99% of the initial entries we see in this genre. Congratulations to you and Chestnut: please keep up the good work. (That palm-reading scene was very amusing -- probably my favourite in the intro.)

One suggestion: I appreciate this is a sandbox game where you can pursue multiple female characters simultaneously. When you finally approach the endgame, though, it would be great if you could include multiple endings that give you a chance to choose between individual girls, sets of girls, or harem-style endings. That would give the player a greater sense of agency, in terms of deciding how they want to end the story. Do they want to settle down and live happily ever after with one woman, or continue to play the field? Are they a cad, or a heroic figure?

I am headed to Patreon right now to support you under the same alias...
Thank you for your kind words, your feedback, and for supporting us!

About the multiple endings, we have one clear ending in mind. We hadn't actually thought multiple endings. But it's an interesting idea and something for us to think about/discuss.

Cheers again for the pledge!

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
Great game! Suspiciously very similar to Summertime Saga, the art, dialogue setup and the choices' appearances. Even the classic enormous boner coming up through the clothing :unsure: However this has way more potential and if Summertime Saga was used as a template/foundation you can't go wrong there, that's why they pulling in more than $60k/a month. That being said I'm definitely going to pledge to this game too. Sooooo much potential and work put into this game, gotta appreciate this artistic masterpiece in its infancy.
Thank you for your kind words, man.

4.70 star(s) 446 Votes