Sep 14, 2023
Anyone have any info on how much of the overall game is actually completed? Like if I don't touch the game for 5yrs will it be completed by then or is it still going to be a work in progress?
If you come back in januari 2024, we can have this discussion again, for the next 5 months....

1699269901351.png

I think Art is the most important. That's almost finished, it's the one item that takes the most time, can't really hurry that part. Of course posing is a difficult one, if during posing they find out, something doesn't go well, they highly likely will add more art or different art.

Writing is almost finished it seems, so I don't expect there to be big dialog changes. And debugging is mostly a few weeks after it's finished, to find bugs.

But still difficult to put a date to it, a few months back, it was estimated end of this year. But that end of this year is coming rather quickly...

Reactions: TheDevian

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
If you come back in januari 2024, we can have this discussion again, for the next 5 months....

View attachment 3064840

I think Art is the most important. That's almost finished, it's the one item that takes the most time, can't really hurry that part. Of course posing is a difficult one, if during posing they find out, something doesn't go well, they highly likely will add more art or different art.

Writing is almost finished it seems, so I don't expect there to be big dialog changes. And debugging is mostly a few weeks after it's finished, to find bugs.

But still difficult to put a date to it, a few months back, it was estimated end of this year. But that end of this year is coming rather quickly...
I'm not talking about the next update I'm talking about the ENTIRE GAME. like at some point in time this game will be completed right? it's not going to turn into Summertime Saga where it just NEVER ends is it?

Sep 14, 2023
I'm not talking about the next update I'm talking about the ENTIRE GAME. like at some point in time this game will be completed right? it's not going to turn into Summertime Saga where it just NEVER ends is it?
Nope no idea, I have been following this game for a few years now, and I haven't ever read anything about an end point. The game talks about 1000ths of superpowers. And if you watch the map, it could go on for a long time. Of course I hope not these long updates.

One big advantages in comparison to summertime saga is, that they choose a different girl every time, and finish a story with her. I'm not sure if they ever go back to same girl and do another story with her. So the game is finished after every update...

Apr 22, 2019
Most probably not, unless they're going to release a "Part 2" later and after a cliffhanger, or ignore 80% of the actual map.
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Reactions: SisterFucker3099

OniiichanYamete

Mar 21, 2022
Let's be honest, 1.5 years to release an update is insane. You can call me a hater but I can't believe they retain their payer base with such schedule. They lose people who liked their game and a lot of potential subscribers.

Can you imagine seeing a new game with a fresh update, liking it, checking the release history, and after that SUBSCRIBING with the understanding that the next 10-hour update would be in 2025?

This game wouldn't be completed if they didn't change their way of doing things.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Pistachio's words this evening on Discord (for context, some user was asking about when they could expect translations to be ready after the update):

I just did a new word count and the game has 220,000 words of dialogue (just dialogue and not counting all the other texts such as hints, achievements, etc.). By comparison the 0.7 today has 58,000 words (that will change before the release), so that should give you an idea.
actually now that I see 0.7 will have almost 1/3 the number of words of the previous 6 releases combined, I think you should expect translators to take some time before they have it ready, even if they're not starting from scratch, and are available+intersted.
I'm actually a bit annoyed with myself. last update I thought we should reduce the quests from 3 to 2 to make the dev time faster, and instead we ended up making 2 large ones. do I like the quests? Yes, they're cinematic and --at least to me-- fun, but 99% of those texts need posing, art, and all the other elements that take time

gameBoi1000

Nov 7, 2023
Let's be honest, 1.5 years to release an update is insane. You can call me a hater but I can't believe they retain their payer base with such schedule. They lose people who liked their game and a lot of potential subscribers.

Can you imagine seeing a new game with a fresh update, liking it, checking the release history, and after that SUBSCRIBING with the understanding that the next 10-hour update would be in 2025?

This game wouldn't be completed if they didn't change their way of doing things.
Maybe you have some spare time, get on board and help a sister out!

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022

The patreons voted for bigger updates that would take longer rather than small quick updates.
Why they voted that dumb option only god knows why.

• Angry
Reactions: jtc

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I mean to be fair to the patreons they dont probably dint expect the wait to be this long but yeah,voting for large updates when small ones were a choice makes no sense.
Small updates are better for both the fans and the devs money wise.

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
when the patreons voted for for larger updates and longer update sequences nobody expected the IRL problems, maybe even the devs didn't imagine the health problem and the baby into their schedule. If you take the reports the magicnuts have tried to counter the delay with a reshuffling of work-time, also don't forget 0.7 is a very big update (a complete arc).
From my experience a reshuffling nearly always leads to longer dev-time, but maybe that's only my opinion after working for more than 40 years in a similar field.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Larger updates are okay, but lets keep it to max 12 months. Else we get hundreds of people complaining...

But I have to say 18 months for a green orc, it's not really my thing...
Well, you know why it was that long and that won't be the norm, and give her a chance, a lot of characters I don't like at first, but sometimes their story will change your mind. I didn't like the woodcutter's wife either, but her story was still fun, and I like her better now.

• Angry
Reactions: destroyerofassholes
Sep 14, 2023
Well, you know why it was that long and that won't be the norm, and give her a chance, a lot of characters I don't like at first, but sometimes their story will change your mind. I didn't like the woodcutter's wife either, but her story was still fun, and I like her better now.
Yeh totally, I always mention the drunk elf lady, I didn't like her, but after her quests I really loved her. So we will see how this one goes...

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes