Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Where The Heart Is - Incest + Walkthrough + Gallery All-in-One Mod [Ep 18]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Now, for a quick update. Cheeky Gimp has updated the base files - again o_O. As an example, his original script.rpy file used to house the first 3 episodes and now it's been moved to a different file. It'll take some time for me to migrate the mod to this new file structure - all I can ask the good people of this community (and Gondor) is to be a little patient while I work on getting this out.
Take all the time you need, I'm happy you do it.

Also I have a general question.
When I downloaded this game an update or two ago, I downloaded this mod, because it said "all-in-one mod". When there are several mods to choose from I usually look for the one with the most features, so I didn't look at DrAddy 's mod at all.
I'm not going to ask which of the incest mods is better, because by now I know that you guys always have to change a lot of dialogue, so it's a creative process on its own. I guess they are similar though, aren't they? Or are you telling different (incest-related) stories with this?

Anyway, reading now how much work it is, I can't help but wonder, why the two of you don't collaborate/work together. This might sound naive, maybe it's a healthy competition, maybe it's just a coincidence. I'm not asking you to do this, by the way, I am really just curious. :) (Also maybe because I'm German and developing two concurrent mods seems highly inefficient. :p )

DrAddy

Luna's Lover
Modder
Donor
Jun 14, 2017

When I downloaded this game an update or two ago, I downloaded this mod, because it said "all-in-one mod". When there are several mods to choose from I usually look for the one with the most features, so I didn't look at DrAddy 's mod at all.
I'm not going to ask which of the incest mods is better, because by now I know that you guys always have to change a lot of dialogue, so it's a creative process on its own. I guess they are similar though, aren't they? Or are you telling different (incest-related) stories with this?

Anyway, reading now how much work it is, I can't help but wonder, why the two of you don't collaborate/work together. This might sound naive, maybe it's a healthy competition, maybe it's just a coincidence. I'm not asking you to do this, by the way, I am really just curious. :) (Also maybe because I'm German and developing two concurrent mods seems highly inefficient. :p )
i have nothing to do with the all-in-one mod, my and/or BSF's mod exists already longer. which mod is better, everybody has to decide for himself. i'm german and i get along quite well with developing the mod on my own. i also learn a lot about renpy programming.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
i have nothing to do with the all-in-one mod, my and/or BSF's mod exists already longer. which mod is better, everybody has to decide for himself. i'm german and i get along quite well with developing the mod on my own. i also learn a lot about renpy programming.
Thanks for your answer, as I said, I was just curious.

Trminator

May 3, 2017
Yea, if the version the mod is made for, is NOT your currently downloaded game version, the mod will not work, in the best of cases, in the worst of cases, it will also screw up your game, and force you to redownload both. ;)

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Yea, if the version the mod is made for, is NOT your currently downloaded game version, the mod will not work, in the best of cases, in the worst of cases, it will also screw up your game, and force you to redownload both. ;)
Just re-extract the game. No need to re-download. Unless you deleted the download before even testing the game.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
I totally understand why my post was deleted, but a Biff Tannen reaction gif mocking a user with George McFly's name and profile pic was comedy gold and now I feel I've peaked on this site and nobody else will see it.

:cry:
I saw it and was rotflmao

Reactions: Faptime

Tinuss

Mar 31, 2018
I totally understand why my post was deleted, but a Biff Tannen reaction gif mocking a user with George McFly's name and profile pic was comedy gold and now I feel I've peaked on this site and nobody else will see it.

It was a very good find. Truly a moment I will cherish

Reactions: Faptime

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
CrackBackManiac Just wondering how the mod is coming along. Any idea when we could possibly expect it? and please don't take this as me trying to rush you. I know all to well the time it can take. Please take all the time you need. I'd rather rather wait for a good mod with potentially no issues, then a rush job with a bunch of bugs. Love your mod and definitely willing to wait for it. (y)

GeorgeMarty

Jul 31, 2017

Sorry I missed it!

Mar 3, 2018
Lily at the beach
as Katie

Lily car ride
as Katie

Debbie seduction attempt
as Lily
Hey Tacito, I didn't quite get what these errors are all about. Can you shed a little more light?

Also, thanks for doing such a thorough QA for this :). I really only validated through the green choices and I hadn't checked the other paths.

Reactions: Tacito
Mar 3, 2018
CrackBackManiac Just wondering how the mod is coming along. Any idea when we could possibly expect it? and please don't take this as me trying to rush you. I know all to well the time it can take. Please take all the time you need. I'd rather rather wait for a good mod with potentially no issues, then a rush job with a bunch of bugs. Love your mod and definitely willing to wait for it. (y)
I know someone already asked, but... progress report?
I'm just about done with migrating the old files and fixing bugs on them. I'll pick up on the new episode stuff next. And I'll try my best to validate them out, so I'll take another day or so. Hopefully, in next couple of days I'll get it all ready and upload it.

Mar 3, 2018
I have a huge amount of respect for the modding community and DrAddy was one of my inspirations to actually get into trying to mod the game :). It originally started out as a mish mash of a few mods, specifically DrAddy's walkthrough mod and the gallery mod. But then I started building my own gallery system and I just started branching it off into my own thing. And it did give me a really good understanding of RenPy.

But I'm still nowhere close to others in their mastery of the modding scene - like DrAddy, Scrappy, MaimLain. Which is also why you'll not see my mod anything beyond VNs - because of their simplistic flow it's easier to get done:oops:. I'm still learning about stuff, and I'm trying my hand at other RenPy games that are more open world. I don't really know if I'll be able to do anything decent there.

Mar 3, 2018

As for why I haven't collaborated - I honestly dunno. I do hope I get along well with folks, but I am just too much of a scatterbrain and a procrastinator to effectively collaborate with anyone. On my own, I am almost always inefficient. When I work with others, I make everyone else inefficient - which is why folks stopped relying on me long ago :HideThePain:.

As for the incest, I tend to take some creative liberties - I may have added a few lines to enhance the experience without actually derailing the original narrative of CheekyGimp. And since writing is one of my hobbies, I just took it upon myself to add those details and which is why I didn't use any of the other inest mods. And while I am sure that they are just as good as this one, I just felt it would be nice to share my narrative addons rather than re-use the ones that are already being shared by others.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote