What's sorely missing from NSFW games that you should be much-MUCH more prominent

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Got a game in the works right now, with an ever-present system that I've yet to see anybody find a way to incorporate meaningfully into their games:

Starting over.

It makes sense that when you get to the end, you want to see the end and put it down and go "Oh, that was fun" or "Man, that was shit" and leave a review and be done with it. What I'm in the process of making right now is a game that actively has you start out in the middle of the story and you need to restart the game multiple times to get to the "end" of it.

Plus, can never seem to find enough tall women/giantess stuff without the women being heavily into either eating the MC or dominating them in some fashion. That and more "hard" mind-control games.

Reactions: EldritchTentacle

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
A game where the MC is a detective who investigates sex crimes. Patreon would allow sex crimes if the subject were presented in the proper context, right? Catch the perverts and rapists and lock them up.
svu_castinfo_1280x1120.jpg

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
A game where the MC is a detective who investigates sex crimes. Patreon would allow sex crimes if the subject were presented in the proper context, right? Catch the perverts and rapists and lock them up.
View attachment 507925
Though I'm not sure if "why did my crush grow a penis and rape me" is exactly what you're looking for.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovenudemods

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Got a game in the works right now, with an ever-present system that I've yet to see anybody find a way to incorporate meaningfully into their games:

Starting over.

It makes sense that when you get to the end, you want to see the end and put it down and go "Oh, that was fun" or "Man, that was shit" and leave a review and be done with it. What I'm in the process of making right now is a game that actively has you start out in the middle of the story and you need to restart the game multiple times to get to the "end" of it.
Of course, you run the risk of failing to grab the readers attention where they even care about the ending. Plus, no matter how enthralling something is, make it too long and it gets boring.

Plus, can never seem to find enough tall women/giantess stuff without the women being heavily into either eating the MC or dominating them in some fashion. That and more "hard" mind-control games.
You've seen a softcore mind-control game? I've yet to see a mind-control game where the protag doesn't abuse his power to do the most depraved acts the author can think of, it's like the authors of mind-control games are in competition to see who can write the scummiest protag and they just keep one-upping each other.

Reactions: Ribbit-Rabbit

Xalenda

Mar 8, 2018
Most softcore I’ve seen is “Kissing Therapy”, every character is female and the sex is implied at best.

What I meant by “hard” mc is showing the sex first and then the protagonist having real ramifications for their actions, like a sudden divorce or angry boyfriends, leading to more mc that spirals out of control.

Or, better yet, where somebody else gets their hands on the ability and uses it on the protagonist without their knowledge, creating an interesting push-pull dynamic.

All too often, once a character is fully controlled, they never go beyond that stage; I’d like to see a game really delve into that untapped mine.

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Most softcore I’ve seen is “Kissing Therapy”, every character is female and the sex is implied at best.

What I meant by “hard” mc is showing the sex first and then the protagonist having real ramifications for their actions, like a sudden divorce or angry boyfriends, leading to more mc that spirals out of control.

Or, better yet, where somebody else gets their hands on the ability and uses it on the protagonist without their knowledge, creating an interesting push-pull dynamic.

All too often, once a character is fully controlled, they never go beyond that stage; I’d like to see a game really delve into that untapped mine.
So, basically it goes from the MC "having a little fun" to develop into a series of events the MC has completely lost control over by the time he figures it out. With the push-pull you'd normally get something like death note, but if the other party was something like a yandere you could retain the H-scenes. Though combining a psychological suspense thriller with an eroge would take more than a bit of talent on the part of the writer. I think it can be done and I think it would be interesting to read a VN which keeps me on the edge of my seat with my hand in my pants at the same time.

pasunna

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2019
Nope… every game got their owns goal
If I want something specific for my want
So I will create it myself or hire someone to do it
Expecting other to make something I want will only get more disappointment

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Few things i'd personally like to see more of in adult visual novels.

More Male Protagonists of a brown/dark skinned persuasion in visual novel games. It'd be cool to see a brown/dark skinned male protagonist get with sexy women of all variety, light and dark brown-skin women, fantasy/mythical & alien race women, etc.

Also male protagonists who got something good & successful going for them, presented a competent and strong. Has a backstory and/or maybe an established reputation (Ex: Prodigy, Chosen One destined for greater things by a great prophet, Hero/Anti-Hero, Survivor or Sole Survivor of some event). Stories about the MC's Rise to Power, Revenge, Save the World (Kingdom/Empire), Clearing One's Name, War, Spies/Secret Agents, etc. Not the typical plain average MC who lives a mundane life (is maybe a student) and also either has no personality, is a hotheaded jerk and/or is a creeper. Also, the MC doesn't look a scrawny 13-year-old boy shorter than every women and no mind control/hypnosis plots.

More settings in High-Fantasy World (not medieval and not transported to another world), Space Opera (Space Fantasy), Military Sci-fi, Cyberpunk, Criminal Underworld (gangster, hitman or private detective), or some other Fictional World not limited to ours. Anything setting that isn't a plain contemporary setting, a school setting and takes place mostly in the MC's house.

