Ren'Py Abandoned Where I Belong [v0.1.0 Beta] [Elementario]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Hi... been a while now since I posted something...
Well, first of all apologies for been inactive for so long.
I am sincerely very sorry about not keeping in touch but please I hope you guys can at least hear me out.
Things are very bad here and I am not able to work on the game anymore, I had high hopes of returning and I tried returning too but things just keep getting worse.

Originally I didn't wanted to tell everyone what's happening and why I took so long to respond because that would require me to talk about my personal life and who I am and where I live and frankly I didn't wanted to talk about about my personal life because I wanted people to judge me as a creator and judge me on my game not because of where I came from... but honestly if I don't talk about it at this point I think it will be a disservice to you guys as players.

But before that the status of the Game... it is now officially abandoned.
I am not longer able to work on it. I can't even provide enough time to make substantial progress in the game nor can I mentally pay attention to the game anymore.
I have worked very hard on this game, it may have been a bad game for most but for me its had been the best thing I ever made.
I spent months trying to perfect the code for the sandbox version of the game and even though it was not received well, I am proud of what I was able to make. It was hard work but even if for some (even my family members) it was a waste of time, I enjoyed working on it more than I had enjoyed doing anything before...
So... I will try to keep working on the game if I can... but there's no telling if the next version will come out in 2 months or 6 months or even next year or ever.
So, in a few days after I have posted this message on Patreon too, I will take down my patreon too.

Now... on to the details...
Just a warning, its going to be long so if you are not interested and only wanted to know about the game's status, its already written above. So, now for those whom I have disappointed by not posting anything for such a long time... I know its a lot but I'd be glad if you hear my reason for it-

Well, the reason I didn't wanted to talk about my personal details is because of stereotypes, most people have their minds set on what a person belonging to a particular group is like and I didn't wanted to people to that about me. I wanted to be known because of my work.
But since I am unsure of what my future is going to be, I am posting this here.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I honestly had no intention of telling all the details about my personal life and what's happening where I live... because first no one really cares and second because I didn't wanted to be judged about the kind of person I am based on where I live and what I believe in.
The reason I decided to talk about all this today is because I saw a friend's email yesterday (Sorry Carl, I know you sent that message many days ago but I only got to check it yesterday) He has been supporting me until now and even when most people thought the game had been abandoned he messaged me to ask how I am. But finally yesterday in his message I saw he stopped supporting me (The problem isn't that he stopped supporting me because honestly he should have stopped long time ago) and he stopped supporting me not because I was inactive for so long but because he didn't even knew what my problems were. Which understandably is unfair... I know most people won't ever see my message even those who see won't read all this but still I wanted to give a valid reason for my absence and why I abandoned the game.
As much as I love this game and as much as I want to see it been completed... truth is I have no idea if I will even live after a few weeks or be trapped in some detention camp for the rest of my life... So, leaving this game as it is just didn't felt right.

So... there you have it, so for disappointing and... let's hope that the worst doesn't come to pass.
Elementario,
Let me say that I am keeping you in my thoughts, and I hope that you stay safe. No one should have to live in fear like that. I read the report yesterday about what that government is doing, and it concerns me that even today such things are allowed.
I understand the not wanting to discuss your private life, and how hard it is to do so. I am glad that you did.
I will keep the game in my games folder as a reminder. If you get on and see this, feel free to message me at any time.

Reactions: botc76

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
I know this is not a platform for all this and I know this is unrelated to the game but still... I'd be glad if you guys can check this out.

This shows a glimpse of Police cruelty in India which the Police officials and the Government denies.
What they are doing right now is sending policemen to destroy public property, burn peoples house, kill the people who are protesting peacefully and put all the blame on Muslims saying that Muslims are terrorists and that they are destroying peoples livelihood.
Police have not shied away from open firing and beating students, old people, children and even women who are protesting peacefully.
Our government is way too confident in its power and control over India... and we have no choice but to try and just survive.

CreepyGhost

May 4, 2017
Hi... been a while now since I posted something...
Well, first of all apologies for been inactive for so long.
I am sincerely very sorry about not keeping in touch but please I hope you guys can at least hear me out.
Things are very bad here and I am not able to work on the game anymore, I had high hopes of returning and I tried returning too but things just keep getting worse.

Originally I didn't wanted to tell everyone what's happening and why I took so long to respond because that would require me to talk about my personal life and who I am and where I live and frankly I didn't wanted to talk about about my personal life because I wanted people to judge me as a creator and judge me on my game not because of where I came from... but honestly if I don't talk about it at this point I think it will be a disservice to you guys as players.

But before that the status of the Game... it is now officially abandoned.
I am not longer able to work on it. I can't even provide enough time to make substantial progress in the game nor can I mentally pay attention to the game anymore.
I have worked very hard on this game, it may have been a bad game for most but for me its had been the best thing I ever made.
I spent months trying to perfect the code for the sandbox version of the game and even though it was not received well, I am proud of what I was able to make. It was hard work but even if for some (even my family members) it was a waste of time, I enjoyed working on it more than I had enjoyed doing anything before...
So... I will try to keep working on the game if I can... but there's no telling if the next version will come out in 2 months or 6 months or even next year or ever.
So, in a few days after I have posted this message on Patreon too, I will take down my patreon too.

