sudieken

Apr 26, 2017
patreon gets a cut. goobermint gets a cut. nobody here will ever know what they're really making but it's nowhere near 7k USD. Reminder that Patreon is a US based company so at some point USD will be involved in the finances.
"nowhere near" is a huge exaggeration though. you make it sound like half their money disappears. there are some transparent creators who post their financials and you lose around 20% after taxes, commission, currency conversions, and transaction fees. so at $7,500 per month they're getting around $6,000.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
"nowhere near" is a huge exaggeration though. you make it sound like half their money disappears. there are some transparent creators who post their financials and you lose around 20% after taxes, commission, currency conversions, and transaction fees. so at $7,500 per month they're getting around $6,000.
They're in Europe. Taxes etc. are more than 20% around here.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dgxsu and _Gaalec_

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
When 'A mother's love' puts out more updates... that should tell you there's a problem.
I mean it's pretty much always been about a year in between updates, since patreon asked for big updates instead of small periodic updates, which is honestly pretty normal for a lot of other games on this site. Then they had a kid halfway through the update which made it take twice as long. The wait is annoying, but the good news is they end up doing most of that characters planned content per update. I'm more annoyed at the fact the main quest keeps losing the polls.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
Finished this game yersterday, I was kind of surprised how fast I got the message that I can't continue a romance with a character because art is not available yet for a 4 years old game. 1 scene with Holly, Celestina, Maple? 2 scenes only with Princess Serena? Only Myrtle, Rose, Lana have a few scenes... Also wish Rose blowjob was on her human form and not her Demon form. Anyway cool game overall but the content is very lacking imo and at this rate Princes Serena will get pregnant in 2032.
Mrytle was when they started doing the long updates because their patrons asked for it. Now they do one big update mostly focus on one girl, but finishes that girl's route and most of their content. Holly is the going to be the update after this one,

Reactions: throaway2835

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I mean it's pretty much always been about a year in between updates, since patreon asked for big updates instead of small periodic updates, which is honestly pretty normal for a lot of other games on this site. Then they had a kid halfway through the update which made it take twice as long. The wait, but the goodness is the end up doing most of that characters planned content. I'm more annoyed at the fact the main quest keeps losing the polls.
Don't forget the other guy's two trips to the hospital as well. Been a rough couple of years.

thhawk1

Apr 25, 2017
Every time I try to save I get this error.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4151, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1100, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 435, in save
location.save(slotname, sr)
File "renpy/savelocation.py", line 435, in save
raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.9.2142
What a Legend 0.6.02
Tue Feb 27 17:58:57 2024

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Every time I try to save I get this error.
I'm no Ren'Py expert, but I would assume it's a permission issue. Make sure your current user has full access to your game's directory, and also to %APPDATA%\RenPy -- but to this one you always should full access to, unless you've changed it.

Deleted member 289409

Nov 12, 2017
I just hope no one lets you do their taxes. $7,500 a month falls under the 22% tax bracket in the US.
So if they lived in the US that would be $1650 a month in taxes, an 8% Patreon fee of $600 a month and transaction fees would average around $225 a month that leaves around $5025, that's if they live in the US but they live in Spain and their taxes are higher although not by much it would leave them with $4988 or 4619.21€.

nexopi

May 9, 2020
I just hope no one lets you do their taxes. $7,500 a month falls under the 22% tax bracket in the US.
So if they lived in the US that would be $1650 a month in taxes, an 8% Patreon fee of $600 a month and transaction fees would average around $225 a month that leaves around $5025, that's if they live in the US but they live in Spain and their taxes are higher although not by much it would leave them with $4988 or 4619.21€.
Did you just multiply $7500 by 0.22 to get $1650? You should google how marginal rates work before scolding other users on their knowledge of taxes.

Cro

May 10, 2017
The 22% bracket doesn't apply to all the 7500. Let's say there's a fictional 11% until 7000. You will pay 11% of 7000 and 22% ON THE DIFFERENCE.

Otherwise it's stupid... you win 4999 vs 5001 and end up with way less money :)

Reactions: CJlOHNK and crackad

ScionDayne

Jun 2, 2022
Guess what guys? No one gives a damn about taxes. This is what happens when nerds get stuck in a circular reference that has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. And that issue is that this dev cycle sucks.

Now whether your a fan boy and want to justify this bs going on and on about how 'Oh but the dev had this issue or that issue' so you can feel good about holding on to your fav characters body pillow at night... hey more power to you. OR if you're actually not just a simp and are smart about where you put your resources (unlike some who actually invest in this) OR if you just don't give a damn cuz at the end of the day it's free here.... Good on you bro for putting your money into things that actually provide dividends more than once per year or are just putting this in your rear view until the next free update comes along ... whenver the hell that may be.

But that doesn't change the fact that the lack of updates is wild and so are the people trying to excuse it.

neglection

Aug 22, 2022
It's sad that this game didn't received any update in the last year. I played without any expectations and left thirsty for more... I was looking forward for more Holly content but.. Well, that's life.

Reactions: BSsummerG
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes