What makes you angry about the adult gaming community in general?

obibobi

May 10, 2017
what gets me the most , is people trying to tell Dev.s how to make their games ,, i mean if you hate what the Dev.s are making , come up with your own game and watch people bitch to you on what they want and don't want ... see how happy its makes you ...
Actually people should tell some devs how to make their games.

You are being dramatic, more often when people tell the dev what they want it's because they like the game overall or see potential in it.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Actually people should tell some devs how to make their games.

You are being dramatic, more often when people tell the dev what they want it's because they like the game overall or see potential in it.
Little different scenario.

For example Dev making game in 3Dcg and with femaleprotagonist and then come guy saying hey it's not a bad game But I will change this: 2D cartoon game with male protagonist and game will be awesome!

And that's really happening and it's pretty common.

Last edited:

Oh my

Dec 25, 2019
If we wanted to destroy the mom/son incest niche, here's what we could do:

1) Introduce more characters: maybe encourage the harem fetish or threesome fetish to this end.
+1 = 50%
+2 = 33%
+3 = 25%
+4 = 20%
+5 = 16.7%
+6 = 14.3%
etc...
Even without the inclusion of other elements of the story, as we can see here, the amount of time allotted to a particular character is greatly reduced due to opportunity cost.
Opportunity cost also effects production time.
As incest is a taboo, which is a difficult barrier to whittle away, they will have to rely on half-assed elements to gloss over this process, like aliens, mind control, drugs, demonic powers, etc..., to convince viewers how MC fucked his mom after 3 conversations.
Let's see what else we can do:

2) Add even more fetishes to further constrict interest groups.
Fetishes are a set {a, b, c, d, e, ...}
The mom is a very specific character, and there is only 1 per VN that may feature her.
The more fetishes you add to the mom, the more specific interest groups become: which reduces the size of the interest group.
Since the only winners here are the small set of people that also have said fetishes, this greatly constrains interest groups and thus greatly reduces viewership.
Carrying on:

3) Representation of the character.
If the character doesn't even look like what the character is supposed to represent, we'll have put the final nail in the coffin.
A) Make moms look like 18 year old girls. (don't cater to the mom/son demographic at all)
B) Make moms look like an hourglass caricature of a mother. (insult them and cater to a small segment)
C) Make moms taller than their sons. (insult them further and repel people who have a brain)
D) Launch her sides/pouch/belly into orbit. (can't be a mom is she's never been pregnant)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All of this would all but destroy the mom/son genre in the industry.
If we wouldn't be able to destroy it, then these measures should be sufficient.

Ladies and gentlemen: mom/son content in this industry!

This industry caters to those who have the most possible fetishes.
And it definitely doesn't cater to the mom/son demographic.
As it stands, random internet videos and images and imagination is vastly superior.

Last edited:

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Little different scenario.

For example Dev making game in 3Dcg and with femaleprotagonist and then come guy saying hey it's not a bad game But I will change this: 2D cartoon game with male protagonist and game will be awesome!

And that's really happening and it's pretty common.
Can you point to a single ongoing game where this is a common request?

I doubt it, don't exaggerate problems. Just look at the threads for most ongoing games to see people discussing what they would like added without fundamentally changing the game

• Angry
Reactions: ForgottenMan1

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017

I doubt it, don't exaggerate problems. Just look at the threads for most ongoing games to see people discussing what they would like added without fundamentally changing the game
That was just example. Just look into thread of non incest games, where players usually saying hey let son fuck his mom. And better aunt and everybody in his familly dog and cat included.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

Dracula Belmont

Prince of Darkness
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
That was just example. Just look into thread of non incest games, where players usually saying hey let son fuck his mom. And better aunt and everybody in his familly dog and cat included.
Major problem is the community low standards and expectations from adult games this allows lazy developers to milk their patreons while more competent and talented devs gets shit upon every single mistake then you can see all this anger over these lazy devs because their games are better and yet some hillbilly is making higher profit because of community low expectations, I have noticed how often ren'py creators are using blatantly stolen assets and for god know reason the community is absolute fine with it as long as it has incest, bestiality and NTR.

Personally, I also hate fanboyism and they attack others who don't agree with their opinions I've seen it on many games with controversial developers who are not even hiding their scummy practices and openly are milking their fanbase and yet you will get harassed by them if you dare to give less than 4 stars to their beloved game. I expected better behaviour from adult community, but it pains me to see when grown adults behave worse than 16 yrs old teens.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

Sure.

This is from Salting the Earth, a fem protag lesbian game.

Cool game. It would be a BILLION times better is the protagonist was a male human, elf, dwarf, demigod, or whatever. still cool though.
And in practically every female protag game there is at least 1 person whining it's not a male protag.

There is one guy currently in Dog Days of Summer whining that a lesbian game isn't focused on men.

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Constant whining about NTR. I find it's very annoying how some people complain about NTR, name call people who are fans of it, and go lengthy as pressuring developers to change their games to dump NTR content. Look what happened to Become a rock star game recently. Its developer removed one scene that gives this NTR vibe (it's not even a NTR scene) because many people didn't like it as it gives this NTR vibe (he might have his personal reasons too). I think it's very strange, I thought adult gaming community is a very open minded community, but no they are far from that. There is this female user in our discord group, and she claimed how some users here name called her because of her lifestyle, and that's just one of the stories. I feel like majority of users in adult gaming community gives the vibe of Incels. I am saying like that because I get the same feeling from Incel, and some right wing (like voat) forums. Have you ever noticed some people even complain about freedom of speech here? I see the same thing in right wing websites. They constantly complain about freedom of speech, and how their opinions are censored etc.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Sure.

This is from Salting the Earth, a fem protag lesbian game.

And in practically every female protag game there is at least 1 person whining it's not a male protag.

There is one guy currently in Dog Days of Summer whining that a lesbian game isn't focused on men.
So you where wrong, I asked for a common request, not a single example, this thread was for community issues, not complaining about a single comment. Then the singular example you use is a guy saying he would have liked other things but is still cool with what exists s, it's not even close to the thing that was claimed to be common.

If anything I actually consider the person in the wrong you for thinking there's issue with a civil comment like that

Oh right, someone say's they don't like female content, my counter examples

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-4-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/page-3060

https://f95zone.to/threads/timestamps-unconditional-love-v1-0-pe-p1-motkeyz.5949/

https://f95zone.to/threads/lust-epidemic-v1-0-nlt-media.15687/

You'll find hundreds if not thousands of comments on practically every page praising the games and saying what things they like and what changes they would like, a lot more common.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So you where wrong, I asked for a common request, not a single example, this thread was for community issues, not complaining about a single comment. Then the singular example you use is a guy saying he would have liked other things but is still cool with what exists s, it's not even close to the thing that was claimed to be common.

If anything I actually consider the person in the wrong you for thinking there's issue with a civil comment like that

Oh right, someone say's they don't like female content, my counter examples

https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-4-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/page-3060

https://f95zone.to/threads/timestamps-unconditional-love-v1-0-pe-p1-motkeyz.5949/

https://f95zone.to/threads/lust-epidemic-v1-0-nlt-media.15687/

You'll find hundreds if not thousands of comments on practically every page praising the games and saying what things they like and what changes they would like, a lot more common.
I pointed out 1 post of a common theme, I can't go through every single post hating female protags the thread would be spammed.

No shit people like games they enjoy, how does that counter the issue?

It doesn't.

Not even close.

You missed the point entirely.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Discussion:
Every week a new NTR Topic.

Games:
Stupid Tag usage (single scenes are no reason to tag a game with lesbian)

Tech/Support:
The notification links for user reactions are broken since a few months and the staff still sleeps...

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
I'm still daily seeing:
"tits to big fuk dis gaem"
"omg her tits are so unrealistic how can you even like this"
"balloons"
"id like this game if her tits werent so big"
"make tits smaller dev"
"i just came to complain about tits"

Reactions: Ying Ko

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018