What do you name your characters?

Anon1336

Dec 4, 2018
When ever you get a choice to name your character what do you choose?

Personally I don't like naming them after myself as it feels weird so I usually name them Tom. Sometimes, every once in a while they ask for a last name, and I can't help myself but name my characters Tom Hanks. Every time, in all these games, Tom Hanks is doing unspeakable things.

Crossett

Sep 23, 2017
Depends on the setting a lot, plus what kind of character it is. Most of the time I try to be original. Except if I can start with a curvy woman who can dress up and act real slutty, I generally pick a suitable humiliating bimbo/stripper name. Bland male visual novel characters with no real personality that I can't be bothered with I've stuck with "Derek" for a while. Think its since I called a total douche mc Derek Dreg once, and it stuck.

If a game won't even tell me the MC's gender, I name them Kim. Works either way.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Conquestus

DaFirst

Sep 9, 2017
Emily or Elliah for female and Joy for male. Surname tends to be all over the place but lately i started using Grimm. Oh also female name Ethana for those more fantasy like settings. Yeah... i like those E names.

Reactions: Conquestus

Conquestus

Modder
Jun 17, 2018
Lol, whenever I'm looking for a nice name for some char, I'm going to: <- This site is gold! xD

• Haha
Reactions: JRD

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
funny story, but my first renpy game was long live the princess on android so as with android ports sometimes typing your characters name can be pretty buggy with the key board and such
my characters default name was dickon lift VII but when trying to delete the default name i couldnt see what i was doing so just ended up pressing go and my character's name ended up being dickonlske and thats the name i stuck with for every renpy game from then on

SpoiledPrince

Apr 23, 2019
Mine is "Author´s (name) SelfInsert (surname)" or "GaryStu", when they just ask for a name.

And it´s actually correct 90% of the times :cool:

Mar 23, 2020
My own name, unless I'm playing as a futa, girl or femboy. Then I usually go with dmitrys characters for some reason.

Klaabu

Feb 19, 2019
If PC is male - I allways use name MAX RAPE. It gives some funny dialogues

Female NPC : Whats you name hansome?
MC : Max Rape
Female NPC : Wau. What a lovely name.

Sorry my Engrish.

Reactions: BUCCO

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
You guys are at least creative! I'm Johnson.

Wait, I need a last name in this game?! Errr, I'm Johnson Johnson!

Peak imagination.

Reactions: BUCCO