Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
So how does one get with Jenna and Katie? Follow their paths as normal or is there a specific lockout to be aware of?

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Remake mid development is a sign of BIG issues, usually deeply troubling personal ones lol...
Stopped paying for this one ages ago, the team should have finished the game and then put it up on steam. Couldn't really care less how it turns out now, which is a shame as I really enjoyed it through to the cosplay episode.
this is great all about the update but a remake again ? for real how many are their going to be they all of different types keep doing remakes on here hell if you made this game a harem were you can have them all or a few instead of narrowing it down at the end that would be be great . but i dont see hat happening i will grudgingly play this but i probably wont like it
Nooooh....just..;milking:cool:
Unless im mistaken im pretty sure the rework is because this dev wants to sell the game on steam so it needs some upgrades as the old renders look like ass compared to later parts of the game. As it would look bad to sell the game with poor renders.

Most games yeah a reworks is bad sign but since this dev decided to do it on the last update before the game. It's not all that bad compared to alot of other reworks. So I dont see this really as milking tbh because of that. Not just that if he really was milking he would of done a rework a long time ago and probably again , so yeah I dont see this as milking in any way. It can be debatable if he should of finished the game first then put it on steam. But I can see it why he would want to do the rework first because otherwise he wouldn't be selling it on steam for like a year +.

If anything has changed im unaware but last I paid any attention to info about the rework that is what I was told or read so maybe im wrong. But last I heard was just reworking parts of it not the entire game the first 15 or so chapters if I recall might have the number wrong

Last edited:

wuckfit123

Dec 12, 2019
Considering that they're "only" remaking season 1 (I know there's new scenes and plot alterations, but they're trivial), progress is really slow af. I mean, they don't even have to write brand new stuff, and from what I've seen from the remaster so far, posing and renders aren't even all that either. It's an improvement sure, but given the time we had to wait for it I would expect badik or cobd level visuals.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial Android port of Where The Heart S1-Beta-20240710.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my Android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like Windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11+), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
since this dev decided to do it on the last update before the game ... SNIP ... I dont see this really as milking tbh
Ask yourself why on earth they would do it prior to the final chapter? That's *exactly* why it's milking.

I swear ever since they started listing on steam all the greedy ass little goblin devs have been crawling out of the woods with their 'remakes.' With the queen of remakes even removing all adult content from Summer's Gone so they can dupe unsuspecting people into buying it on steam before they shove it all back in with "season 2."

God, I miss the days when AVN's were either professional Japanese works, or a passion project/hobby. What an absolute curse patreon has been, now it's happening again with Steam. For every dev that's doing it because they're passionate about creating something we have 20 that will drop their game if they don't get enough cash cows signing up within 6 months.

/rant

• Haha
Reactions: Exocrine

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Ask yourself why on earth they would do it prior to the final chapter? That's *exactly* why it's milking.

I swear ever since they started listing on steam all the greedy ass little goblin devs have been crawling out of the woods with their 'remakes.' With the queen of remakes even removing all adult content from Summer's Gone so they can dupe unsuspecting people into buying it on steam before they shove it all back in with "season 2."

God, I miss the days when AVN's were either professional Japanese works, or a passion project/hobby. What an absolute curse patreon has been, now it's happening again with Steam. For every dev that's doing it because they're passionate about creating something we have 20 that will drop their game if they don't get enough cash cows signing up within 6 months.

/rant
eh i still disagree personally but it's okay you don't just different opinions. Only reason I don't agree is cause I can understand the reason why doens't mean I like it . I've seen much worst cases of milking and honestly I feel people throw the term milking around way to often and easily just cause they disagree. Not saying you are cause I can understand too why you would have a different opinion and why you would consider it as such.

SGrimmer

Aug 12, 2016
The fact that the ending is delayed behind years of "remasters" is the clear sign that it's a grift. There is 0 reason to do it in that order other than to keep Patrons on the hook for longer. Again, this isn't new information, but it bears repeating whenever an "update" hits.

4.40 star(s) 325 Votes