What would you want to see in an extremely dark fantasy RPG?

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Here's another idea. When the MC dies, there are no negative effects to you in face you even get some extra gold or a temporary power buff... Which will be at the expense of an innocent NPC. For example, the quest-giver may understand that your journey is hard and offer to help you out by giving you their slave's share of rations or gold. If you die enough times, they can even give you a powerful weapon that you find out was paid for by selling a slave girl's virginity to an orc. They could also be very charitable to you but then express violent anger to someone they have power over. It is one thing to punish the MC when they fail but it's another when an innocent has to suffer and the MC has to either except the benefits of that suffering or refuse it and let their suffering be for nothing.

Reactions: hsehsing

YAMUMAN

Jun 14, 2020
I'm actually also looking to make a Dark Fantasy RPG game and for me one of the biggest things that often bothers me about games like this is when they lock the majority of the H content behind lose states. Forcing the player to choose between seeing H content or playing the game.

Jan 10, 2020
i keep forgetting 2 do this...there was a game awhile back that a dev started, but has since abandoned:

https://f95zone.to/threads/subject-the-first-escape-v0-6-0c-public-nattmara-strange-games.4364/

n he had THE BEST group of tags i've ever seen for a VN: alien breeding, asphyxia, choking, cum inflation, electrocution, e-stim, gore, impregnation, monsters, needles, rape, skinning, tentacles, vore, whipping...only thing missing is some good 'ole dolcett sacrifices. THIS is the degree of "extremely dark" that's sorely lacking in fantasy RPGs/VNs

Davos2

Aug 29, 2020
Not sure if this would work for you Underthemoon, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Drakengard-esque story.

One description of the main characters were "Bad people who so happen to be against worse people," which was fitting. That kind of characterization could be good inspiration for who you want in the story.

Possible direction with your tags [female protagonist, humiliation themes, pregnancy, heavy amounts of bestiality] Would be some noted noblewoman of a military family, disgraced with some of those acts by an enemy nation before managing to escape/get rescued. From there she vows revenge, using her expertise, position and passion to committing massacre after massacre [Which could be done without combat, scripted scenes or choices].

A possible plot point could include infanticide. She despises her child borne from humiliations and bondage, showing how off kilter she has became, or said child could appear later as a major antagonist, possibly killing her if you want go for some classical tragedy.

And a dash of sexy killer elves for fantasy and extra darkness.

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
- Whore House
- Tavern: Where female protagonist gets groped a lot.

The above two elements are nearly the core of a dark, erotic fantasy RPG IMO.

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
an extremely controlling villain
a female protagonist that has to endure everything he puts her through while she looks for any way to escape and also try to understand why she was taken by the villain in the first place ,is he a disgruntled ex or a jilted lover ? or maybe just a stalker with a crush ? but he seems to know a lot about her and her family ....... , forced sex humiliation , degradation , mental abuse and control ....

Slothi

Feb 20, 2021
I feel like most Dark Fantasy games tend to either go into Rape simulator or BDSM is magic (aka sword of truth series.)

If you really want to throw people off their game try having magic is linked to sex, but not just a rape/bdsm analogy. Like a world where in order to cast a fireball you have to fuck your partner has crazy implications.

World building in Fantasy is always a must for me. Want to have Brutal Orcs that run around raping villages? Cool, but give me a reason why. Maybe the humans slaughtered all of their women in an act of genocide to wipe them out, and now they are trying to find any race that might be able to breed with them to prolong their race.

In Evenicle the elves are all female and have a low pregnancy rate so they have to keep having sex with other races to ensure their lineage.

Also adding in religion that matches your dark fantasy world really helps. Or even clashes with it. Evenicle does a great job showing how a Brutal world can come from having an overly Puritanically God that actually enforces their will on the populace can be super scary.

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
I feel like most Dark Fantasy games tend to either go into Rape simulator or BDSM is magic (aka sword of truth series.)

If you really want to throw people off their game try having magic is linked to sex, but not just a rape/bdsm analogy. Like a world where in order to cast a fireball you have to fuck your partner has crazy implications.

World building in Fantasy is always a must for me. Want to have Brutal Orcs that run around raping villages? Cool, but give me a reason why. Maybe the humans slaughtered all of their women in an act of genocide to wipe them out, and now they are trying to find any race that might be able to breed with them to prolong their race.

In Evenicle the elves are all female and have a low pregnancy rate so they have to keep having sex with other races to ensure their lineage.

Also adding in religion that matches your dark fantasy world really helps. Or even clashes with it. Evenicle does a great job showing how a Brutal world can come from having an overly Puritanically God that actually enforces their will on the populace can be super scary.
but you can only play a male protagonist .... from what i read about it

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
LonaRPG but not pixel xD LonaRPG is good in and of itself though really.

C.L.A.N

Jul 29, 2021
Dark fantasy is a cool genre, a pleasure to see so many folks enjoying it. What could be better than slay a bunch of orcs, save the blacksmith's daughter, then make her show gratitude with her holes, return to the village and waste all coins on drinks and busty sluts. I wouldn't choose the female MC, though. Unless she's some lesbian Red Sonya/Xena who's ready to lick every pussy on the way. :p

Btw check out the demo of BLOOD RAIDERS, the dark fantasy RPG in development. It's got kinky and extreme stuff, the TS might find some cool ideas there as well.

Last edited: