What are your Instant Uninstall Kinks?

Crooked13th

Jan 24, 2022
I came upon a few comments here and there with the gist of "If I found X kink in this game or saw it in a screenshot, it's an instant uninstall. Even if it's avoidable". And that's perfectly fine, but it got me thinking. What is your "instant uninstall" line in adult games in terms of included kinks/themes? And does it matter if said kink was avoidable/toggleable in the game or not?

For myself, there aren't many, because I already won't bother to download an adult game if the main theme and kinks are not my preference, so this tends to weed out false positives. But even so, things slip through the cracks. So, an "instant uninstall"? Well, a pet peeve of mine is having a narrative focused game force the MC into an active role in non consensual sex scenes. That completely changes the characterization of the MC and the story, if it's unavoidable. I can only tolerate it if it's avoidable, or something you can toggle off before playing.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Personally I don't play any game that has a tag of the disgusting category, for example: scat, gore, vomit, horror and stuff like that.

If I see the image and I get all kind of feelings except arousal then for sure I don't want to play anything that is near that, this is my line.

But that's about it, if I find any of those tags I don't need help to find the exit, it doesn't matter if it's avoidable, optional or even one scene, I don't want any risk here.

Crooked13th

Jan 24, 2022
Personally I don't play any game that has a tag of the disgusting category, for example: scat, gore, vomit, horror and stuff like that.

If I see the image and I get all kind of feelings except arousal then for sure I don't want to play anything that is near that, this is my line.

But that's about it, if I find any of those tags I don't need help to find the exit, it doesn't matter if it's avoidable, optional or even one scene, I don't want any risk here.
That's fair. I mean, I don't like the that category of kinks either, but I mostly find it in games focused around it, so I never end up installing them anyway. But I guess if I found them listed as avoidable kinks in a game that otherwise checked most of my boxes, I'd be willing to gamble. But I get your aversion to the whole thing anyway.

Crooked13th

Jan 24, 2022
Shota/loli/or underage . Instant uninstall, no questions asked. Hell...I don't think I'll ever download them on the first place.

The others...depend if they're avoidable. But my red line is that.
You know what? I think it was a similar comment from you in some post or other that prompted me to make this post lol. But I totally get it. I guess the genres I am often interested in don't invite shota/loli though, because I very rarely if ever find them in games I am remotely interested in. But it's good to know where your lines are regardless.

Reactions: Rafster

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
Gay. It's not a politics thing or anything like that, and I have zero trouble with it if the tag is listed and I don't install in the first place, it's just one of those 'this game was not made for me' things when gay scenes show up out of the blue.

Reactions: obibobi

DiviDreamer

Aug 29, 2020
I didn't know that slav, politics and especially DAZ games
is a kinks now)
/Oh yea DAZ render me more hot slutty unrealistic 3d models... i know you want it/ =)

• Haha
Reactions: mrmcfappen

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
For me there's a huge question of whether the kink is avoidable or not. If a fetish/kink I don't enjoy is avoidable I just ignore it: it's not there, no reason to stop playing.

If it's unavoidable than I would say scat/vomit/graphic gore are instant uninstall. Oh, and censorship of course. If I somehow missed that the game was censored, the moment I'll see a single pixilated image it's bye bye game.

Futa is "two strikes and you're out" for me.

Last edited:

Crooked13th

Jan 24, 2022
Oh, and censorship of course. If I somehow missed that the game was censored, the moment I'll see a single pixilated image it's bye bye game.
That's a good one. It's one of the reasons I gravitated away from most Japanese VNs. The censorship is just so irksome. And so immensely stupid, considering how wildly explicit the material remains to be.

Futa is "two strikes and you're out" for me.
Unless.. the game opens with a Futa threesome scene, eh? Points for efficiency!

• Haha
Reactions: Doorknob22

hamburjer

Mar 31, 2021
Loli/shota, bestiality, anything disgusting/grotesque, and anything that goes under cruelty or just general mean-ness type kink. Like cheating, abuse, bigotry or just making sadness and misery show up in a plotline I cannot vibe with, ig the most I can go with there is some more vulgar dirty talk towards the player character but yeah nah!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rafster

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Unavoidable rape (forced physical violation), except if it's explicitly a core part of the game.
Shemale/futa/cuntboy etc. if they're unavoidable.
Unavoidable M/M.
Unavoidable furry.
Unavoidable fart fetish.
Too much of the above, even if they're avoidable, unless the game is meticulous at cutting them out completely.
Underage loli.
"Retard in lechertown" trope.
"Falls in love with big dick at first sight" trope.

Crooked13th

Jan 24, 2022
"Retard in lechertown" trope.
"Falls in love with big dick at first sight" trope.
That actually reminds me of one instant uninstall: Overly trope'd games.

And ok, most adult games struggle with overused tropes at this stage, but some of them take this to the next next level. From the first line of text, tropes are established, and every other line establishes even more of them. That just takes me completely out of it. And feels like I am listening to the dev's very rough and poorly worded first draft, instead of attributing the lines to the characters.