Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I generally tend to save the game before making any decisions, too. Unless it's the kind of game where decisions don't actually matter.
The problem becomes keeping track of those saves, as well as what all the decisions were. I find that I cannot do it without keeping a file for each game, updating it as I play. It can get messy with multiple paths, but it works for me.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Yes, it tends to get messy, but only because I haven't been keeping my saves in order the way Ren'Py allows.

Did you know, for example, that you can rename every page of saves? Just click on the page name.
It's a good idea to keep the page number, though. But adding a custom name at the end of the default name is totally OK and helps to keep track over various paths.

I have a text file full of 150-word bullet points explaining each of my saves for the game.
Holy crap, that's dedication. Or OCD, maybe o_O :D

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017

Folks,
I have a fully working game with multiple typos / bugs, etc. corrected and all attributes / loops / if statements checked, so looking good for a release very soon.

I just need to fix a couple of animation transitions and change some dialog in one particular scene and then one last (very quick) playthough.

So estimating about 3hrs before the final release.
Thanks a lot for your patience and thanks a lot to all of the beta testers - You really helped speed things up.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
So you're telling me I'm going to have to wait 13.8 billion years for the next update?
The math checks out

ETA: This is a quality post and I wish more threads were full of this kind of humor

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 325 Votes