Now... on to the details...
Just a warning, its going to be long so if you are not interested and only wanted to know about the game's status, its already written above. So, now for those whom I have disappointed by not posting anything for such a long time... I know its a lot but I'd be glad if you hear my reason for it-

Well, the reason I didn't wanted to talk about my personal details is because of stereotypes, most people have their minds set on what a person belonging to a particular group is like and I didn't wanted to people to that about me. I wanted to be known because of my work.
But since I am unsure of what my future is going to be, I am posting this here.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I honestly had no intention of telling all the details about my personal life and what's happening where I live... because first no one really cares and second because I didn't wanted to be judged about the kind of person I am based on where I live and what I believe in.
The reason I decided to talk about all this today is because I saw a friend's email yesterday (Sorry Carl, I know you sent that message many days ago but I only got to check it yesterday) He has been supporting me until now and even when most people thought the game had been abandoned he messaged me to ask how I am. But finally yesterday in his message I saw he stopped supporting me (The problem isn't that he stopped supporting me because honestly he should have stopped long time ago) and he stopped supporting me not because I was inactive for so long but because he didn't even knew what my problems were. Which understandably is unfair... I know most people won't ever see my message even those who see won't read all this but still I wanted to give a valid reason for my absence and why I abandoned the game.
As much as I love this game and as much as I want to see it been completed... truth is I have no idea if I will even live after a few weeks or be trapped in some detention camp for the rest of my life... So, leaving this game as it is just didn't felt right.

So... there you have it, so for disappointing and... let's hope that the worst doesn't come to pass.
Never give up brother. Life sometimes hits hard, but it will reward you if you can survive it. Keep it up, no need for apologies, we can wait. I can't accept your decision and mark it as abandoned, just on-hold. :p

wingblade13

Apr 26, 2018
I hope you are safe mate and remain that way for long time, also instead of giving up this project why not put it up for adoption. Let someone else keep the torch burning kinda thing, and maybe you can help them with as an advisor. Just a thought...

Reactions: Elementario

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
I hope you are safe mate and remain that way for long time, also instead of giving up this project why not put it up for adoption. Let someone else keep the torch burning kinda thing, and maybe you can help them with as an advisor. Just a thought...
Thanks man... I will think about it...

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Our government just keeps falling lower and lower...

Our government just deported a German exchange student studying at IIT Madras because he participated in a peaceful protest against the acts our Government is imposing on its people which goes against the Indian constitution.
I sincerely am thankful to Jakob Lindenthal for standing up for what's right and for standing with us...
And deeply sorry that because of our Government he couldn't finish his education and had to leave...

• Sad
Reactions: MikieB

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Seriously?
A person is at risk of physical extermination, and you want him to continue to make a game so that you have fun?
Thanks for your concern... It means a lot.
But its okay, maybe he didn't read the post or he doesn't know why I abandoned the game, so its understandable.
Still I appreciate that at least some people understand. Thanks.

Elementario

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2017
Also, a little update on India' current situation...

And that's not even the entire story, the Policemen welcomed them like they were soldiers returning after a great war.
The Government shut off all the street lights around the Campus before and during the attack.
The assailants cracked open the heads of at least 3 female students and at least injured a few hundred students and a lot of professors.
The policemen stood at the gate and literally did nothing but watch all the violence unfold.
After the Policemen entered, our prestigious and reliable policemen weren't even able to catch even a single assailant (We all know they didn't even try)
And most importantly when the young boys and girls injured and covered in blood, scared and trembling came to policemen for help they walked away hoping that nobody catches them doing nothing on their camera instead of helping the injured.
This Government has came down to even beating women and children now... what a bright future we have ahead of us...

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
What? xD
Who told you that bullshit?
Also, he clearly said what his problem was
Probably this, " Section 67 of the Information Technology Act, 2000 punishes for obscenity/nudity in electronic form with an imprisonment that may extend upto 5 years and with a fine that may extend to 1 lakh rupees. On subsequent conviction it may extend upto 10 years imprisonment and fine that may extend upto 2 lakhs rupees."

Taher

Dec 10, 2018
Probably this, " Section 67 of the Information Technology Act, 2000 punishes for obscenity/nudity in electronic form with an imprisonment that may extend upto 5 years and with a fine that may extend to 1 lakh rupees. On subsequent conviction it may extend upto 10 years imprisonment and fine that may extend upto 2 lakhs rupees."
Wow lol
I was born, raised and live in India, so trust me when I say this I have never anyone being imprisoned for making "Adult content" unless of course its some non-consensual material or uploaded videos/pictures of unwilling victims with their consent/knowledge

But I will say this, what he said is really happening in India, covid just made it even worst
The reason he gave for leaving is real and I am pretty sure that was the reason he left and not because he made sexual content xD

Reactions: ILCjr

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Wow lol
I was born, raised and live in India, so trust me when I say this I have never anyone being imprisoned for making "Adult content" unless of course its some non-consensual material or uploaded videos/pictures of unwilling victims with their consent/knowledge

But I will say this, what he said is really happening in India, covid just made it even worst
The reason he gave for leaving is real and I am pretty sure that was the reason he left and not because he made sexual content xD
I know it is real. and the reason I posted that was because you asked a question, so I guessed why he/she would post what you responded to. I mean, does that law not exist?

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote