Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
This game is excellent in attention to detail, art, and story (for a AVN), but this is one of those cases where the final product just isn't worth the time or the money invested into it.

Taking too long to deliver "perfection" is just as bad, if not worse, than delivering mediocrity at a faster pace.
You don't have to invest money in it, I don't. And still we get to play it.

You can invest money, if you have enough, and you think they are doing a good job. If I could I would, and you can pay 2$ a month, is 24$ for 1 update. Or you can pay them a little when there is an update, or nothing at all...

They just do it for fun, not like some others 'Bones' anyone?

Reactions: cdf86 and TheDevian

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
it isn't 1950 any more where every frame is hand drawn (and even then they used layering and reused drawings to speed things up), PS and layers makes the sort of art seen here quite a quick process once the layers are done, it's not like they are making some intricate animations with 3d camera moves with changing perspective and/or character pose changes
Aah, I see.
You're obviously an expert because you watched some YT videos.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::FacePalm:
You know Chestnut has videos of her doing the work, too, right?
and I'm not completely oblivious to the offspring situation, but that excuse also can only be stretched so far
Ha ha ha, of course, yeah.
The amount of responsibility, time & care required for a child obviously drops off dramatically, after just 7 months of giving birth. :LOL:
Once the child is crawling about, you can just leave it to its business.:ROFLMAO:
You hear parents discussing how easy it becomes after 7 months, all the time! :ROFLMAO: :FacePalm:

Last edited:

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
Aah, I see.
You're obviously an expert because you watched some YT videos.
GL with that.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::FacePalm:

Ha ha ha, of course, yeah.
The amount of responsibility, time & care required for a child obviously drops off dramatically, after a few months of giving birth. You hear parents discussing how easy it is, all the time! :LOL::ROFLMAO: :FacePalm:
you lot pretend like this is some artisan level drawing here where every frame is hand drawn masterpiece, take the red pill, it will be good for you
and I'm not saying the artwork is bad, it is good, but it doesn't take hours and hours to "draw" each picture

regarding kids, if it was as bad as you make it out to be, nothing would get done in this world, imagine the horror it is when you have 2 of them, or worse - 3, 24h in a day wouldn't be enough according to you... yet somehow shit gets done all over the world

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
you lot pretend like this is some artisan level drawing here where every frame is hand drawn masterpiece, take the red pill, it will be good for you
and I'm not saying the artwork is bad, it is good, but it doesn't take hours and hours to "draw" each picture
There's a video on Patreon that shows her working, check it out.
regarding kids, if it was as bad as you make it out to be, nothing would get done in this world, imagine the horror it is when you have 2 of them, or worse - 3, 24h in a day wouldn't be enough according to you... yet somehow shit gets done all over the world
A child of 7 months old requires pretty constant attention, particularly while it's awake and starting to crawl about.
Having 2, 3, 4 other children doesn't alter that.

It's not an "excuse", it's a parental responsibility.
The baby is only 7 months old. It cannot take care of itself.
Do you honestly not understand how\why this would continue (for more than 7 months) to impact the length of time it takes to produce her art?
Having to divert her attention to the child, inevitably disrupts the focus on the work & gives licence to a delay.
I would expect, for an artist, any interruption would.
Same for Pistachio, when he's coding. Interruption = delay.

Last edited:

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
but it doesn't take hours and hours to "draw" each picture
They sporadically post WIP videos on Patreon. The most recent one is from June 23rd and is almost 17 minutes long at 5x speed. Almost an hour and a half to draw a ship for a background. Another from April is of an image of Gomira, 13 minutes at 5x speed, over an hour real-time. You are providing yet another example that the crowd that insists this dev team is taking us for a ride are getting their supporting evidence by shoving their arms to the elbow up their own asses and yanking out a turd and a chunk of intestine and then wondering why we don't take the raving lunatic waving around feces and viscera seriously.

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
They sporadically post WIP videos on Patreon. The most recent one is from June 23rd and is almost 17 minutes long at 5x speed. Almost an hour and a half to draw a ship for a background. Another from April is of an image of Gomira, 13 minutes at 5x speed, over an hour real-time. You are providing yet another example that the crowd that insists this dev team is taking us for a ride are getting their supporting evidence by shoving their arms to the elbow up their own asses and yanking out a turd and a chunk intestine and then wondering why we don't take the raving lunatic waving around feces and viscera seriously.
Yeah, there's the one that was 20 mins long (at x6 - 2hrs), creating a background character, for one scene.
"doesn't take hours" No, obviously not. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
They sporadically post WIP videos on Patreon. The most recent one is from June 23rd and is almost 17 minutes long at 5x speed. Almost an hour and a half to draw a ship for a background. Another from April is of an image of Gomira, 13 minutes at 5x speed, over an hour real-time. You are providing yet another example that the crowd that insists this dev team is taking us for a ride are getting their supporting evidence by shoving their arms to the elbow up their own asses and yanking out a turd and a chunk of intestine and then wondering why we don't take the raving lunatic waving around feces and viscera seriously.
and you are providing the most vile sort of comparison I can think of probably because you're too dumb for a civilized discussion and think it will scare someone away

1h for a random background element IS long, I don't even recall seeing any ships in the game at all, as for Gomira, then you obviously totally missed my point about layers, the first concept drawing and setting up elements takes time, that can be hours, but once it is set up, making "animation", facial expressions, even hand gestures goes much quicker, since you don't redraw everything, you adjust elements (which are on separate layers) like brows, mouth, face shape, distort, rotate, resize and blend, and there you go - from neutral Gomira you get happy Gomira or angry, and those take minutes

and it is not like there is a huge variety of character poses, they reuse a lot of stuff, pay attention and you'll start to notice that yourself

same goes for things like houses or other 3d structures you need for your backgrounds, find a stylized blender model (which there are tons around for free), comp the scene, don't even need to render, just use a camera and make a screenshot, set up your frame and copy that as a reference layer for your 2d drawing, you get highlights and shadows immediately, it is like coloring books for children, this technique is very popular for animators

techniques like these are used to speed things up and not waste hours on background elements because there are deadlines and you don't get payed if you don't do it in time, here that doesn't apply, and clowns talking about how this takes so much time is simply annoying

and even for concept art you don't have to waste tons of time, there is that thing called stable diffusion, so generating something suitable to use as reference is very easy, and there are artists doing full figure 3d sculpts from reference drawings in couple hours, not a sprite for a cartoon 2d image

edit: to be clear, I don't have problem with devs here, I see them doing these things already, or some of it, the "problem" is with those few parrots who keep on saying how incredibly time consuming, complicated and difficult this is

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Sitting here baked out of my mind I must say you are a monster .... also I think my brain went sideways after reading that.
I was trying to answer the question asked--asking if we knew. :cool:
Seriously, we get plenty of progress updates from the developers. Their lives have been quite chaotic the last year or so, so progress is a bit slow, but progress is continuing.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes