What do you miss the most in adult games?

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
I agree, this thing is the most missing, in my opinion. The only thing that keeps players in a game is nude girls and sex, and some minimal gameplay to pull it all together. I think, gameplay that is interesting by itself, plus sex and some interesting corruption system, will be the bomb in the industry.
Well, Subverse did quite well with their fundraiser. Some of the most memorable adult games for people (who have played them) are games like Sengoku Rance and Bunny Black. There is definitively (also) a market for such games (in the west). Not just the dime a dozen RPGmaker games (there are some good ones in between).

*Rant* The bad RPGmaker games I'm refering to as being a dime a dozen. Is the japanese games with a female heroine who ventures into a dungeon, leading the core mechanics of the game to reward playing badly, so as to get the lossing CG. It's a bad game mechanic. I don't know what it is about the Japanese and their need to "hunt" dicks/tentacles in all shapes and forms as a female in RPGmaker. I think the ratio is around 90%–10% female–male protagonists in the rpgmaker games on dlsite. Should we take out those which features boys and very "feminine" "men" instead of actual men. Then the ratio is completely down the drain for male protagonists. *End of rant*

I think, it's possible the VN's have become a bit of a catch 22. People relatively new to development interested in making adult games. Sees that the market is saturated with VN's, thinking this is what people want.

*More ranting* I understand there are others, who think it an easy way to milk people with little to no work. I cannot be convinced, it's with any passion the games from those developers are made. Displaying 8th grade writting skills and venturing into the same stale tropes on the most superficial level. The characters are as hollow as cardboard and just as "dimensional".
*End if that ranting*

SO YOU ARE SAYING ALL OF THEM BAD? No, I never said that hypothetical person asking me this question. What I'm trying to say is, that I think it's possible some (not all) of the developers, who are genuinely interested in making adult game–games. Chooses instead to make a VN, not because of a lack of skill on their behalf, but because of a misinterpretation of the market and in turn adding to the pile. Maybe this is the same thing happening with the Japanese market?

Cheers and kind regards from Hajtand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max Craving

EnsenL

Jun 10, 2017
Actually, now that I think about it there is one more than that bothers me. Harem games, in general, are fine, but when there's like 10+ characters to romance the effort on each one goes down and the characters lose their individuality. It just feels like they copy/paste the script and change a few things. Some games do it very well, but most just seem very bland and repetitive in general.

Jul 7, 2019
I'll just copy and paste this from my profile:

A real time 3d game with the following: Ultimate scene in a game for me would be my character receiving a handjob while the female giving my character the handjob is constantly teasing me with her mouth open and tongue out, barely inches from my characters dick head begging my character to shoot the largest load my character has ever shot onto her tongue! This continues until my character can no longer hold back and does just what the female asks and shoots a huge load all on her tongue while the female looks my character in the eye!

First real time 3d game that has a scene with that will be getting top tier patreon/subscribestar support from me!

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
What i miss the most is games that dont go beyond 0.1 version.. there are so many games introduced at 0.1 and then you never get another update.. So your forever stuck with games 0.1 version.

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
- Lesbian content in general (No performances, no distraction for otherwise straight characters, no MFF threesomes!)
- More specific: Stories about a woman who used to be straight, ideally a milf, turned lesbian by a powerful lesbian character. In that case, the first time she feels attraction to a woman should be dramatic and life-changing, NOT casually trying something new.
- Interesting settings: Steampunk, cyberpunk, mythology, science-fiction or fantasy. Not some boring present day environment.
- Powerful and relevant characters. Not trivial boring family McAverage.
- Female protagonists capable of easily butchering any attempted rapist. If someone tries to rape an armored woman in a fantasy world, I expect him to be torn to a pile of bloody pieces within the next five seconds. No other outcome possible. And if it's ten guys trying to rape her, the only difference is the size of the bloody pile.
Understood, thanks!

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Personally I would be happy if games were just consequent, I mean, give the characters a personality and follow through it, if a girl is a lesbian don't make her have sex with the male MC, unless you at some point can get a magic to mind control people or something that is outside the box, a dominant character don't want to be treated like a pet, things like that.

And if I can dream... stop with the optional stuff, give your game a personality and make things avoidable rather than optional, the main difference is that when it is avoidable it means that it is part of the game, it has mechanics and it will happen if you don't do anything.

Every time I see "options" so that x scene happens or not it's kind of... personally I like seeds of chaos, but having every single scene optional kills the mood for me, I would love a mode in which we take that stupid part and only maintain options that make sense.
What do you mean in the last part? Can you be more specific please?

ItsEricBoi

Sep 13, 2017

A real time 3d game with the following: Ultimate scene in a game for me would be my character receiving a handjob while the female giving my character the handjob is constantly teasing me with her mouth open and tongue out, barely inches from my characters dick head begging my character to shoot the largest load my character has ever shot onto her tongue! This continues until my character can no longer hold back and does just what the female asks and shoots a huge load all on her tongue while the female looks my character in the eye!

First real time 3d game that has a scene with that will be getting top tier patreon/subscribestar support from me!
You sick fuck :LOL:

• Angry
Reactions: Masked Rider EROS

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Personally I would be happy if games were just consequent, I mean, give the characters a personality and follow through it, if a girl is a lesbian don't make her have sex with the male MC, unless you at some point can get a magic to mind control people or something that is outside the box, a dominant character don't want to be treated like a pet, things like that.

And if I can dream... stop with the optional stuff, give your game a personality and make things avoidable rather than optional, the main difference is that when it is avoidable it means that it is part of the game, it has mechanics and it will happen if you don't do anything.

Every time I see "options" so that x scene happens or not it's kind of... personally I like seeds of chaos, but having every single scene optional kills the mood for me, I would love a mode in which we take that stupid part and only maintain options that make sense.
I will just watch!!!

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017

Okay :D
Is it have to be 3d?

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
A normal relaxing date with flowers and candies. Then a breakout at the prison and all the prison guards are slaughtered and murdered. Then the hero arrives and has sex with all the female inmates. Ohhh My god never mind .. I was fuckin' bored. But Hell that can pump some ideas into the producers of these Great games...

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
A normal relaxing date with flowers and candies. Then a breakout at the prison and all the prison guards are slaughtered and murdered. Then the hero arrives and has sex with all the female inmates. Ohhh My god never mind .. I was fuckin' bored. But Hell that can pump some ideas into the producers of these Great games...
Is it one story or several? :D

Jun 26, 2018
I don't know if this counts, but nothing drives me more crazy then when your playing a eroge/anime visual novel that SEEMS to be going in one direction then suddenly just drops the ball and either doesn't present you with what you expected/hope for or it does but in such a way that it turns you off.

For example, I remember playing a game by Tinkerbell which featured a women having sex with a horse which I wanted to see because she was super cute and it seemed so wrong. But when I got to it, she is literally killed by it as the screen fills with blood. It was not what I expected and did nothing to turn me on (I'm not into gore/snuff lol) I've seen enough rule34 to know anime girls love horse fucking and don't die! rofl....

Other times I will be reading a story (sexy story lol) and it will building to something then BOOM drops or completely under utilizes ideas it introduced earlier.

I recall one visual novel that spent the entire time trying to avoid pregnancy, then the last 2/3 of it you do everything in your power to get the/a girl pregnant. It ends with you getting her pregnant "for sure" but never shows it or proves that you did with an epilogue or follow up sex scene with her pregnant.

Its like all this build up without the pay off or proof that you suceeded. Screaming I'm going to get prengant! doesn't count/not how that works lol.

Its like why base the entire game around a theme/about pregnancy then never show any of the characters pregnant!?

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
I don't know if this counts, but nothing drives me more crazy then when your playing a eroge/anime visual novel that SEEMS to be going in one direction then suddenly just drops the ball and either doesn't present you with what you expected/hope for or it does but in such a way that it turns you off.

For example, I remember playing a game by Tinkerbell which featured a women having sex with a horse which I wanted to see because she was super cute and it seemed so wrong. But when I got to it, she is literally killed by it as the screen fills with blood. It was not what I expected and did nothing to turn me on (I'm not into gore/snuff lol) I've seen enough SFM videos to know anime girls love that horse fucking and don't die! rofl....

Other times I will be reading a story (sexy story lol) and it will building to something then BOOM drops or completely under utilizes ideas it introduced earlier.

I recall one visual novel that spent the entire time trying to avoid pregnancy, then the last 2/3 of it you do everything in your power to get the/a girl pregnant. It ends with you getting her pregnant "for sure" but never shows it or proves that you did with an epilogue or follow up sex scene with her pregnant.

Its like all this build up without the pay off or proof that you suceeded. Screaming I'm going to get prengant! doesn't count/not how that works lol.

Its like why base the entire game around a theme/about pregnancy then never show any of the characters pregnant!?
How 'bout not fuckin' with people and move on!!

Jun 26, 2018
How 'bout not fuckin' with people and move on!!
You mean like when you get NTR in a game? I don't think I've played a adult game before where I can't have sex with a character...I suppose NTR thats the point but usually you start by fucking them until you can't.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Fact's of life bud. Ya get what ya can and fuck everybody else!

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
What do you mean in the last part? Can you be more specific please?
Sure, the game is kind of dark and it was meant so that we had to choose between evil and lesser evil, however that feeling doesn't follow into the sex scenes.

For example in the prologue at the end you got the choice to pleasure Jezera, Andras or no one. If we followed the game logic, choosing no one would mean that both of them would give you a lesson, not that nothing happens.

Another example is when you get into the castle, if our hero was a bit logical wouldn't try to mess things up by trying to meet Alexia and it would make sense that the first scene between Alexia and Andras would be unavoidable.

With this I mean that the game gives a weird "window" so that the player may escape from a certain situation and this kind of opposes the whole theme, things like that.