What would you want to see in an extremely dark fantasy RPG?

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
Anyone ever read "How to Build a Dungeon: Book of the Demon King"?

Features a protagonist who seeks revenge on a kingdom and creates a dungeon and forces,corrupts,brainwashes and such various women over the course of the story. One example includes imprisoning a party of adventures and using the budding romance between the male party member and one of the women to turn her to his side. He transforms into him and screws her and confirms the romance and then slowly turns back into himself over a number of congical visits. Until she believes the protagonist is the man she loves and her party member is the demon lord they were sent after. Then he has her cut off his head and ressurects him to act as the headless guardian of the dungeon.

Or "Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi"?

To punish a character the MC turns him into a woman and then turns all his troops into sex crazed rapists. Icing on the cake, he sets fire to the house they're in. So "she" is slowly being burned alive as she's also being raped to death.

My point here is if you're going to call it an "extremely dark" story. Make it exremely dark, don't just shove some hardcore fetishes in there.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Back

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
I'm the writer and programmer but am just looking for ideas/what people would want to see.

Some things that I know I would like to include
-female protagonist
-humiliation themes
-pregnancy
-heavy amounts of bestiality

Also, thinking about not including combat because a lot of the time, combat just seems to be tacked on.

Art assets will be done in 2d maybe with animations for sex, but most likely CG.
I would have rape, blackmail, some sort of manipulation that ties into a larger plot. But I think most important ingredient is false hope. This could be a guy (Guy A) raping a girl and letting her escape. Then to her horror she finds out he has the law in his palm dancing to his tune. Another possibility is she gets away and raises the kid with another guy (Guy B) only to find out that Guy A has been tracking her all along and has been slowly manipulating the kid to turn against her.

If you want bestiality you can have the family dog rape her while she is tied up as the guy watches, Then if the child is a boy the child would join the dog in raping her as she desperately tries to get away. If it's a daughter you can have the daughter humiliate the mother in a variety of ways. Afterwards sensing something is wrong the daughter tries to sneak away only to be stop by her father who then proceeds to rape her too. The two of then are then brutally violated and left in a room together. The daughter seeing that she was wrong to betray her mother begs for forgiveness. You can then have the mother either reject her or accept her. If she rejects you can add self harm or suicide. If she accepts both waits in anticipation for Guy B to come back. Now Guy B comes back you can either have him killed off or have it turns out he was in cahoots with Guy A the whole time.

In a fantasy setting you can begin with lizard men or insect men raiding a village instead of your usual orcs. This story can then progress with various stories of people trying to escape. Many of them will meet unfortunate ends such as recapture or getting lost eternally. Those that return to the rest of the world find themselves rejected as whores or some other fantasy term you can make up. Having no choice they band together to form their own community. Little do they know they were tracked all along and the town they sought refuge in is also raided. Some would then leave the community to go back to their captors as they see no hope. Those that remain find themselves unable to sustain themselves and anarchy breaks out. What happens then is up to you.

Hope these ideas help!

Oh wow I actually got a like for this how unexpected

Last edited:

amBest

Jul 18, 2017
I am a huge fan of the idea. And I'm not picky about the direction:

* Female MC that gets fucked by every dog and hobo on her journey, nice.
* Dark Lord who enjoys causing pain, nice
* Fucked up world where just everyone gets fucked by zombies, cool. Maybe cannibalism?

etc.

Just gib moar extreme games. More scat, more gore, death, torture, MORE!

Reactions: Bootlicker

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
what i want to see in an extremely dark RPG?

tenor.gif

sry, just had to xD.

personally i would like to play as the monster hunting for once, hunting down females instead of being the female MC having to run away. aaand ofc. pregnancy, birth, inflation, stomach deformation, the full wagonload.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
I'm the writer and programmer but am just looking for ideas/what people would want to see.

Some things that I know I would like to include
-female protagonist
-humiliation themes
-pregnancy
-heavy amounts of bestiality

Also, thinking about not including combat because a lot of the time, combat just seems to be tacked on.

Art assets will be done in 2d maybe with animations for sex, but most likely CG.
Vore.

Nothing's darker than that.

underthemoon

Jul 18, 2017
I like the idea of an evil MC that sells her body for favors but is also willing to sacrifice companions and party members for example to further their own goals.

I'm also kind of bored with the idea of turning female MCs into sexcrazed sluts or mindbreaking them - that said, I think it's interesting when they're the ones doing that instead.

I think the most important part when writing an evil MC is that most people aren't evil just for evil's sake or because it's funny, they usually have some purpose in mind and they either justify their evil or find it most expedient to act in morally questionable ways.

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
Aside from the usual blackmail/ntr/snuff/drugs/corruption, give the viewers some hard choices like they're taking a socio/psychopath test. And out of those choices, some of them have plot twists that the viewer thought his choice has less consequences ended up with bigger mess.

Last edited:

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
How about some worldbuilding?

The best fantasy series/games/movies always have a fair amount of detail to make it seem fleshed out.

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
If the mc can't make someone rest his chin on mc's sword and beg for a quick one, it aint dark enough. Even if he make it to that point, it still won't cut it if he granted the death wish instead of inflicting trauma for life.

Iramis

Dec 3, 2018
Hmm, I would like to see a game in this vein without the annoyances that come with it so after some thinking here's some ideas or rather a setup for a game of this type that I think would work.
Make the (female)MC a part of an evil cult/kingdom/organisation etc. although I think personally a very twisted church like organisation which has maybe control of significant area of the world and is trying to increase their influence. To us the actions, rituals/customs and overall morality of the organisation would be very evil but to MC it would be normal, probably because MC was captured at very young age or born in the organisation and raised with their morals, and would be used to dealing with hardships. The MC at the beginning would be lowest of the low member of the organisation (not at servant level, still part of the actual organisation) who is at the mercy of the other members who are stronger and at higher level who abuse/humiliate her in various ways and make her do various tasks busy work etc. The organisation only respects strenght and position and MC understands that and reluctantly goes along with what is happening to her, with hopes of turning the tables one day. Also rather than gender it's more about position in society/org, I think it makes better characterisation. She then due to the work which is pushed on her gets better, stronger, smarter, maybe gets to understand her powers better which maybe are different and not as much respected in the organisation, or gets something while working outside, whatever, many posibilities. If you don't want to include actual combat maybe she gets other people to do her work, or in some way gets in control of a powerful good guy/girl and forces them to do the heavy lifting for her. Then she outsmarts/outmaneuvers her superiors, gets revenge humiliates/dominates them, increases her standing in organisation and then catches the eyes of even higher positioned people who want to control her and use her... Anyways from there it's basically a rags to riches or zero to hero type of story which work so well in RPGs.
I could have probably summed it up in less words but I'm not that good at it.

Some advantages I can see for setup are
- Female MC who is not a traditional weakling who is always getting raped and gangbanged after losing fights and is also not a sex crazed maniac. Has a more dominant personality but is restricted by the customs and laws of her twisted society. So you get best of both worlds, scenes with the MC being dominant and instigator and scenes with her being the subject.
- Don't have to make convoluted reasons for evilness of MC, evil is normal for her, maybe you can still challenge her morals later due to story reasons and maybe reinforce it or change her perspective if you want more nuance.
- In many rpg's (especially jrpg) here you are forced to purposefully lose or choose suboptimal options to see many darker scenes, to me this goes against the roleplaying aspect of the game and breaks the flow. Scenes should be rewards for your work or part of the story and should not force you to restart again and again.

Reactions: Dahakma

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Hmm, I would like to see a game in this vein without the annoyances that come with it so after some thinking here's some ideas or rather a setup for a game of this type that I think would work.
Make the (female)MC a part of an evil cult/kingdom/organisation etc. although I think personally a very twisted church like organisation which has maybe control of significant area of the world and is trying to increase their influence. To us the actions, rituals/customs and overall morality of the organisation would be very evil but to MC it would be normal, probably because MC was captured at very young age or born in the organisation and raised with their morals, and would be used to dealing with hardships. The MC at the beginning would be lowest of the low member of the organisation (not at servant level, still part of the actual organisation) who is at the mercy of the other members who are stronger and at higher level who abuse/humiliate her in various ways and make her do various tasks busy work etc. The organisation only respects strenght and position and MC understands that and reluctantly goes along with what is happening to her, with hopes of turning the tables one day. Also rather than gender it's more about position in society/org, I think it makes better characterisation. She then due to the work which is pushed on her gets better, stronger, smarter, maybe gets to understand her powers better which maybe are different and not as much respected in the organisation, or gets something while working outside, whatever, many posibilities. If you don't want to include actual combat maybe she gets other people to do her work, or in some way gets in control of a powerful good guy/girl and forces them to do the heavy lifting for her. Then she outsmarts/outmaneuvers her superiors, gets revenge humiliates/dominates them, increases her standing in organisation and then catches the eyes of even higher positioned people who want to control her and use her... Anyways from there it's basically a rags to riches or zero to hero type of story which work so well in RPGs.
I could have probably summed it up in less words but I'm not that good at it.

Some advantages I can see for setup are
- Female MC who is not a traditional weakling who is always getting raped and gangbanged after losing fights and is also not a sex crazed maniac. Has a more dominant personality but is restricted by the customs and laws of her twisted society. So you get best of both worlds, scenes with the MC being dominant and instigator and scenes with her being the subject.
- Don't have to make convoluted reasons for evilness of MC, evil is normal for her, maybe you can still challenge her morals later due to story reasons and maybe reinforce it or change her perspective if you want more nuance.
- In many rpg's (especially jrpg) here you are forced to purposefully lose or choose suboptimal options to see many darker scenes, to me this goes against the roleplaying aspect of the game and breaks the flow. Scenes should be rewards for your work or part of the story and should not force you to restart again and again.
that seems cool, but we gotta scatter lots of bad ends throughout so MC can become a true cumdump without derailing the story.

Reactions: Bootlicker

eosar

Aug 11, 2016
Nothing darker than a vanilla, wholesome relationship in a dark, dark world. Keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time playing it and completely breaks your heart if you were waiting for bad things to happen where there were none.

Rudzi

May 3, 2018
ABOUT MAGIC!
How about we have females be only (legaly) availeble spellcasters. It would work that magic is based on femininty, perhaps also sluttiness? Slut magic could also be something like dark arts. (or at least sluttiness would help greatly in spell casting)

You could also make dark arts be drawn from awfulness, sickness, disgusting stuff - it wouldn't be limited to just females then, but it would have more grim dark feeling to it.

Character/behaviour should matter in that scenario too, some examples:
-being a bit emotional = + for magic
-stealing candy from a child = + for dark magic
-painting nails = + for magic
-having shit over your body = + for dark magic
-wearing girly clothes = + for magic
-wearing only dark clothes = + for dark magic
(going heavily stereotypical would be fine)

Females would have some petty magic from their puberty at start but the ones that actually study it could become powerful wizards. (perhaps sissies would get it too?)
Dark magic would be given to those that happen to be in sickness, unable to clean themself, or just dicks. Fuck ton of dark wizards would come from poverty.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
If you want something to measure your dark rpg up with try Fear & Hunger, it is like Darksouls/bloodborne on RPGM if you kept pushing further.

Reactions: extreme_sadist