Visual novels story's being more linear and having it optional to interact with every love interest characters & see every scenes in a single playthrough, not locking out content. Like a movie, but with optional additional scenes. Also, it being story-driven without the free-roaming & sandbox elements, mini-games, hidden items, and being at "x" place at "x" time to trigger & advance the story. If i wanted those things i'd play a completed AAA video game.

If the game is going a have 4 or more girls, have a actual harem/poly-romance route/path that plays into the early parts of the story as a subplot. I say Actual Harem as in MC having multiple lovers that agreed to sharing him, not MC having sex with women consequences-free but has to pick one girl in the ending.

Also maybe more women with dark/brown areolas and areolas/nipples of various sizes.
Male Protagonist having a romance with a female villain or the villain's female sidekick or henchman.

Visual Novels i recommend that more or less has a few things i mentioned in it: "WVM, "Reluctant Archon", "Starship Inanna", "Sisterly Lust", "Depraved Awakening", "City of Broken Dreamers".

Reactions: qwertycoltan

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Also male protagonists who got something good & successful going for them, presented a competent and strong. Has a backstory and/or maybe an established reputation (Ex: Prodigy, Chosen One destined for greater things by a great prophet, Hero/Anti-Hero, Survivor or Sole Survivor of some event). Stories about the MC's Rise to Power, Revenge, Save the World (Kingdom/Empire), Clearing One's Name, War, Spies/Secret Agents, etc. Not the typical plain average MC who lives a mundane life (is maybe a student) and also either has no personality, is a hotheaded jerk and/or is a creeper. Also, the MC doesn't look a scrawny 13-year-old boy shorter than every women and no mind control/hypnosis plots.
Any VN with an interesting protagonist such as that which is more... anime. Just my personal opinion but I find those 3D rendered game falls a bit too far into the uncanny valley for my taste. Only one I've found that I've liked was in which he was both smart and compitent and his overly serious attitude was explained by his background which often had him playing straightman to the girl's various antics which made enjoyable to read. He was able to quickly pick up on situations and wasn't above taking advantage of their ditzyness to play pranks on them.(imagine a VN using ditzyness for something aside from moe points)

abao

Mar 20, 2018
Humanly possible proportions.

I mean, sure some people like large breasts, but there's large breasts and the there's a spine breakingly large tumors on the chest. Same goes with stick thin waists and bloated hips.

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
I think VNs would be improved if the MC didn't voice every inane thought that happened to cross his mind.

Reactions: Adabelitoo
May 5, 2018
Simple but fap-worthy games like super deepthroat, slightly tired of how prevalent the complaints about "this girl is just dumb and unrealistic, give me 200 pages of backstory on this woman I want to fap to".

Reactions: verzauberung

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
Difficulty.

I want to play a game that actually demands some skill from me, not a walking simulator or a slideshow that has a difficulty curve purely based on grinding/farming.

Yeah, if you're gonna do a fancy money system for your VN, then also make a fancy way to earn it. Not just pressing a button to "work" at the convenience store. Or if you'll do a boss enemy for your RPG, then force the player to use strategies in order to defeat it, not just a normal enemy with more HP and ATK.
I second that and would just describe what i want out of an adult game more often as "gamplay mechanics".

It could be as simple as puzzle minigames, poin't and click elements or even turn based combat, but it should be an actual game. There is a reason things like walking sims or even vns to a certain degree got made fun of for so many years.
And to me its clearly the lack of interactivity that holds adult content back more than anything.

Crell

Aug 6, 2017
Consequences. Knocking up your girlfriend while still in high school or banging your sister should have consequences. Why are all the games always moronic happily ever afters? Where's my dark, gritty and realistic story?

And while we're at it: Realistic story lines. Why can't devs depict relationships realistically? This whole "New guy in town gets to bang 90% of the female population just for existing" is boring AF. Especially when those 90% also include every single female family member. Yeah, mom is totally gonna crave your dick because she saw you naked once, while lil sis empties your balls each night because she's "curious".

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
For me:
Mind control being about control.
To many games just use it for bimbofication or slutification.

I just want a bit more control.
Also good gameplay.
If i want to watch a movie or read a story i got other site's for that.
I am here because i want to PLAY. Not watch or read.

D

Deleted member 1844469

no male beta protagonists in Japanese man

Apr 18, 2019
(Especially) Male MCs that are more fleshed out and also MCs that are more normal, that act nice or VNs that let you choose to act nice without damning you on the sissy route if you do.

It's getting old. The typical pervert type that has overly perverted and interminable thoughts right down to the last detail every five minutes and the most important part what I dislike: about EVERY single female character – without any choice as a player to choose your way. It feels random, and it's getting old. MCs that act (kind of) nice but think almost exclusively like a big asshole.

There must be more nice guys MCs that still kick ass without being a dickhead.

Multiple choice should be more prominent as well.

Also fleshed out stories. It's visual novel for a reason, right. There is novel in the word. So more fleshed out and original stories, please.

More female MCs

More catgirls (but neither like standard furry where the catgirls look not humanoid enough anymore nor anime catgirls where it just look like human girls with attached tail and ears. i think of more like the style of Jay Naylor's Beth and non-clichee characters (unlike Anime catgirls))

More crime solving and sleuthing

Last edited: