MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
So you want an episode where the Mc randomly goes in and out of businesses asking could he see their CCTV footage and (realistically) being refused. I agree it would add a bit more depth to the investigation but it would be a boring update. :)
True but I was thinking more a "sum up" scene... He could arrive at Jo's coffee shop looking frustrated and tired, have a conversation with Jo about what he's been doing all day, and then you can have him be unsuccessful and have her decide to try and help, maybe even slot this into the scene where he goes and helps her at her cafe and has sex with her. No need for a lot of scenes of him talking to random people, just add some dialogue into a scene.

zetsupetsu

Dec 22, 2019
Am I the only one not getting the significance of the video feed reveal?

Wasn't it already established before that Elaine DID want you out of the house (given her previous cold messages to MC on early episodes)
What difference does this make if it was her who sent the email to Monica?

Wouldn't that just mean she was trying to find someone who can take care of MC outside of the house since she wants the house herself so she plotted the fake email?

But this was also pre-will reading and she already said before she was intentionally being cold to MC and only decided to reconnect with him after finding out about the will, so her sending that email still makes sense and within her reasons so I'm not sure what the reveal is supposed to imply?

Unless I'm missing something?

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh, and while I'm at it:

I didn't really like it; I thought it was a bit distracting.

But to be fair, I thought the same about blinking the first time I encountered it, and I've grown rather fond of it since then. So I don't want to make any snap judgements.

On a final note, I thought the new title screen was too busy. The pictures are nice, but there are a lot of them and they don't draw the eye to the actual title - which compounds the problem by being in small, elaborate text, in a light color on a light background, in the upper right corner of the screen.
View attachment 1150377
If the title stood out more, or were in a more prominent location (usually the center, top left or bottom right in the English speaking world), I could probably get behind it. But as is, I feel like it's failing at the one thing you expect a title screen to do.

Sheesh, I'm being all negative here. Let's see, what else can I praise? Oh, right!
View attachment 1150383
Debbie always looks good, of course, but I really liked her new suit. :)
Yeah, I think the home screen is a bit busy too. Can't blame anyone but me for that one. I think it worked as a poster but not as a home screen. will look to udate it for Ep21.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
When MC's friend shows up, I'm calling him Dave. Done deal!
I can already see the intro
Dave - "Dude why haven't you hit me up man?"
MC - "I really wanted to bud, but I've had a fuck ton to do and my dick is constantly hurting."
Dave - "Man TMI, you going to see a doctor?"
MC - "I considered it, but I'd probably just end up balls deep in her too."
Dave - "What if the Doc is a man?"
MC - "Dude, you are like the 4th man to even show up in this town... I'll take my chances."

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Eh, this has turned into the exact kind of a game that a decently done mod can make 10000x better. Not locking you out of paths and letting you see all the scenes in one playthrough.

I get it from a devs perspective, multiple routes and all that...but I just don't want to replay the same 95% of a game 5 times just to get all the individual scenes.
Then you're looking for a visual novel, not a game where coices matter.

Benares

May 12, 2017
I can already see the intro
Dave - "Dude why haven't you hit me up man?"
MC - "I really wanted to bud, but I've had a fuck ton to do and my dick is constantly hurting."
Dave - "Man TMI, you going to see a doctor?"
MC - "I considered it, but I'd probably just end up balls deep in her too."
Dave - "What if the Doc is a man?"
MC - "Dude, you are like the 4th man to even show up in this town... I'll take my chances."
You forgot the cliche "bros before hoes".

- Francois
- The lawyer
- Dogboy

what kind of complex does "Dave" have?

CheekyGimp

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Just started a new run and it is amazing how much the graphics improved from Chp 1 to ch 20. The quality of the textures, the lighting, and the posing are so different it almost feels like two different games. So until there is, hopefully, a remaster in the future; I have taken a European cinema abstract approach. When our hero arrive things are dark, washed out, and a bit unclear. As the story progresses, his world begins to brighten and take focus due to love and piecing together the gold digger mystery.

Ok, its a bit much I know; but I just watched Fellini's "Roma" again, and I got in that vibe. :LOL:
A re-do of earlier episodes is in the works but it'll be a while because we don't want to impact work on new episodes.

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
I believe that a game is a game if it is not subject to reality or at least not 100% if not it becomes a chronicle, not a game.
Every game is a game when it allows things that do not happen every day in reality.
In WTHI MC has seduced (or has been) Katie Jenna Monica Jolina Debbie LiLy Theresa Angel Zara Jessica Elaine Bella and others but this does not say that it has to be harem or not since the relationships can also be interrupted. Try saying no to Elaine's request to leave her home and see if Elaine will say sweet words or tell you to fuck off.
Let's take WTHI for what it is a game that is different than many others and that still excites even if it is at chapter 20.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Also bear in mind that there's plenty of people who turned down a girl and then want to change their mind after other events unfold....so if we made every decision final - would piss off a lot of people....if we give multiple opportunities to change your mind...also pisses a lot of people off so damned if you, damned if you don't.
While I understand that some people might change their mind later with the quick start feature being a thing surely it doesn't matter as much now. The problem for me like I mentioned before is that Bella kept trying to fuck my MC even though I rejected her constantly and it really got on my nerves, made me really hate her and made her look suspicious as hell and come across a crazy obsessed lunatic.(though maybe that's what you guys were going for).

I just hope that the same thing doesn't happen with Theresa I really want nothing to do with the crazy bitch and I really hope the game constantly doesn't ask if I do unless it is required for the main story.

Last edited:
Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
While I understand that some people might change their mind later with the quick start feature being a thing surely it doesn't matter as much now. The problem for me like I mentioned before is that Bella kept trying to fuck my MC even though I rejected her constantly and it really got on my nerves, made me really hate her and made her look suspicious as hell and come across a crazy obsessed lunatic.(though maybe that's what you guys were gong for).

I just hope that the same thing doesn't happen with Theresa I really want nothing to do with the crazy bitch and I really hope the game constantly doesn't ask if I do unless it is required for the main story.
it is not a behaviour common to all female characters

e.g. Katie no longer hits on or even hints at it, and also all MILFs.

Jenna represents the border, she doesn't really try anymore but complains about not being chosen all the time.

it may be an impression but the behaviour gives an empirical division between good and neutral (I don't think there are villains in the story)

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
it is not a behaviour common to all female characters

e.g. Katie no longer hits on or even hints at it, and also all MILFs.

Jenna represents the border, she doesn't really try anymore but complains about not being chosen all the time.

it may be an impression but the behaviour gives an empirical division between good and neutral (I don't think there are villains in the story)
It's been a while since I played the game from the beginning so I wasn't sure if all characters were the same or not. If that's the case then I assume it was intentional to make Bella look suspicious as hell along with Jolina since those two are the ones that constantly try to sleep with the MC no matter how many times you reject them.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
So you want an episode where the Mc randomly goes in and out of businesses asking could he see their CCTV footage and (realistically) being refused. I agree it would add a bit more depth to the investigation but it would be a boring update. :)
Similarly it would be prudent for the MC to get his own Lawyer. And anyone with at least some life experience that hears of his tituation (aka Monica) should tell him to do so. He could easily pay for it with the money he already got. But then this is still an adult game and not ace attorney. Reading an extensive dialog about inheritance laws will just have people complaining.

Unless you want to make that lawyer a hot milf ... :unsure:

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
So i started episode 20 with my KLD quadcouple and only Jo as a FWB(girl really needs some love) refusing all the other beautiful LIs being the "nice and loyal" person that i am THEN you throw a fucking Jenna/Jo threesome at me. It should be criminal to throw such temptation at a guy.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
If Jo is working with Bella it would be in both their interests to make Elaine out to be the bad guy again.
Well, it not known whether Bella knew about the Monica thing - from what others said, the emails went to a lot of the MC's friends. It could be her trying to do good by the MC for throwing him on the streets. Or perhaps she wanted him out of the house but her will conditions made her reconsider and offer him an olive branch.
Or, she may indeed be the bad gal.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well, it not known whether Bella knew about the Monica thing - from what others said, the emails went to a lot of the MC's friends. It could be her trying to do good by the MC for throwing him on the streets. Or perhaps she wanted him out of the house but her will conditions made her reconsider and offer him an olive branch.
Or, she may indeed be the bad gal.
Well, as I am a grouch, I see Elaine in the most negative light possible... As a woman who is willing to fuck the son of her long time boyfriend in order to ensure that she gets the house they lived in. I don't believe that she can fall in love with the MC that quickly and I do believe she is a manipulative snake.

But then I could be wrong and she could be a sweet, innocent, misunderstood woman who just happens to want to fuck the boy she ignored and allowed her boyfriend to abuse for years.

oscarlooksatcamera.gif

Reactions: duningtwo

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Then you're looking for a visual novel, not a game where coices matter.
Not sure I can agree with that statement. Take KotoR, for example. No one would assert that is a game where choices don't matter, yet no scenes are blocked out. Of course individual scenes will play out differently based on choices, but they are all there (excluding situations like executing a character that would have otherwise had later scenes - But no one is talking about chopping off Lily's head).
It just seems to me there is more than one way to make choices matter, and plenty of games that do not lockout scenes are not "virtual novels".

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
Oh the devs, you naughty things. What are you views on the comment from Katie:
Could this be a valid clue or is it just a red herring? (is the expression 'a red herring'?)

What are your thoughts on that?

I think I will commit suicide if
has anything to do with the Gold Digging!

A question for the devs, Is Lily modeled on a real person?, if so, where does she live? please hurry, because I have already left my wife for Lily. Would be a bummer if she was not a real person.
Ah my friend, you are too late. She is already mine. So sorry :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

benyaminlorit

Nov 15, 2018
Might be my favorite chapter although I feel that way for almost every chapter at this point. Jenna has been my main gal since day 1 and Jolina is my favorite sidechick (right up there with Bella) so them getting together for some action is a dream come true and a huge scene checked off my bucket list. Can't wait for Jenna's turn in the beach house if ever that happens. The whole Elaine scene too was a big cherry on top and boy, did she look damn good on top. ;) Looking forward to where it goes next and I have a feeling the main story's pace is gonna ramp up.

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes