moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
The workflow at this point is mostly playing the game as it is, over and over again, while taking note of the imperfections and improvable elements of dialogue and posing (the arms, eyes, and mouth gestures, mainly), then redoing those things and replaying the game once again to check if this time they got it right. If you'd really take a closer look at the numbers in the daily progress charts, you'd see how the % stays almost the same but only because a couple of new tasks got added and done every day. Then, of course, those who are already on the 'negationist' side will say devs are either lying about it or working about half an hour per day at most, so it's rather pointless to keep arguing.

LewdLife

Jan 31, 2021
The workflow at this point is mostly playing the game as it is, over and over again, while taking note of the imperfections and improvable elements of dialogue and posing (the arms, eyes, and mouth gestures, mainly), then redoing those things and replaying the game once again to check if this time they got it right. If you'd really take a closer look at the numbers in the daily progress charts, you'd see how the % stays almost the same but only because a couple of new tasks got added and done every day. Then, of course, those who are already on the 'negationist' side will say devs are either lying about it or working about half an hour per day at most, so it's rather pointless to keep arguing.
Ya everything will be clear WHEN update is released

Jarcar

Oct 6, 2018
I used to be big fun of this game. I liked their approach that they were honestly showing their progress. Still, it's been almost 2 years from an update. It is definitely too long. Especially when you take into consideration that it is just a normal one. It is not like that they are going to finish this game in this one or during the next one. I am not surprised that some people feel scammed, after such a long time geting tag as ,,abondoned'' is definitely deserved.

nevt2050ptr

Oct 28, 2018
Whether you think this game is a scam or not, it's pretty clear that something duplicitous, if not outright nefarious is happening behind the scenes. Either they are deliberately slowing the pace of development or (more likely imo) they have been lying about the amount of work they've put in during the last few months. There just isn't any other explanation for how they've been able to complete 90% of a chapter in around a year, and the remaining 10% takes an entire additional year.
This is state of progress from year ago
1678172390329.png

They hit 90% around December
progress-wal.png

Next time check your info before you spread misinformation.

shazamyne

Jul 11, 2023
Whether you think this game is a scam or not, it's pretty clear that something duplicitous, if not outright nefarious is happening behind the scenes. Either they are deliberately slowing the pace of development or (more likely imo) they have been lying about the amount of work they've put in during the last few months. There just isn't any other explanation for how they've been able to complete 90% of a chapter in around a year, and the remaining 10% takes an entire additional year.
It looks a lot more like an analogue of feature creep to me. When you're constantly expanding and altering what you want the end result to be, you tend to get endless delays. That, and the 80/20 rule: the first 80 percent of the work takes 20 percent of the time and the last 20 percent take up 80 percent of the time. These two common project management pitfalls can very easily kill an overly ambitious project.

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
I simply don't understand how 5% can take two months.[...]
You had a small misunderstanding between work and time consumed, the 5% is not the time based, it's the amount of completion. It's usual that development goes slower to the end, the time flow's not linear. Please read the post of moskyx and shazamyne, they have explained this phenomena very well.

Reactions: TREXrg

HPRyder

Oct 15, 2017
Wonder if the update went through... *checks page*
>Abandoned View attachment 3413607
Oh hey, I guess it's my turn to explain this. The abandoned tag is applied after an arbitrary amount of time with no game updates, regardless of dev activity. The last dev report was 4 days ago and the game is still very much in development, the tag will be removed whenever the update comes out.

abc123xyz

Jul 7, 2019
I used to be big fun of this game. I liked their approach that they were honestly showing their progress. Still, it's been almost 2 years from an update. It is definitely too long. Especially when you take into consideration that it is just a normal one. It is not like that they are going to finish this game in this one or during the next one. I am not surprised that some people feel scammed, after such a long time geting tag as ,,abondoned'' is definitely deserved.
If you took half a second to read the dev's public posts about why it's been so long. Between multiple surgeries and time spent in the hospital and having a child in the mean time, it's understandable. They've been back to work on the game for a few months now. But random crybabies on pirate forums will be random crybabies.

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
NOOO, TWO YEARS A MEMBER AND HIS FIRST POST IS A TROLL POST :D
Ok, more serious, this has explained now for so many times last time was only two post above yours. And before you wonder why i say you are here for two years, the time flows different in F95, for some member 18 month are equal to two years.

FreelancerFL

Jul 23, 2017
Oh hey, I guess it's my turn to explain this. The abandoned tag is applied after an arbitrary amount of time with no game updates, regardless of dev activity. The last dev report was 4 days ago and the game is still very much in development, the tag will be removed whenever the update comes out.
If it's a fixed amount of inactivity time it's not arbitrary but OK bud.
Even SR7 is better at cranking out updates.

Reactions: gojira667

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
If it's a fixed amount of inactivity time it's not arbitrary but OK bud.
Even SR7 is better at cranking out updates.
It is arbitrary because the 18 months mark was decided by the forum staff for no other reason than their own judgement, no matter what the particular circumstances of each game are. But why 18 months and not 15, or 20? That's the arbitrary element.

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
If you took half a second to read the dev's public posts about why it's been so long. Between multiple surgeries and time spent in the hospital and having a child in the mean time, it's understandable. They've been back to work on the game for a few months now. But random crybabies on pirate forums will be random crybabies.
Personally, I think the surgeries and the new baby only account for half of the delay. The other half is ambition. Bloat. The constant need for every update to be bigger and better than the last. Its something I started noticing in this project long before the Gomira update. I'd wager the update would still have taken well over a year even without the personal problems.

fusibile87

Jun 28, 2020
You had a small misunderstanding between work and time consumed, the 5% is not the time based, it's the amount of completion. It's usual that development goes slower to the end, the time flow's not linear. Please read the post of moskyx and shazamyne, they have explained this phenomena very well.
I get what you are saying, but it's kinda a faulty system.
1) people gonna think it's gonna be time-based because they care about time, not tasks. They wanna now when the update will be ready. If after 3 months you say it's 50% ready, they are gonna think "another 3 months and it's ready" and not "let's see the tasks done... more difficult tasks are still here, so it will take 9 months".
2) the number of tasks looks... quite arbitrary to me? They keep adding and adding them... seems kinda sketchy honestly. That's what i meant when i said the devs need to speed up and deliver the update in one month. Stop adding tasks. Simply set a number and be happy with that.

FreelancerFL

Jul 23, 2017
It is arbitrary because the 18 months mark was decided by the forum staff for no other reason than their own judgement, no matter what the particular circumstances of each game are. But why 18 months and not 15, or 20? That's the arbitrary element.
Yeah after over a year of inactivity I would assume the project was canceled too, but IDK not my circus not my monkeys.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes